• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

1stStrike

Banned
FStop7 said:
Define "satisfaction."

Laying an AT mine at a choke point at the entrance of a capture point.

Then, 5 minutes later, while standing quite a distance away doing something else, hearing a deep, double "THUMP THUMP" noise, wondering what that sound was, and then realize it was your AT mine when the vehicle disable/destroy and double kill points start racking up.

I kind of had a moment like that earlier, except with the rocket launcher. I wasn't doing all that great in the beginning of the game, and was on the prowl trying to flank the enemy - and see a armored jeep in the middle of combat. They throw it in reverse and start backing up, and I shoot off a rocket launcher - 4 kills.

I was just like "Fuck yes".

And then I got the vehicle with the giant fucking gattling gun on it... lol. That thing is amazing. I went for a solid 10 minutes with it. Some guy ran out in front of me while I was stationary and I light up the road around him - he freaks out, jumps back and tries to run for cover - but it was too late - a hail of bullets reached him first
3AQmK.gif

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
I can't get into the server, it's always full.

I was in earlier. Once the reserved slots are put in place it'll be cool (if you've donated).

I'm not sweating it for now. I'll hop on tomorrow after I've finished SP :)

Oh and I added you as a friend in BL so we can duo.

barnone

GAF server is great. Hopefully the occasional hiccup gets fixed, not sure if that's on EA's part or the server provider.

Game is amazingly fun. Been playing a lot of assault, messed around with the noobtube for a while as well :D great for those alleyway spam fests on Bazaar.

Good times playing on the Gaf server lost quite a few games in a row at the end. How the hell do you guys fly so well? Also pitched in my first donation for the server

Spl1nter

barnone said:
GAF server is great. Hopefully the occasional hiccup gets fixed, not sure if that's on EA's part or the server provider.

Game is amazingly fun. Been playing a lot of assault, messed around with the noobtube for a while as well :D great for those alleyway spam fests on Bazaar.

Those spam fests are hilarious.

Another great set of games tonight. I had an eight game winning streak going with the team I played on.

I think I have played a bit too much the last 2 days. I am in the top 1000 on PC for score and kills. Kind of taking a break tomorrow since I have class for the entire day.

scogoth

dorkimoe said:
I have a 30 person vent server, that is barely getting used. Would you guys use it?

F it.

entensity.vent.nfoservers.com
port:15090
password: sealed

Use it!

Thanks but we have a 64 person mumble server that came with the game server. Once the admins have it setup they will be encouraging people to use that.

I feel like this has probably been posted, but this thread is so big and I'm too lazy to go back and there's never anything wrong with posting something awesome twice!

RL3gp.png

LordCanti

Good games tonight guys. Before I knew it, it was the middle of the night lol.

Juancho9 said:
So what happened to my reserved slot hmmm??

This happened =/

LordCanti said:
Alright guys, latest update:

Changing settings, kicking people, etc, seems to cause the server to crash. Please refrain from doing so while Multiplay looks into it. In the meantime, the server is up, and it shouldn't crash again unless someone logs into Clanforge and makes it crash.

In other words, the server is up, it's good to go, but we can't really admin it. FF isn't on, so there isn't much people can do in the way of trolling, but be sure to write down the battlelog names of anyone you'd otherwise need to ban (this message is for Admin's, obviously).

If the problem is related to using RCON (the remote administration protocols of BF3, which Clanforge uses) EA is going to have to fix it. If it's not, hopefully BF3CC (an admin tool) will enable us to manage the server better when it is released.

Nothing has changed since this message.

(This applies to reserved slots insofar as making any admin changes could bring the server down currently)

@Cuban - I'm reading a few tweets saying Procon has been buggy for them as well. It's not just us having trouble with their server, apparently.

Good games tonight on the GAF server (bkaREV here). Sorry about the airplane runway kills on Caspian just now, was testing out my new unguided missiles. They work pretty damn well, I must say. lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Why won't ya'll let me join the eu gaf platoon? WHY?! Is it because I'm black? Huh, is it?

edit : oh we don't have an eu server :(? Guess it's time to donate.

and you are accepted. It would be nice if all people applying from now on will either give me a PM or post here so I know who is who, apparently the platoon limit is 100 and we got 58, can only imagine it rising quite a bit when it actually officially releases here.

fanboi said:
God damn, we need a EU server for this...

Yeah but it's so damn expensive, sadly wouldn't be able to donate much to it. Also it seems like the NA server is decent enough for me, at least I am not experiencing any lag.

fanboi

Banned
WoodenLung said:
and you are accepted. It would be nice if all people applying from now on will either give me a PM or post here so I know who is who, apparently the platoon limit is 100 and we got 58, can only imagine it rising quite a bit when it actually officially releases here.

Yeah but it's so damn expensive, sadly wouldn't be able to donate much to it. Also it seems like the NA server is decent enough for me, at least I am not experiencing any lag.

I will see what I can come up with.

Work for a company that offer hosting... see if I can get something...

so i joined the Empty GAF server at about 3:30am and just got off it's 5:10 AM.

NeoGAF After Dark commenced... This was the result of that 1:30 minute battle
ss-2011-10-26_04.56.511upj.png

that was the most intense BF3 game ive ever had fellas. Nice work.

Cuban Legend said:
so i joined the Empty GAF server at about 3:30am and just got off it's 5:10 AM.

I was there, I just forgot to use my tag (I just put it up in Battlelog) and when I joined I didn't switch teams so I wouldn't unbalance the match (and I suppose the server wouldn't allow me). Very good game, at the beginning a little boring with 3 vs 3, but when a few people joined (6 vs 6 I think?) the last minutes of the match were awesome.

EDIT About the EU server, for now when I play in the USA server I have 90-120 ms of ping, so is very playable and I think that I don't annoy my americans brothers with lag (because they kill me really fast lol). But out of curiosity, how much costs a BF3 server? I'm totally noob in this aspect..

WoodenLung said:

Application submitted! Name is the same as here.

Yaska

Dreams-Visions said:
just a follow-up in case anyone can help. it looks like this on my screen:

bf3problems.jpg

any insight would be greatly appreciated. :)

it simply refuses to scale to the full size of the screen like all my other games do when I don't want them running at native resolution.
Seems like the game itself doesn't scale. Do the desktop Catalyst allow you to override scaling? As you need to override scaling in drivers or in the game itself.

PS. I nominate Evilore for a permanent Honorary Reserved Slot.

That way, if he ever fancies entry into the server no matter what the population, he may get his fix of BF3 with good company.

Cardigan

Finally got my CD key and I'm now just waiting for the game to download. Who do I talk to about the reserved slots on the server? Folorium? I want to make sure I used the correct Origin name when I donated.

I'm going to chuck another $20 at this later since the ping was so good. :)

Edit: To the above guy, nope I'm not in charge of anything. My admin rights are just kick/ban/change map etc. Canti and Snrub are the big shots!

Edit 2: There ya go, another $20. I think that brings me up to $30 :)

Kyaw

Donated $5 for now. Will donate more later or next month. :)

Origin name is kyaw25 as i used my actual first name in the donation.

I've applied to the EuroGAF platoon as well. ID is PollosHermanos.

EDIT: Some questions about the server - hosted in America, presumably, but I hope my ping won't be too bad if I'm coming from the UK (via an Irish VPN, due to stupid fucking university restrictions).

How do we donate?

taranatar

I'm more then happy to set up a UK Multiplay server for the Europe guys.

Some donations would help though as its quite exspensive!

Anyone willing to chip in to have our own server?

Sanjay

Cuban Legend said:

Your no fun, why the censorship?

gatisimo

Spl1nter said:
Another great set of games tonight. I had an eight game winning streak going with the team I played on.

And I, unfortunately, was on the other end of that streak for a good 5 matches or so. Had a blast playing, and lurking on mumble.

Menelaus

Banned
You need to make sure that it's your EA Master ID.

Also, it takes half an hour to show up in Battlelog if you changed your name.

Deadly

We'll never surpass HoN-gaf though. God so many of them :lol Also anyone try the mouse fix thing on reddit? Does it work?

Nabs said:
bf3mumblenqd2.jpg

we can do better

I didn't even hear anyone talking using Mumble last night. I had it setup correctly.

I'm so horribly, but I love the game so much.

Actually I'm good at repair, vehicle strikes, and gunner positions. Driving anything besides a tank (and even then)...not so much. lol

ACE 1991

Manos: The Hans of Fate[B said:
]I didn't even hear anyone talking using Mumble last night. I had it setup correctly.
[/B]
I'm so horribly, but I love the game so much.

Actually I'm good at repair, vehicle strikes, and gunner positions. Driving anything besides a tank (and even then)...not so much. lol

Yeah, I thought this was weird. There seemed to be 10-15 people in chat, but no one saying a word for the 10 or so minutes I had mumble open.

Top Bottom