• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Menelaus said:
lose the drop shadow, totally unnecessary on a plain background, makes it harder to read.

also, still not understanding the importance of imitating a clan/admin. do people really do that?
-kks, nice point on the drop shadow.
about the imitating thing, it's a carryover from bf2 when people would come in with fake clan -tags and act like mods/admins whenever someone complained about them or something. they were a like a troublemaking plague.

EDIT
draft 7 version 3:
bf3-gaf_rules_draftv7dkpv.png

draft v8

-removed warn/kick "rules #5 (SL mics) & #6(line system)
-moved GAF/believe, mumble logo to clear up GAF logo on left
bf3-gaf_rules_draftv8q8xs.png

-I have been advised to simplify the splash screen above with a "less is more" approach in comparison to the current "wall of text" approach. I'm open to that as long as GAF doesnt have a problem with the admins having to explain everything to everyone like its a school or something whenever a rules get broken due to not being clearly stated.

-And i know GAf dissaproves on automated scrolling messages with the a random rule going by every 15-30 seconds...

-in my mind it's either let them read up on our standards while they are sitting there doing nothing anyway while loading in, they really only need to read it once to get the gist of it... rather than have a less is more approach that might leave room for possible higher rate of rule miunderstandings for the admins to deal with due to lack of rule clarity/specifics.

idk if I'm even right in thinking this way or not... I'm going on 34 hours no sleep becasue of all this worrying about the server getting ready in time. you guys talk it out. I'm willing to rework the current draft to the best of my ability to suit GAF's collective BF3 needs.

A.Romero

Cuban Legend said:
draft v8

-removed warn/kick "rules #5 (SL mics) & #6(line system)
-moved GAF/believe, mumble logo to clear up GAF logo on left

-I have been advised to simplify the splash screen above with a "less is more" approach in comparison to the current "wall of text" approach. I'm open to that as long as GAF doesnt have a problem with the admins having to explain everything to everyone like its a school or something whenever a rules get broken due to not being clearly stated.

-And i know GAf dissaproves on automated scrolling messages with the a random rule going by every 15-30 seconds...

-in my mind it's either let them read up on our standards while they are sitting there doing nothing anyway while loading in, they really only need to read it once to get the gist of it... rather than have a less is more approach that might leave room for possible higher rate of rule miunderstandings for the admins to deal with due to lack of rule clarity/specifics.

idk if I'm even right in thinking this way or not... I'm going on 34 hours no sleep becasue of all this worrying about the server getting ready in time. you guys talk it out. I'm willing to rework the current draft to the best of my ability to suit GAF's collective BF3 needs.

Thanks for your effort, man.

I'd say it is OK as it is. If at some points someone has specific suggestions they can be added.

Sleep for a few hours!

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:
PM'd you my Multiplay info, Canti.

I've finished SP (well, got to last level and it glitched -_-) so I will be up for MP tomorrow evening.

I'll play MP tomorrow too. (from the morning, mwahahaha)

From Multiplay:

Battlefield 3 - Servers Not Showing up in battlelog
Oct 25 2011 00:30:51 by Killing
We're aware of an issue at EA's end which is causing some servers on certain machines not to show up in battlelog.battlefield.com.

The effected machines are: nyce301, wdce301, wdce302, wdce303, seae301, seae302, seae303, sjoe301, sjoe302, tore301, tore302, tore303, tore304

We have contacted EA about this and hope they will fix the issue shortly.

Well, at least they're aware of it! Bolded is our machine :-\

Spl1nter said:
Based off of Cuban's work, a more casual banner. If you like it than I will choose a better font and improve text size.

2qsxtaa.png
yeah i spoke to spl1nter about this server banner variant and I agree that if GAF want to choose this more relaxed version, I'm fine with it.

All we would need is for GAF to choose which one is to their liking to be the main server banner.

Then we need whoever runs the blog to make a form that can work for suggestions so i can link it to the bit.ly/GAFsomethingsuggestionssomething link Spl1nter featured in his banner.

DTKT said:
Can the server actually use a banner? I can't quite remember if there was something like that in the beta.
if it cant then meh. at least we can have a server message that scrolls once every 90 seconds that direct players to the blog and the banners can go there.

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
From Multiplay:

Well, at least they're aware of it! Bolded is our machine :-\

Our lack of luck is disturbing.

Edit: Thanks for all the games today guys.

Hopefully multiplay will fix their issues, and we'll have our own server by tomorrow. It's hard to complain, since the game wasn't supposed to be out till tomorrow, but it's still kind of a bummer.

Admins: Let me know if you have any trouble connecting to Clanforge.

taranatar

Are us players in Europe going to have our own server?

Be nice to be able to have our own Euro zone thread. Really looking into getting into the BF community spirit this time round.

If there isn't one is there much call for us to have our own Community thread or we just gonna sponge off of this one ^^ :)

Top Bottom