• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Deadly

Mr. Snrub said:
I can update the list with the latest name/ID changes, but given that we'll be using Battlelog platoons, I wonder if we can't work out an easier system.
If they allow multiple soldiers, someone could make a [GAF]soldier and everyone adds that instead? You can check it's profile and then add the friends he has.

scogoth

Deadly said:
If they allow multiple soldiers, someone could make a [GAF]soldier and everyone adds that instead? You can check it's profile and then add the friends he has.

No multiple soldiers. We'll just split up into regional platoons. I just wish there was some way to verify if someone is GAF or not. Last time I got some people like ccjiososoiuy trying to join.

LordCanti

Whoever heads up the regional platoons can cross check the Origin list we've been keeping. Most people are on it at this point. I really hope that Origin importing will work better in the retail battlelog than it did in the beta.

There are 85 people on my Origin list right now. Importing all of them manually...again... ;_;

Menelaus said:
There is really no reason to add friends to Origin, as far as BF3 is concerned.

That's what I'm thinking too, since we have Battlelog. If we are all just going to join regional platoons anyways, wouldn't it be easier to not maintain a list and just wait for the Platoon to be created? My only concern is QA'ing who is a gaffer and who isn't, but if people just indicate that they've requested access or we have everyone list their GAF name in their profile, it might not be a problem.

Just trying to prevent double work.

scogoth

Mr. Snrub said:
That's what I'm thinking too, since we have Battlelog. If we are all just going to join regional platoons anyways, wouldn't it be easier to not maintain a list and just wait for the Platoon to be created? My only concern is QA'ing who is a gaffer and who isn't, but if people just indicate that they've requested access or we have everyone list their GAF name in their profile, it might not be a problem.

Just trying to prevent double work.

How I did it in beta was just search their name in GAF if nothing showed up I told them to PM me. The major problem was most people have different names for battlelog. If people just post there battlelog name ONCE in this thread then we can search for it and confirm pretty easily.

LordCanti

scogoth said:
How I did it in beta was just search their name in GAF if nothing showed up I told them to PM me. The major problem was most people have different names for battlelog. If people just post there battlelog name ONCE in this thread then we can search for it and confirm pretty easily.

Their battlelog name is the same as their origin name (or is that changing?). That being the case, most of the work is already done, since we have a long list of peoples Origin/Battlelog names already paired to their GAF name.

You'd have to verify anyone coming in late that wasn't on the list of course.

Okay guys, we're working on getting the server set up in time for launch. Don't know if DICE will have server tools available on launch, but we're going to have a survey with server-related questions ready soon.

What sort of custom server options are you all interested seeing? Give us some ideas for questions (ex: should FF be enabled? should Hardcore be enabled?)

I'd vote for Hardcore enabled. It was better in BC2 and it's how I like to play my CoD.

Also, good work :) Not sure if there's anything I can do to help, but since I was one of the first people to bug you to organise a GAF server I'm happy to help in any way that I can!

Menelaus

Banned
Well, instead of "should FF/hardcore be enabled" i'd lean towards "how many days a week should FF/hardcore be enabled".

hard to come up with too many without knowing what kinds of options we'll have.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
Well, instead of "should FF/hardcore be enabled" i'd lean towards "how many days a week should FF/hardcore be enabled".

I'd like to know how many people are actually for FF/HC. The earlier poll was pretty heavily in favor of no FF/HC, until people found out about it in the other thread. People that had no intention of ever playing with us were voting, and their vote shouldn't count for anything. Maybe we could have an "if yes, how many days a week" question for people selecting yes?

Other than that, I guess it is pretty hard to come up with questions when we don't know the options. I think ticket count is a pretty good bet, as are things like respawn rate (for vehicles, and people). Those things were in BC2.

Kyaw

No FF or hardcore for me.

The bullet damage is already pretty lethal in BF3 compared to BC2's pea shooters.
Not a fan of FF as not everyone in the game will be communicating with mics or communicating at all...

Sorry about the lack of donations from me. I'll get the donation in sometime between now and release. It's not like we're lacking funds anyway. :D

I wouldn't be against having a day or two a week with it hardcore but overall I'd prefer it not to be. I put in a donation just now for the server, looking forward to release
3AQmK.gif

Menelaus said:

as much as I like hardcore, it's hard to say if that's a good idea...

to build traffic with the community you need consistency that players can easily recognize and remember.

scogoth

Mr. Snrub said:
Okay guys, we're working on getting the server set up in time for launch. Don't know if DICE will have server tools available on launch, but we're going to have a survey with server-related questions ready soon.

What sort of custom server options are you all interested seeing? Give us some ideas for questions (ex: should FF be enabled? should Hardcore be enabled?)

Stock regular version

LordCanti said:
Their battlelog name is the same as their origin name (or is that changing?). That being the case, most of the work is already done, since we have a long list of peoples Origin/Battlelog names already paired to their GAF name.

You'd have to verify anyone coming in late that wasn't on the list of course.

That long list is a good start but is not being updated. So if new people just post here "scogoth | scogoth" then the regional mods just search gaf for their origin/battlelog name and if it shows up they get accepted. A lot of people who appied in Beta werent on the OP list.

Sanjay

Hardcore Wednesday, Monday Friendly fire, no one likes Monday's. But you get the gist of it, when the game comes out, it would be nice to try out all the available modes to grasp how the gameplay turns out.

1stStrike

Banned
Honestly, at least for the first few weeks, I'd like to just go with regular BF3. Once everyone is used to the game, has had a chance to become familiar with all the maps, etc. then I think we can start doing events. The best way, of course, would be to go by popular vote. So, name 3 - 4 different events, set dates, and then implement them accordingly.

That's how I'd go about it, anyway.

Okay, so if we want to hold off on voting server rules and stick to vanilla for a bit (which I am fine with), what about kick rules? So far we have:

-Spawn-camping/base-raping
-Offensive/hateful language (I'd even extend this to hateful soldier names--no "niggerkiller" or shit like that)
-Hacks, of course
-Griefing?

Anything else we should vote on or consider?

Maybe hogging vehicles? It seems a bit unfair for people who want to fly but the same people always wait/instantly spawn into them. Everyone who wants a go in them (which probably won't be me cos I can't fly for shit -_-) should get one. Doesn't have to be a very strict rule, as there's nothing wrong with being a dedicated pilot, but maybe we could do something about it. Always seemed to cause arguments in BC2 servers.

Also, do we have any idea about how in-your-face the rules etc will be on our server or is that something we have to wait to find out? I hated in BC2 how those messages came UP IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SCREEN and then looped in the chat box etc. There's enough of a HUD as it is, server spam should be kept to a minimum (ideally, a splash screen). Again, I have no idea how much control one would have over that, but if we do have control I say we keep it to a minimum, if we even use it at all.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Okay, so if we want to hold off on voting server rules and stick to vanilla for a bit (which I am fine with), what about kick rules? So far we have:

should not include air on air vehicle violence. give warnings first.

Mr. Snrub said:
-Offensive/hateful language (I'd even extend this to hateful soldier names--no "niggerkiller" or shit like that)
I would disagree with a language filter. I think strict warnings for anything hateful case warnings are more important th

Mr. Snrub said:
-Hacks, of course
Instant kick, warnings first for glitches.

Mr. Snrub said:
-Griefing?
Depends what you consider to be griefing :)
"Deliberate actions taken to harm ones own team."

I think multiple people camping out for vehicles, should be a general warning. If they continue to do it than if possible through admin tools kill them.

Yeah, I agree with that :)

Also, accusations of camping/hacking get old reallll fast. You know 99% of the time it's just a bitter person who got killed. I'd like to have that clamped down on, personally.

1stStrike

Banned
The aerial vehicles will probably get hardcore camped. Now, if you suck ass at flying and can't go 20 feet without crashing into a mountain, you shouldn't fly - but, people should be able to get a fair chance at vehicles.

Now, it also comes down to skill. Once you get with a good team people tend to separate into groups of what they're good at, so I doubt that will be a problem. I know I suck at open combat, so I tend to go covert as much as possible and get people from behind to avoid direct confrontation - while others prefer running up front and running and gunning, or taking the tank and driving over people.

squidyj

Mr. Snrub said:

-Hacks, of course
-Griefing?

From what I've played and seen I think it's going to be important to clearly define what is and is not base rape/spawn-camping.

Laser Pointers, Flashlights, and pushing your team around (literally, getting physically pushed around when you're prone SUCKS). When is it just part of the game and when is it griefing? To be clear I mean blinding your own team with flashlights and laser pointers.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:

-Hacks, of course
-Griefing?

Honestly, after playing Caspian, I'm not sure how we're going to enforce base raping/spawn camping until there is a script to do it (for jets at least). How do we keep a jet from fighting back, when a ground based AA gun is firing at it from the enemy base? We'd need to ban the use of AA guns, and make sure everyone knew that they couldn't use them. For infantry (and tanks) it shouldn't be a problem to enforce that rule though (bases were auto-protected in the beta, at least from ground attack)

Offensive/Hateful language: Agreed. Maybe a warning for offensive language, but racists can GTFO. (offensive being prolonged and constant profanity or high volume, not a "fuck" every couple of minutes)

Hacks: Yes

Griefing: With FF off, I'm not sure how much someone can do. One warning for team equipment destruction. Maybe instant-ban for purposefully wrecking a chopper full of people or something.

No one should be banned for hogging vehicles (if they actually use them), spamming rockets, or any of the other things you could get banned for in some BC2 servers though. We can force spawning after X time to keep jet camping from happening. I'm also all for a "two people can camp the jets at any time" rule, which would keep more than two people from standing there like idiots.

The rules would need to change whenever FF was on.

Spl1nter

Is it griefing if I TK my entire squad and then revive all of them because there is no negative points for TKs?

good times in the beta.

In my experience base camping scripts are just bad because as Canti said, I am punished for defending myself if someone is attacking me from there main base.

1stStrike

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Is it griefing if I TK my entire squad and then revive all of them because there is no negative points for TKs?

good times in the beta.

I usually TK'd people that were in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. Like, some sniper that's at the last base just chilling there... he gets a TK.

squidyj said:
When is it just part of the game and when is it griefing? To be clear I mean blinding your own team with flashlights and laser pointers.

I think it's as clear as day or pretty damn obvious when someone is or attempting to 'grief' using lasers and flashlight attachments. And I'm sure with the changes made since the Beta, someone running around with a flashlight, trying to distract people is would be pretty easy to point out as I'm sure the distance in which the light is effective is shorten -- Either way, he/she would have to be directly in front their given teammates, squad etc. and keeping a constant presence opposite of them. I'm sure someone who is pointing or aiming down the irons with the flashlight or laser attachment isn't trying to watch for unknown enemy presence behind me for an entire match, standing a few feet in front of me. Lasers have a longer range but the same principle applies... can I be honest? I doubt this ever will be a BIG issue. Not saying it'll never happen but meh.

fin

LordCanti said:
Offensive/Hateful language: Agreed. Maybe a warning for offensive language, but racists can GTFO. (offensive being prolonged and constant profanity or high volume, not a "fuck" every couple of minutes)
Agreed

If we can make so there isn't a crowd of people camping the jet spawns that would be a plus. If the jet isn't there join the rest of your squad!

I'm also for having FF and HC days but not 100% of the time. Maybe we can do voting somehow?

scogoth

Mr. Snrub said:

-Hacks, of course
-Griefing?

I say no to scripts, they don't work as well as admins. Spawn camping should be dealt with kills first then maybe temp bans. If I'm flying a jet and the enemy AA is shooting at me its only reasonable for me to be able to shoot back. If its someone sitting in a tank in their base then kill and warn

Language, just kick anyone for racism/hate speech. Trash talking is fine by me, especially in mumble =]

Hacks, ban outright

Griefing, well I think we all know that we should have griefing wednesdays where all gaf members fill a team and pubs on the other. If its truly intentional and distributive I say warn then 24 hour ban

DTKT

Do you guys have a set location for the server? I really want to donate but if the server is on the West coast(I'm in Quebec), my ping is just too high.

scogoth

DTKT said:
Do you guys have a set location for the server? I really want to donate but if the server is on the West coast(I'm in Quebec), my ping is just too high.

Virginia, we tried for Toronto but with like 4 Canadians we didn't have much of a voice =(

zulfate

Gaf name: zulfate

origin name: thesulfate

i downloaded mumble but im not sure how it works...is everyone in one server or spread out?
i dont see anyone in there so just wondering sorry guys! thanks

1stStrike

Banned
zulfate said:
Gaf name: zulfate

origin name: thesulfate

i downloaded mumble but im not sure how it works...is everyone in one server or spread out?
i dont see anyone in there so just wondering sorry guys! thanks

There's a separate mumble thread that has some info on how to set it up/join. There's definitely people on the mumble server atm, though obviously nobody in the BF3 room since it's not out yet.

zulfate

1stStrike said:
There's a separate mumble thread that has some info on how to set it up/join. There's definitely people on the mumble server atm, though obviously nobody in the BF3 room since it's not out yet.

yeah i followed the thread and i see a lot of chatrooms for different games...theres no lobby chat is there?

1stStrike

Banned
zulfate said:
yeah i followed the thread and i see a lot of chatrooms for different games...theres no lobby chat is there?

You have to add the mumble server specified in the mumble thread on GAF and connect to it. It's all voice chat, no text chat rooms going on or anything. Once you're in you just join the appropriate room. If there's nobody playing anything you're interested in then... well, I guess just wait until there is.

zulfate

1stStrike said:
You have to add the mumble server specified in the mumble thread on GAF and connect to it. It's all voice chat, no text chat rooms going on or anything. Once you're in you just join the appropriate room. If there's nobody playing anything you're interested in then... well, I guess just wait until there is.

thanks alot i finally i got the hang of it...first time in a chat room thing lol

cannot wait for that BF3 room lol

LordCanti

On the issue of mumble, our host is providing us with a free mumble server. We don't have the IP address for that yet, but Mumble can be configured using the existing instructions in the mumble thread (you'd just need to change servers later).

Multiplay (our host) will have our BF3 server up and ready to go at 11pm eastern time on the 24th, if I'm reading their new blog post correctly (it says 17:01 BST, 12:01 EDT, 9:01 PDT). If the game unlocks at midnight (on the 25th), we may have the server up and running, if everything goes according to Multiplay's plans.

zulfate

LordCanti said:
On the issue of mumble, our host is providing us with a free mumble server. We don't have the IP address for that yet, but Mumble can be configured using the existing instructions in the mumble thread (you'd just need to change servers later).

Multiplay (our host) will have our BF3 server up and ready to go at 11pm eastern time on the 24th, if I'm reading their new blog post correctly (it says 17:01 BST, 12:01 EDT, 9:01 PDT). If the game unlocks at midnight (on the 25th), we may have the server up and running, if everything goes according to Multiplay's plans.

ok so we will have an entire new server just for bf3...nice

1stStrike said:
The aerial vehicles will probably get hardcore camped. Now, if you suck ass at flying and can't go 20 feet without crashing into a mountain, you shouldn't fly - but, people should be able to get a fair chance at vehicles.

Now, it also comes down to skill. Once you get with a good team people tend to separate into groups of what they're good at, so I doubt that will be a problem. I know I suck at open combat, so I tend to go covert as much as possible and get people from behind to avoid direct confrontation - while others prefer running up front and running and gunning, or taking the tank and driving over people.
Base-rape rules are easy, here's a set of "UCB" (uncappable base) rules that my old BF2 Clan server instituted with great success.

4. RULES ON THE UNCAPS
a.No bombing/strafing runs/artillery/helicopters in UCBs (Uncapable Bases.). These are the flags with the red circles around them. Airfields detached from the UCB do not usually have a UCB flag. Detached airfields are part of the UCB regardless of the distance from the UCB and the rules for uncapturable airfields are the same as those for any other UCBs.

b. No Armor in UCBs, either. Jeeps/Vodniks/foot soldiers are allowed (this includs using the AT rocket to destroy airplanes, you CAN do it!)

c. Shooting INTO the UCB from outside it: Armor, APC's, Mobile AA, Helicopters, and Aircraft are not allowed to shoot into a UCB unless fired at from the UCB and then, you may only kill the enemy that has engaged you. Once again, the UCB is not a safe zone, if you shoot out, they can shoot back.

d. YOU CAN STEAL ARMOR AND AIRCRAFT. BUT...... After stealing a vehicle and/or aircraft: As long as there is sincere forward motion at FULL SPEED to get out of the UCB, you can shoot at everything on the way out, HOWEVER you may slow down briefly (DO NOT STOP) only to acquire accurate aim to eliminate an immediate threat. That means NO PAUSING to get an extra kill.

*Special Note on UCBs!!!*
UCB safe zone during takeoff: The aircraft (plane or helo) must be outside of the natural boundaries of the UCB before you can engage it. Engaging aircraft is defined as locking onto aircraft on the ground or just taking off. You can not circle above the UCB waiting for the aircraft to leave the UCB or follow the aircraft taking off out of the UCB. This is considered camping the UCB and is kickable for doing so. If the helicopter or plane is taking off, the air above the UCB is off limits, therefore there is no height restriction. If they shoot at you, they become a valid target though.

If you return to re-arm or repair, you are a valid target until that vehicle is destroyed. The UCB is not a safe zone to run to. This means if you land your plane/helicopter as well. But, if in the process of following a Helo or plane back to the UCB and there is any collateral damage from the kill, you can be kicked. And if you hop out of the jet on the runway and get killed, you are not collateral damage. SO DON'T TRY IT!

NO Camping The UCB, you MAY NOT fly to the UCB to search for Planes or Helicopters returning to Rearm/Repair, UNLESS you maintain DIRECT CONTACT with them prior to them returning to the UCB.

Regarding the AA gun on the Essex Carrier or AA inside of UCBs: You CAN attack the AA with Jet Guns and TVM's (T.V. Guided missiles from the chopper) ONLY if you are being shot at or being locked on to. You cannot shoot empty AA. If you kill anyone other than who is in the Essex gun you can and WILL get kicked. Just make sure that you are prepared for that. This goes for any UCB AA. You CAN kill it, but if there is collateral damage, be prepared to get kicked. If you jump into, shoot the AA and then jump out and are killed by the AA blowing up or by the jet’s guns, you are still a valid target and this is a legal kill.

There are two exceptions to the UCB rule. Play close attention boys and girls, this could be confusing:

1. The two forward USMC spawn points on Karkand can be attacked. The main spawn point in the back is protected by the UCB rule.

2. On Wake Island, "Artillery Island" can be attacked by anything. The carrier is off-limits.

seeing as both Karkand and Wake Island will be in BF3 these special condition could very well still be applicable in BF3.

scogoth

Cuban Legend said:
Base-rape rules are easy, here's a set of "UCB" (uncappable base) rules that my old BF2 Clan server instituted with great success.

Lol wouldn't call those easy rules, but i agree except the bombing runs. I think an aircraft going after another aircraft on launch is viable.

just because you like to attack jets while they are taking off doesn't mean it's not base-rape. It's baserape, and if a douche pilot can find a way to farm kills from you every time you tried to take off, you'd rage too.

anyone in the right mind would not like that being done to them.

If the server rules breed smart but sophisticated gameplay, then we will attract smart and sophisticated players, while discouraging douchebags from playing... I think everyone can agree that they don't want to attract baseraping douchebags.

-IF anyone here agrees with the example of rules I quoted in my last post, that's just a part of the UCB rules, i can post the rest of the rules my old server ran with, if you all are interested in looking at what can be done in regards to what to warn/kick/ban for and how many times.

To be clear a decent 2warning/2kick/2ban system works great for keeping things in line yet allowing for a second chance for player redemption from braking the rules in special cases.

LordCanti

scogoth said:
Lol wouldn't call those easy rules, but i agree except the bombing runs. I think an aircraft going after another aircraft on launch is viable.

They are pretty complicated actually O_O

Unless things have changed since the beta, the game itself will keep infantry and ground vehicles out of the enemy uncap. Mostly we just need to think about flying vehicles, and how to keep them from doing any base raping. Tanks won't be able to go into the uncap by default, but some maps may be set up where a base has line of sight to a flag. In those instances, shelling from the base shouldn't be allowed. If people are allowed to destroy enemy jets using their jets, I guess AA-gun usage from the base would be allowed (as well as stinger) to combat that.

Cuban Legend said:
just because you like to attack jets while they are taking off doesn't mean it's not base-rape. It's baserape, and if a douche pilot can find a way to farm kills from you every time you tried to take off, you'd rage too.

anyone in the right mind would not like that being done to them.

If the server rules breed smart but sophisticated gameplay, then we will attract smart and sophisticated players, while discouraging douchebags from playing... I think everyone can agree that they don't want to attract baseraping douchebags.

-IF anyone here agrees with the example of rules I quoted in my last post, that's just a part of the UCB rules, i can post the rest of the rules my old server ran with, if you all are interested in looking at what can be done in regards to what to warn/kick/ban for and how many times.

To be clear a decent 2warning/2kick/2ban system works great for keeping things in line yet allowing for a second chance for player redemption from braking the rules in special cases.

I'd like to read them. My only real issue with the example you posted is that it's not very concise. We're going to have public players as well, and I'm not sure that having them go to our blog and read pages and pages of rules is a viable option. The basics of the rules should probably fit on a splash screen, like the one in BC2 that comes up before you enter a server. They should be easy to understand, at the very least.

Edit: Same rules, shorter winded, in other words.

LordCanti said:
They are pretty complicated actually O_O

Unless things have changed since the beta, the game itself will keep infantry and ground vehicles out of the enemy uncap. Mostly we just need to think about flying vehicles, and how to keep them from doing any base raping. Tanks won't be able to go into the uncap by default, but some maps may be set up where a base has line of sight to a flag. In those instances, shelling from the base shouldn't be allowed. If people are allowed to destroy enemy jets using their jets, I guess AA-gun usage from the base would be allowed (as well as stinger) to combat that.

That's the reason why they are so complicated BF2 didn't have uncap protection from ground vehicles and infantry.

We do now so therefore we can edit that rule-set section to accommodate the new uncap protection. So BF3 actually makes things with Uncaps easier.

LordCanti said:
I'd like to read them. My only real issue with the example you posted is that it's not very concise. We're going to have public players as well, and I'm not sure that having them go to our blog and read pages and pages of rules is a viable option. The basics of the rules should probably fit on a splash screen, like the one in BC2 that comes up before you enter a server. They should be easy to understand, at the very least.

Edit: Same rules, shorter winded, in other words.
That is also an easy fix, BF2 had scrolling server messages that could be set to scroll by in the ingame chat at fixed intervals, we can have intermittent scrolling messages that have the rules truncated.

-For that to work we need to note to player that if they have a rule issue, just read the scrolling rules, they should all scroll through in their entirety within a matter of minutes if truncated properly.

Here's the full ruleset for our old BF2 64 player vanilla server:
We try not to have too many rules on the server, however the ones we do have are made to help the game play. One rule we have here that is unusual is that we have a waiting-in-line system for aircraft. (See below). Basically, we've got two types of rules. One is kickable offenses, the other is bannable offenses. Yet even the kickable offenses can get you banned if you keep doing it.

If someone is breaking the rules, SPAM IN CAPITAL LETTERS THAT YOU NEED AN ADMIN!!!! DO NOT take justice into your own hands. Things start getting out of control. Understand that it sometimes takes a couple of times.

As mentioned below, if you have any problems, please go onto the server forums and speak your mind in a polite manner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kickable Offenses
Don't worry! For the below items you get two warnings before you get kicked (EXCEPT rule #3) two kicks before you get banned, and two bans before its permanent. In other words, if you get warned twice and then kicked for bombing the UCBs, yet you get back on and do it again, you'll get kicked again. Get back on and do it a third time and you'll get banned. (Of course, you can appeal it on the forum.). Now, if you get on and do it AFTER you got banned, then bye-bye. Warnings and Kicks are cumulative round to round. If you received two warnings for an offense and commit it the next round you will be kicked. Same goes for the kick to ban rule. NEW ROUNDS DO NOT MEAN YOUR SLATE IS WIPED CLEAN!
  • 1. SQUAD UP. This means join a squad. You can lone-wolf all you want...just squad up or you can be kicked.
    1a. Locking your squad unless it's all clan members AND it's full. We won't bug you about it, but if we tell you to unlock your squad, DO IT! Remember we are trying to promote teamwork. Locking a squad with only yourself or someone else does not accomplish what we are trying to promote here. Hell, you may even make a few friends.
  • 2. DO NOT Command or Squad/lead without VOIP (Voice over I/P). This is a teamwork server. Communication is a large part of it.
  • 3. There is a LINE system for AIRCRAFT Use it. (This DOES NOT APPLY to ground vehicles). If you cut in line, you'll be kicked with no warnings. Sometimes they call cutting in line jumping the queue. If you are standing on the aircraft spawn while others are waiting, you will receive two warnings and then be kicked. If you hop in to the plane or helo, you will be kicked regardless if you had prior warnings or not. It is not fair to those that abide by our rules and wait while the one that jumped queue is flying around with a warning. If you can't play nicely with others and share your toys, you don't get to play in our sandbox. Remember, lying about someone jumping line/breaking rules is a permanent ban!
  • 3a. If you are critically wounded while waiting for an aircraft or helo and you are revived, you will retain your spot in line. If you are not revived or leave the aircraft/helo spawn for any reason, you have forfeited your spot in line and will now be placed in the back of the line. If the guy first in line goes to revive someone just outside the immediate aircraft/helo spawn area, be a sportsman and let the guy maintain his spot because he did something for the benefit of the team.
    3b. Where does the line form?
    -For planes, the line is anywhere within the hanger or along the edges of the runway near the plane spawn.
    -For helos, the spawn is any area within or along the edges of the helo pad. On carriers without a defined helo pad, the line is formed around the immediate area of the helo spawn.
  • 4. RULES ON THE UNCAPS*(See expanded UNCAP RULES AT BOTTOM) : Once more, there are NO PLANES/CHOPPERS/ARMOR/ARTY in UCBs. But YOU CAN RAPE ON FOOT AND IN JEEPS!!
  • 5. No REPEATED ramming of jets and choppers into other aircraft. That's obnoxious. (We’ll give you a “whoops” once or twice. Just do not make a habit of it.)
  • 6. DO NOT PLAY COMMANDER IN VEHICLES. Of course, if you're in a vehicle to make sure the enemy won't acquire it, Sure. But offer to give it up if somebody is nearby. This doesn't apply to low-count games where the server has 8-12 people on each side.)
  • 7. IMPERSONATING AND ADMIN OR CLAN-. Using the admin or =GAF= or [GAF] pre-fix if you're not GAF or ADMIN will get you kicked until you change it.
  • 8. ABUSIVE BEHAVIOR against admins or other players.. Such as disrespect, you can cuss all you want during game play, just don't get too carried away to the point it disrupts game play. Please in general just be respectful and you'll be fine.
  • 9. DISRUPTIVE GAMEPLAY. This includes, screwing around causing ticket loss to your team, Hindering your teammates from using/accessing vehicles IF YOU ARE SCREWING AROUND and happen to TK or damage a teammate's vehicle and anything that is SO disruptive it makes someone complain/leave the server, it MAY and Probably will result in a KICK.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Server side automatic kicks
Understand that the server itself automatically kicks for the additional items:
  • 1.Pings above 400.
  • 2.Being idle over 10 minutes.
  • 3.Having a negative 20 score (-20) (equal to 4 TKs). This is to avoid some pr*ck running around TK'ing on purpose.

Bannable Offenses
Last we have the ban reasons; you went too far. So far that we don't even want to see you anymore. However this server is run by people and people can make mistakes. We accidentally ban people all the time. It's very tough to figure out what's going on. So if you get banned, we don't have anything against you. We just want to know WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED. So don't be angry at us if you think you are banned while you did nothing wrong...happens ALL THE TIME. Just post in the forum, and please mention your name, the date and time you were banned. Then we will do our best to find out what went wrong, and most of the time you will be un-banned as soon as possible. The fact that you took the effort to come to this forum, makes clear you are human, just as we are, that makes mistakes. No hard feelings, lets just solve the problem.
  • 1. Any deliberate FORCE TK'ing, TKing, TK'ing for a vehicle, this includes flying the chopper to the edge of the playing field in order to kill the gunner a.k.a "Red Lining". (Yeah, we know that one)
  • 2. Standing in front of vehicles with the purpose of being team killed
  • 3. Cheating and/or hacking
  • 4. Stat padding
  • 5. Using racial slurs
  • 6. Repeated warnings and kicks that are cumulative from round to round can and will result in a ban
  • 7. Lying about someone else breaking the rules

* Special note on Bannable Offenses* Rules 3, 5, 7, and "red lining" are permanent bans. You can ask to be unbanned, but most likely, you'll have to find other places to play.

4. RULES ON THE UNCAPS: Once more, there are NO PLANES/CHOPPERS/ARMOR/ARTY in UCBs. But YOU CAN RAPE ON FOOT AND IN JEEPS!!

• 4a.No bombing/strafing runs/artillery/helicopters in UCBs (Uncapable Bases.). These are the flags with the red circles around them. Airfields detached from the UCB do not usually have a UCB flag. Detached airfields are part of the UCB regardless of the distance from the UCB and the rules for uncapturable airfields are the same as those for any other UCBs.
  • 4b. No Armor in UCBs, either. Jeeps/Vodniks/foot soldiers are allowed (this includs using the AT rocket to destroy airplanes, you CAN do it!)
  • 4c. Shooting INTO the UCB from outside it: Armor, APC's, Mobile AA, Helicopters, and Aircraft are not allowed to shoot into a UCB unless fired at from the UCB and then, you may only kill the enemy that has engaged you. Once again, the UCB is not a safe zone, if you shoot out, they can shoot back.
  • 4d. YOU CAN STEAL ARMOR AND AIRCRAFT. BUT...... After stealing a vehicle and/or aircraft: As long as there is sincere forward motion at FULL SPEED to get out of the UCB, you can shoot at everything on the way out, HOWEVER you may slow down briefly (DO NOT STOP) only to acquire accurate aim to eliminate an immediate threat. That means NO PAUSING to get an extra kill.

*Special Note on UCBs!!!*
UCB safe zone during takeoff: The aircraft (plane or helo) must be outside of the natural boundaries of the UCB before you can engage it. Engaging aircraft is defined as locking onto aircraft on the ground or just taking off. You can not circle above the UCB waiting for the aircraft to leave the UCB or follow the aircraft taking off out of the UCB. This is considered camping the UCB and is kickable for doing so. If the helicopter or plane is taking off, the air above the UCB is off limits, therefore there is no height restriction. If they shoot at you, they become a valid target though.

If you return to re-arm or repair, you are a valid target until that vehicle is destroyed. The UCB is not a safe zone to run to. This means if you land your plane/helicopter as well. But, if in the process of following a Helo or plane back to the UCB and there is any collateral damage from the kill, you can be kicked. And if you hop out of the jet on the runway and get killed, you are not collateral damage. SO DON'T TRY IT!

-NO Camping The UCB, you MAY NOT fly to the UCB to search for Planes or Helicopters returning to Rearm/Repair, UNLESS you maintain DIRECT CONTACT with them prior to them returning to the UCB

Once more, there are NO PLANES/CHOPPERS/ARMOR/ARTY in UCBs. But YOU CAN RAPE ON FOOT AND IN JEEPS!! And......

Regarding the AA gun on the Essex Carrier or AA inside of UCBs: You CAN attack the AA with Jet Guns and TVM's (T.V. Guided missiles from the chopper) ONLY if you are being shot at or being locked on to. You cannot shoot empty AA. If you kill anyone other than who is in the Essex gun you can and WILL get kicked. Just make sure that you are prepared for that. This goes for any UCB AA. You CAN kill it, but if there is collateral damage, be prepared to get kicked. If you jump into, shoot the AA and then jump out and are killed by the AA blowing up or by the jet’s guns, you are still a valid target and this is a legal kill.

There are two exceptions to the UCB rule. Play close attention boys and girls, this could be confusing:
  • 1. The two forward USMC spawn points on Karkand can be attacked. The main spawn point in the back is protected by the UCB rule.
  • 2. On Wake Island, "Artillery Island" can be attacked by anything. The carrier is off-limits.
    *end special NOTE*

Top Bottom