• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

gatisimo said:
Applied to NA East as gatisimo. I'm not a good player, but am willing to learn the ropes by running alongside you guys.

Accepted you along with a few other people into the platoon.

Skill level does not matter. What matters is working together as a team. Stick together, join us in mumble and you will not only have a ton of fun but learn the ropes quickly.

fin said:
So for our mumble server what r we doing for rooms? I'm thinking have a room for us team and Russian team. Then maybe a few other chat areas. But we should get two rooms dedicated for the teams.
were going to try and set it up once we can get admin access to it. we're working on it. until then, join on the main GAF mumble server and enter the Battlefield channel at the top of the list.

Menelaus

Banned
so for mumble, i was thinking about the whole US and RUS channels...makes sense, until the teams swap. Then a guy hops on the server and ends up in the wrong channel, even though he picked his side's "correct" channel.

scogoth

Menelaus said:
so for mumble, i was thinking about the whole US and RUS channels...makes sense, until the teams swap. Then a guy hops on the server and ends up in the wrong channel, even though he picked his side's "correct" channel.

Team 1, Team 2 then

On another note, we have a lot of applicants to NA East and if we accept all pending invites we'd actually hit the limit. So from now on if you want into NA East please PM me.

LordCanti

Server is now officially up. Search for Neogaf Community Server in Battlelog (or just Neogaf works) and it should show up.

I have no idea how long it will stay up this time, but it's up right now.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Origin name is mulletalchemist. I got accepted into the GAF NA East platoon, and tend to play in NY and NJ servers, so if anyone's broing it out in those servers, send me a friend request.

I also created a Touhou platoon. Mostly because I could. It is strongest platoon. If that interests anyone (preferably US east coast) dive on it.

From BF3CC's twitter: HYPE HYPE HYPE

Lui94.png

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I don't know if the beta platoons carry over but you can add me in the OP to the NA EAST cirew. LiquidMetal14 | LiquidMetal14.

Ok just applied to NA EAST. Hope you accept me soon as my DL will be finished within 8 hours.

Virzeth

Just applied again for the EU platoon, and there I saw many of you EuroGAFers playing... so, am I the only dumbass too scared to try a VPN for early access?

Edit - Eff it, I'm in.

Flowhawk said:
If you have this already or jumped into do this without knowing what the risk are or what they could be. Don't worry about the ban hammer, It's has been publicly announced that EA won't ban for this, for there is no legit reason to do so. This VPN program can be an alternative proxy and privacy protection, so EA can't argue to apply the ban hammer.
Source: http://www.enterbf3.com/topic/5050-ebf3-warning-about-the-early-access-vpn-trick/

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
Any Euro GAF servers in the work? I would be proud to do my donation.

Sorry, haven't heard of any. If anyone wants to organize one, feel free to, but consider just sticking to our server that we already rent.

Have you tried the GAF server out yet? We got it on the East Coast and when we tried some Multiplay servers during the Beta, Euro-GAF said they performed well.

posted this in the wrong BF3 thread earlier:

Having a problem that maybe GAF can help me with (because the BF3 forums are diabolically bad):

So right now I'm on a laptop running an AMD 6750 (1GB). Problem I'm having is that I'd like to set the game resolution to 1680x1050 for better performance, but my laptop display is 1920x1200. When I do this in the game options like I would for any other game ever made, the game switches the resolution...but presents the game inside of black bars rather than properly scaling 1680x1050 to the full size of the screen.

I've tried:

1.) Setting the default resolution for Windows to 1680x1050 -AND- the in-game resolution to 1680x1050.

2.) Changing only the Windows resolution or only the game resolution to the desired resolution.

3.) Installing the most current drivers (11.9)

4.) Installing the most recent preview drivers (11.10 preview 3)

5.) Clean installing drivers (uninstall + DriverSweeper)

I can't think of anything else to try. Of course in 99% of games, you simply change the resolution in-game and the game scales accordingly. Black bars never happen. I've certainly never seen them until BF3. Otherwise, the game is quite stable. Few freezes/crashes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

LordCanti

The server is really rolling guys. If anyone is wondering, VIP lists (reserved slots) aren't set up right now, because...well...Clanforge is a mess, as previously stated. The second BF3CC is released, the VIP list will be added (they've been teasing a beta version all day. Should come out soon.)

If the server goes down, PM me (which will e-mail me, which makes my phone tell me I've got mail, etc) or talk to Snrub, and we can reset the server. Hopefully it won't go down though. It seemed really stable as we were playing.

I'll work on getting the rules all listed on the site, so we actually have a list of rules we can link people to. I've got to leave now, so it won't be up until tonight probably.

@Dreams - No idea. Sorry.

ASilva

Neo Member
Just applied for the NeoGAF Europe platoon.

My Origin ID is SirSkorp, feel free to add me.
Game is bought and preloaded, now i just need to wait untill the 28th :/

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Good games on the GAF Community Server just now. Kept changing maps sporadically though.

I should be able to log back on later. It ran super smooth for me, only 1 or 2 bouts of rubberband lag.

Tenck

Out of all the options we have at our disposal for donations, people still want to exclusively use paypal :/

I guess I'll just leech of your guys's money and play on the server for free!

RbBrdMan said:
Good games on the GAF Community Server just now. Kept changing maps sporadically though.

I should be able to log back on later. It ran super smooth for me, only 1 or 2 bouts of rubberband lag.
we were skipping younds because teh default rotation is to play a map twice in a row.

Reason the game kicked everyone out is because were were going to kick some racist guy and when you hit the Kick/Ban Button under the default admin controls, it kicks everyone out for some reason.

lsslave said:
I am on! Origin ID or what do you guys need from me??
check the OP
post your origin ID and if you joined a region platoon on battle-log then say which one here + mention your Battle-log name to verify.

Top Bottom