• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth

1stStrike said:
I won't be playing day 1 btw. I should be starting in early November, though my time will be split amongst other games too.

Play at least an hour or two! I hope to be level 15 by the end of day 1.

Prizes: five 32 person ranked servers courtesy of Art Of War Central

Psh. We got better than that already.

I suppose we could banish the peasant Rush players to that server...

1stStrike

Banned
scogoth said:
Play at least an hour or two! I hope to be level 15 by the end of day 1.

Can't. I won't be picking up the game until after my next paycheck. I'll catch up eventually - it doesn't really take that long to level up in the grand scheme of things.

scogoth

1stStrike said:
Can't. I won't be picking up the game until after my next paycheck. I'll catch up eventually - it doesn't really take that long to level up in the grand scheme of things.

Well if the beta was anything to go by you should be fully levelled in 20 hours. I know that was expedited but even it took twice as long thats not that much. I've been playing BC2 for over 300 hours and still haven't reached level 50 =(

scogoth

Foliorum Viridum said:
No wonder the level 50 people in BC2 fuck me up...

Yeah its a bitch to get there. Next level up for me is 300,000 points and I average about 5000 points a round with awards. Its just gotten to GT5 grinding levels now.

EDIT: I just noticed my SPM is 234 in BC2, during BF3 beta it was 670 lol. First couple of days will be glorious with noobs =]

Menelaus

Banned
scogoth said:
Well if the beta was anything to go by you should be fully levelled in 20 hours. I know that was expedited but even it took twice as long thats not that much. I've been playing BC2 for over 300 hours and still haven't reached level 50 =(
Yeah, but full unlocked was around level 25, right? Not like level 50 gains you anything besides bragging rights.

That's pretty much the worst way to do leveling up. It's bad in BF3, but that? Jesus.

It's like they look at how Infinity Ward made unlocks great and did the opposite.

Edit: Okay, not so bad if unlocks stop at 25.

1stStrike

Banned
scogoth said:
Yeah its a bitch to get there. Next level up for me is 300,000 points and I average about 5000 points a round with awards. Its just gotten to GT5 grinding levels now.

Or MMO. Once it starts getting really grindy to level up I start losing interest. That's why I never hit level 50 in BFBC2 - I just got bored at that point, though 429 hours is a shit ton of time still so I'd say I definitely got my money's worth.

Menelaus

Banned
Just checked my BC2 stats...lvl 43, 281 hours. I know it took my buddy that hit 50 around 500 hours. No way do I care that much.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
BF3CC teased by I3D for server administration.

s6Nzf.png

That looks pretty streamlined. If clanforge turns out to be a bit clunky, I could see using that.

Level 44, 241 hours (looking at BFBCS, not Steam). God knows how long it would take me to get 50, but my play time fell off a while ago due to time constraints. I really don't "have" time for BF3 but...fuck it.

Best weapon (most kills) is still the T88, from that one patch where it was buffed (or were the others nerfed?)

Not counting Sir Carl, of course.

Menelaus

Banned
Haha, my best weapon is the M60 by FAR (before the nerf)...something like 3000 kills with it.

I will miss the Neostead + slugs so much.

Kills: 584
Headshots: 194

Spl1nter

Wow all you guys are just so bad at bc2. Reached level 50 so long ago. Took around 300 hours, you rank up pretty quick when your spm is 300+.

Spl1nter said:
Wow all you guys are just so bad at bc2. Reached level 50 so long ago. Took around 300 hours, you rank up pretty quick when your spm is 300+.

Speaking of douchebags...meet your NeoGAF BF3 server admins!

Menelaus
Foliorum Viridum
Kyaw
derFeef
Legato.Reborn-
Cuban Legend
Spl1nter
Norua
fin
Mr. Snrub
Lord Canti

Hope no one feels snubbed, this is really just a list of people we've had a good amount of gametime with and/or have expressed an interest in the server & BF3 GAF. We can always add (OR SUBTRACT) from this list.

Spl1nter

Mr. Snrub said:
Speaking of douchebags...meet your NeoGAF BF3 server admins!

Menelaus
Foliorum Viridum
Kyaw
derFeef
Legato.Reborn-
Cuban Legend
Spl1nter
Norua
fin
Mr. Snrub
Lord Canti

Hope no one feels snubbed, this is really just a list of people we've had a good amount of gametime with and/or have expressed an interest in the server & BF3 GAF. We can always add (OR SUBTRACT) from this list.

I see you listed me below Cuban. The admin wars begin!

1stStrike

Banned
Spl1nter said:

I suck at FPS's, though I still enjoy playing 'em. I usually end up with a terrible k:d ratio, but I'm constantly capping mcoms or flags, as I focus on the objectives. My team usually won and while it was rare for me to be on top of the leaderboard, we worked quite well together.

So, yeah, I suck but I focus on what I'm good at it when I'm playing.

Spl1nter

1stStrike said:
I suck at FPS's, though I still enjoy playing 'em. I usually end up with a terrible k:d ratio, but I'm constantly capping mcoms or flags, as I focus on the objectives. My team usually won and while it was rare for me to be on top of the leaderboard, we worked quite well together.

So, yeah, I suck but I focus on what I'm good at it when I'm playing.

My brand of arrogan sarcasm comes across horribly in text

Spl1nter said:
I see you listed me below Cuban. The admin wars begin!
watch us escalate this admin war till we both end up banned by eachother or something lol xD

So where do we meet for admin meetings, meet to setup the server situation prior to and after launch and all that? Did vertopci create a new mumble server for BF3, do we have our own, or did he add enough slots to his current GAF mumble server to accommodate the possible influx of 64 GAFers or more playing BF3.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
watch us escalate this admin war till we both end up banned by eachother or something lol xD

So where do we meet for admin meetings, meet to setup the server situation prior to and after launch and all that? Did vertopci create a new mumble server for BF3, do we have our own, or did he add enough slots to his current GAF server to accommodate the possible influx of 64 GAFers or more playing BF3.

We'll have our own 64 slot mumble server, provided by Multiplay. As for meetings, nothing has been discussed on that front yet.

LordCanti said:
We'll have our own 64 slot mumble server, provided by Multiplay. As for meetings, nothing has been discussed on that front yet.
kks. So regarding BF3CC, i learned that it wont be exclusive to ID3 server. it's just the regular public release of the CC app similar to the one that took basic and advanced BF2 admin procedures by storm.

This shit is gonna be a piece of cake.

so now all we need to do is figure out what ruleset we want to adopt. we need 2 forms, 1 in a simplified format for easy digestion for the public, if we get a splash page or small text splash.

and 1 detailed one with intricacies that has been well thought out so admins can quickly take action based on the rules under just about any circumstance.

there's lots of other stuff, but we can talk about that stuff at whichever meeting we have as soon as we have access to the server.

Kyaw

Menelaus said:
I'mma gonna kick people who say I suck at flying!!

But do you suck at flying?

When i say 'suck at flying', i mean people who crash into trees, lamp posts and terrain repeatedly.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
so now all we need to do is figure out what ruleset we want to adopt. we need 2 forms, 1 in a simplified format for easy digestion for the public, if we get a splash page or small text splash.

and 1 detailed one with intricacies that has been well thought out so admins can quickly take action based on the rules under just about any circumstance.

there's lots of other stuff, but we can talk about that stuff at whichever meeting we have as soon as we have access to the server.

The basic rules for day one should be: No Griefing, No TK'ing (through means like crashing a jet full of teammates out of bounds), No Racism, No mumble/voip tirades, No Cheating, No Base Raping, etc. Base raping is going to be the difficult one to enforce, at least until there is a script to do it automatically (keeping people from killing from their base, as well as being killed in their base).

We can create the more detailed rules once we have a better idea of what admin tools are being provided (extensive logs? screenshots? etc.)

What would you guys want to meet on? Mumble? AIM/Yahoo/etc? IRC? Text chat works the best for me, since I can pretty much text no matter what I'm doing (even if I can't talk).

LordCanti

Kyaw said:
Yup, steam group chat!

Quick and dirty rules adapted from Cuban's old BF2 server:

iuXjOYHpI4aus.gif

1. Yes

2. Kind of unenforceable since the game chooses squad leaders

3. One person in line per vehicle max. Two jets? Two people can wait for them. If someone spawns into them, tough shit :p wait some more. If you see two people waiting for the two jets already, you can't wait for it. We'll make the spawn time short enough that you can't die in a jet and then spawn back into it, which should make waiting for it on the ground a viable option.

4. Yes, unless the plane is being fired upon from the base by an AA turret, in which case it has every right to take that AA turret out. Ideally, no one would man the AA turrets, and no one would base rape in the jets. Once there is a script, the script will automatically keep people from doing it.

5. No. Ramming an enemy jet/heli/etc is a viable way to take it out. Don't want to get rammed? Don't fly slow, IMO. It shouldn't be that much of an issue, since missiles will do a much better job than kamikaze. If you meant team on team vehicle ramming, then yes.

6. Not sure it's applicable, since it's hard to impersonate an admin without log-in credentials. If anyone is dumb enough to try, I guess it's a ban, but I'm not sure we need a written rule for it.

7. Yes, though we'd need to define it (same as griefing, yeah? Shining lasers or flashlights in teammates eyes constantly, parking vehicles on the runways, etc)

8. Same as 7 pretty much

Steam group chat seems like a good solution. At least people won't need to sign up for new accounts, like they'd need to for IRC or AIM/Yahoo/Etc if they didn't have one.

Kyaw

I have a modified version of the Cuban's old BF2 server rules...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wxgCXYZobmVgUft1DIJhJj54zDvYVPoeYW-1GcIKLh8/edit?hl=en_US

Please edit where you wish. :)
We'll have to wait until we get the game and started playing enough MP games to implement some other rules.

Kyaw said:
I have a modified version of the Cuban's old BF2 server rules...

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wxgCXYZobmVgUft1DIJhJj54zDvYVPoeYW-1GcIKLh8/edit?hl=en_US

Please edit where you wish. :)
We'll have to wait until we get the game and started playing enough MP games to implement some other rules.
you should blend 8 into 7.

and make 8 that racisim/biggotry is an instaban. we can set the server to ban for when a player types in from a pool of bannable words. that shit should be intolerable.

Spl1nter

LordCanti said:
The basic rules for day one should be: No Griefing, No TK'ing (through means like crashing a jet full of teammates out of bounds), No Racism, No mumble/voip tirades, No Cheating, No Base Raping, etc. Base raping is going to be the difficult one to enforce, at least until there is a script to do it automatically (keeping people from killing from their base, as well as being killed in their base).

What!?!? That takes out all the fun of playing. Shit talking is half the game.

Top Bottom