• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

LordCanti

Alright guys, latest update:

Changing settings, kicking people, etc, seems to cause the server to crash. Please refrain from doing so while Multiplay looks into it. In the meantime, the server is up, and it shouldn't crash again unless someone logs into Clanforge and makes it crash.

In other words, the server is up, it's good to go, but we can't really admin it. FF isn't on, so there isn't much people can do in the way of trolling, but be sure to write down the battlelog names of anyone you'd otherwise need to ban (this message is for Admin's, obviously).

If the problem is related to using RCON (the remote administration protocols of BF3, which Clanforge uses) EA is going to have to fix it. If it's not, hopefully BF3CC (an admin tool) will enable us to manage the server better when it is released.

Spl1nter

razgriz417 said:
Ah cool thanks. Btw, someone mentioned opening ports, you wouldn't happen to know which ones would you?

Found on battlelog news section.

If you are playing on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 20000-29999, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

If you are playing on PS3, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-19999, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016

If you are playing on Xbox 360, please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 53, 88, 3074
UDP: 53, 88, 3074

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ [portforward.com] or contact your router manufacturer.

zulfate

yay i applied for the west platoon! i cant wait to finish downloading to play with my brothers!

question: am i allowed to add GAF as clan tag even though i havent played yet?

LordCanti

zulfate said:
yay i applied for the west platoon! i cant wait to finish downloading to play with my brothers!

question: am i allowed to add GAF as clan tag even though i havent played yet?

The GAF clan tag is more of an informal thing, because people have different GAF names, and Origin names. You can add it whenever you'd like.

1stStrike

Banned
If you guys need a replacement server for mumble, I've got a VPS that I'm literally doing nothing with. I could setup a mumble server on it no problem and it wouldn't cost anything.

I'm also still waiting for approval on NA East =\

Spl1nter said:
Server/Lag issues are Tehran specific for all servers. We are going to remove it for the time being from the map rotation. Metro is also being removed since it is horrible.
3346f60.gif

I wanted to play a little of Rush in BF3 so I searched a Rush server, and I enjoyed it a lot until the rotation come to Metro.. what piece of utter shit of map >_>

FStop7

Banned
Define "satisfaction."

Laying an AT mine at a choke point at the entrance of a capture point.

Then, 5 minutes later, while standing quite a distance away doing something else, hearing a deep, double "THUMP THUMP" noise, wondering what that sound was, and then realize it was your AT mine when the vehicle disable/destroy and double kill points start racking up.

zulfate

finally freaking installed...now first thing i do is go to gaf server and its telling me its not available....are the servers down? sorry but i just got on

dorkimoe

I have a 30 person vent server, that is barely getting used. Would you guys use it?

F it.

entensity.vent.nfoservers.com
port:15090
password: sealed

Use it!

Dreams-Visions said:
posted this in the wrong BF3 thread earlier:

Having a problem that maybe GAF can help me with (because the BF3 forums are diabolically bad):

So right now I'm on a laptop running an AMD 6750 (1GB). Problem I'm having is that I'd like to set the game resolution to 1680x1050 for better performance, but my laptop display is 1920x1200. When I do this in the game options like I would for any other game ever made, the game switches the resolution...but presents the game inside of black bars rather than properly scaling 1680x1050 to the full size of the screen.

I've tried:

1.) Setting the default resolution for Windows to 1680x1050 -AND- the in-game resolution to 1680x1050.

2.) Changing only the Windows resolution or only the game resolution to the desired resolution.

3.) Installing the most current drivers (11.9)

4.) Installing the most recent preview drivers (11.10 preview 3)

5.) Clean installing drivers (uninstall + DriverSweeper)

I can't think of anything else to try. Of course in 99% of games, you simply change the resolution in-game and the game scales accordingly. Black bars never happen. I've certainly never seen them until BF3. Otherwise, the game is quite stable. Few freezes/crashes.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
just a follow-up in case anyone can help. it looks like this on my screen:

bf3problems.jpg

any insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

it simply refuses to scale to the full size of the screen like all my other games do when I don't want them running at native resolution.

Top Bottom