• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cuban Legend said:
we were skipping younds because teh default rotation is to play a map twice in a row.

Reason the game kicked everyone out is because were were going to kick some racist guy and when you hit the Kick/Ban Button under the default admin controls, it kicks everyone out for some reason.

Is it not possible to manipulate the default setting to have a new map after each round?
Sorry for the dumb question but I've never admin'd a game server before so I really don't know.

Kyaw

RbBrdMan said:
Is it not possible to manipulate the default setting to have a new map after each round?
Sorry for the dumb question but I've never admin'd a game server before so I really don't know.

It should be possible, LordCanti needs to respond!

RbBrdMan said:
we can't with the tools we've been given at the moment. we've waiting on more advanced server administration tools which would be here before the end of the week.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Cuban Legend said:
we can't with the tools we've been given at the moment. we've waiting on more advanced server administration tools which would be here before the end of the week.

Ah, OK.

scogoth

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah two rounds on the same map sucks. I hated it in BC2 and it sucks in BF3 as well.

One round is long enough that when it's over I want a new map.

You can't change it, yet.

Menelaus

Banned
We might want to consider taking Tehran Highway out of rotation until they fix the lagging issues with it. It's terrible, even on xbox.

I'm hoping on working with Canti a bit later tonight to see if we can't do some basic server config, but hopefully the BF3CC beta will be out soon.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
we were skipping younds because teh default rotation is to play a map twice in a row.

Reason the game kicked everyone out is because were were going to kick some racist guy and when you hit the Kick/Ban Button under the default admin controls, it kicks everyone out for some reason.

....Let's not publicize the fact that we can't kick/ban anyone without the whole got'damn thing crashing.

Also, shit. That is all.

Mr. Snrub said:
I'm hoping on working with Canti a bit later tonight to see if we can't do some basic server config, but hopefully the BF3CC beta will be out soon.
you guys need to get on battlelog ive been trying to talk to you guys about the server

Meet me in battlelog in 30 minutes

@Canti, just letting everyone know that we didn't mean to kick them all out when we were trying to kick a person and/or whenever we tried to skip to the next round because maps happen to be playing twice in a row for some reason.

Also, check the server log, it will tell you something you need to read having to do with crashing more than twice in 1800 seconds. might need the server to be reset since it's not showing up.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
you guys need to get on battlelog ive been trying to talk to you guys about the server

Meet me in battlelog in 30 minutes

Why did no one PM me? I was very specific about PM'ing me, which sends an e-mail, which makes my phone vibrate, which makes me notice the server has been down for God knows how long. :p

All I had to do was hit a big button that says "reset". It's fine now, it's back up.

I don't know why it went down, but I know how to get it right back up.

Dammit people, I have a job! Lucky enough that I can check Battlelog throughout the day
lol.gif

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
Dammit people, I have a job! Lucky enough that I can check Battlelog throughout the day
lol.gif

Can you send them a ticket with our log, asking what is going on with our server?

Until then please refrain from kicking or banning anyone, or pretty much touching Clanforge. The problem seems to be related to using Clanforge, so we'll just have to make due until they can figure it out.

spk

Probably be a good idea to remove Tehran Highway and lower player count to 48 until performance issues are ironed out

LordCanti said:
....Let's not publicize the fact that we can't kick/ban anyone without the whole got'damn thing crashing.

Also, shit. That is all.
Community is GAF members only, no? Pretty sure public can't see it. Too lazy to log out to see, though :p

It sucks we're having these issues, however the server is really full and I'm having a blast. So glad we did this!

Spl1nter

Server/Lag issues are Tehran specific for all servers. We are going to remove it for the time being from the map rotation. Metro is also being removed since it is horrible.

Current server rotation plan with rounds played in no specific order:

2x Caspian
2x Firestorm
2x Kharg
2x Canal
1x Bazaar
1x Siene
1x Peak

The rounds will not be back to back however for the 2x maps. Gives a heavier focus to the vehicle focused (classic bf) maps.

Top Bottom