• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

dygiT said:
Applied for the GAF East Platoon and got denied. :/

I'm a good person.

EDIT: nvm It reached it's member capacity. :(

Don't worry I'm also in the same boat. Oh for those who care, "Vanguard_Ike" is my name on there.

Updated the blog with the list of donors. There were quite a few peeps who didn't give their NeoGAF names, so please PM me the e-mail address you used, if you don't see your name on the list.

abuC

I've been playing rush, Im not good enough to play conquest primarily right now. The movement hasn't been that bad, the aiming is just horrible, I hit everything but the person Im shooting at and just fire all over the place. It's comical if you could see it on my end, I get the drop on someone and shoot everything but them.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
I've been playing rush, Im not good enough to play conquest primarily right now. The movement hasn't been that bad, the aiming is just horrible, I hit everything but the person Im shooting at and just fire all over the place. It's comical if you could see it on my end, I get the drop on someone and shoot everything but them.

Hah, is this your first time playing BF on PC? If so, I'm in the same boat - it's taking quite a bit to get used to it.

abuC

1stStrike said:
Hah, is this your first time playing BF on PC? If so, I'm in the same boat - it's taking quite a bit to get used to it.

Yeah, first time playing on PC, I've gotten the drop on so many people who either run away, or just kill me. I'm getting slightly better, I had the dpi setting way too high on my mouse, toned it down and am doing a tiny bit better.

I look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-WUmu7NVY

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
1stStrike said:
Is there room in that boat for one more? This is my frist time playing a multiplayer FPS on PC and its taking some time to get used to. I'm getting better slowly but surely. I'll check out the dpi settings too.

1stStrike

Banned
abuC said:
Yeah, first time playing on PC, I've gotten the drop on so many people who either run away, or just kill me. I'm getting slightly better, I had the dpi setting way too high on my mouse, toned it down and am doing a tiny bit better.

I look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5-WUmu7NVY

HAHA. We should do some coop or something. Maybe if we combine our horribleness we'll both get better? :p

RbBrdMan said:
Is there room in that boat for one more? This is my frist time playing a multiplayer FPS on PC and its taking some time to get used to. I'm getting better slowly but surely. I'll check out the dpi settings too.

The boat of suckage is a big boat - there's plenty of room :p

Surprisingly enough, ping is pretty good from Europe.

I thought Gran Bazaar could be pretty bad on COnquest, but I thought it was pretty fun (at least in my first match)

I applied on the Europe platoon:

My Battlelog Soldier is RelaxedMuscle.

Home

All the city maps are pretty bad for conquest IMO. They could've made them a little bit larger. Even at their current size, why not a helicopter. Bah

zlatko

Banned
How long are we running tonight? I wanted to play yesterday, but it was empty. (NA server) I won't be on BF3 for probably another 4-5 hours, and was just hoping there would be people on tonight around that time. :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ugh. I had some really terrible matches tonight on the GAF server sorry to my team :( . I didn't even break 1000 points the 4 matches I played and my team lost all of them.

It seems I do pretty good or really fucking awful and dying every 2 minutes. Eh, We'll see what happens tomorrow.

zlatko

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
Ugh. I had some really terrible matches tonight on the GAF server sorry to my team :( . I didn't even break 1000 points the 4 matches I played and my team lost all of them.

It seems I do pretty good or really fucking awful and dying every 2 minutes. Eh, We'll see what happens tomorrow.

I know that feel bro.

woober

Home said:
All the city maps are pretty bad for conquest IMO. They could've made them a little bit larger. Even at their current size, why not a helicopter. Bah

Needs more Mashtuur City:

07p_mashtuur_city.jpg

and Sharqi Peninsula:

09p_sharqi_peninsula.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.... Back 2 Karkand can't come fast enough.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Good matches tonight.

True to form, there was more than 1 game in which I'd have 1/4 the kills of everyone else but be near the top in points. Just lemme capture that flag... I don't wanna kill you too :)

commish said:
Good matches tonight.

True to form, there was more than 1 game in which I'd have 1/4 the kills of everyone else but be near the top in points. Just lemme capture that flag... I don't wanna kill you too :)

I was in there with ya!

The GAf server is by far my fave server of all. I always seem to do good on it

Spl1nter

The server rotation is not working properly on the server right now. The multiplay admin tools are not applying the proper rotation for the server. Lots of repeats of Caspian and Siene. We will try to deal with the issue tomorrow since the server is full right now and dont want to reset it.

zulfate

Spl1nter said:
The server rotation is not working properly on the server right now. The multiplay admin tools are not applying the proper rotation for the server. Lots of repeats of Caspian and Siene. We will try to deal with the issue tomorrow since the server is full right now and dont want to reset it.

no wonder! its always caspian and siene

how come there isnt in-game voice chat?

LordCanti

Spl1nter said:

I logged out of Clanforge, and the server crashed. Now the map rotation seems fixed. I'm nearing the end of my rope with Clanforge =/

zulfate said:
no wonder! its always caspian and siene

how come there isnt in-game voice chat?

DICE/EA's decision. Check the OP for a link to our Mumble server.

A lot of gaffers have been kicking my arse tonight! Good experience I say. Would anyone like to try co-op with me sometime? I got into a mess of it with my brother on normal and we both sucked at it. =(

Warrior_Keoni | Origin: Vanguard_Ike (with GAF tag)

Spl1nter said:

I noticed this...it doesnt even let us play the map as both sides.

1up

Applying again...
NeoGAF NA East Alpha - 1upgamer

Can someone accept my application this time?

Got this earlier

"scogoth denied your request to join NeoGAF NA East Alpha."

scogoth

1up said:
Applying again...
NeoGAF NA East Alpha - 1upgamer

Can someone accept my application this time?

Got this earlier

"scogoth denied your request to join NeoGAF NA East Alpha."

Its full, please apply to NeoGAF NA East Bravo.

1up

Annnnd proceeded to get kicked twice by "administrator"

Sorry GAF server but I'm done.

Let me know when you dont have some a-hole kicking people for no reason.

Paches

1up said:
Annnnd proceeded to get kicked twice by "administrator"

Sorry GAF server but I'm done.

Let me know when you dont have some a-hole kicking people for no reason.

Same thing happening to me, moving on to another server for now.

zlatko

Banned
I got booted too. So it isn't anyone actually kicking people. Someone in the OT says we need to update punkbuster, but I haven't a real clue on how to go about it. I got their site and it's like 20 things you can download. :/

LordCanti

fin said:
It's a glitch. I've been kicked twice in the last 5 mintues, and I'm an admin.

I also got kicked =/

It's either a glitch, or someone with admin credentials is being an asshole. Hopefully Multiplay can give us the logs so we can determine which is going on.

@Snrub - Will you submit a ticket, asking for detailed logs for around 12:00/12:30am?

Paches

LordCanti said:
Ugh, don't tell me Punkbuster is why everyone got kicked. The least the damn thing could do is say "You've been kicked by punkbuster" if that's the case.

I updated and still getting Kicked by Admin from other servers. Could be legit or not, hard to tell but this probably isn't the fix either way.

LordCanti

Paches-EJ- said:
I updated and still getting Kicked by Admin from other servers. Could be legit or not, hard to tell but this probably isn't the fix either way.

At least it isn't our server. The launch has kind of been a disaster, from a server admin point of view.

I'm going to attempt a server reset. If I still get kicked, I'm going to bring the server down until there is a fix.

Edit: Got kicked like clockwork, after about a minute. The server is down until this is resolved.

Update: This seems to be a known problem. A google search for "Battlefield 3 Kicked by Administrator" brings up a ton of hits, and they all seem to point to Punkbuster.

Top Bottom