• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

taranatar

subversus said:
is there a euro-GAF server?

edit: found it.

can I donate to switch it to 64?

I made it 32 because I didn't know how big the demand will be. But there's a donate button in the new Euro thread. I'll happily upgrade if people are happy donate and use the server.

Deffo need to sort out some admins over the weekend.

LordCanti

From the EA forums:

"I think you are suffering "packet flow" issues.
Do not run any pb updates, service tests, updates, installs etc.
They will bork your setup and give you packet flow problems.
My take on it is that there is no BF3 game listed if you do a pbsetup manually.
So when you run the game there is no BF3 game instructions so pb gets no info.
So you can only use the BF3 install pb setup.
And this occurs at the install of the game.
I had to regedit out anything to do with Origin, BF3 and punkbuster.
Then download origin and BF3 again.

Probably a shorter method than that but after 2 days of frustration I gave up trying to solve it by gentle methods.
Thats about the only info I can put your way.
it has worked for me this morning and I hope it helps you out. "

FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK. That wasn't an EA employee or anything, but if they don't come up with a better solution than us redownloading 10gb of data, I'm going to rage.

Paches

LordCanti said:
From the EA forums:

"I think you are suffering "packet flow" issues.
Do not run any pb updates, service tests, updates, installs etc.
They will bork your setup and give you packet flow problems.
My take on it is that there is no BF3 game listed if you do a pbsetup manually.
So when you run the game there is no BF3 game instructions so pb gets no info.
So you can only use the BF3 install pb setup.
And this occurs at the install of the game.
I had to regedit out anything to do with Origin, BF3 and punkbuster.
Then download origin and BF3 again.

Probably a shorter method than that but after 2 days of frustration I gave up trying to solve it by gentle methods.
Thats about the only info I can put your way.
it has worked for me this morning and I hope it helps you out. "

FFFFFUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK. That wasn't an EA employee or anything, but if they don't come up with a better solution than us redownloading 10gb of data, I'm going to rage.

Someone else can try this, F that.

No no, that can't be right. This is addressed in the upcoming patch:

Multiplay said:
Battlefield 3 - Server Update
Oct 27 2011 01:41:55 by Killing
DICE have just released a server update which addresses:

Crashes
Player slot issues with map rotation
PB issues
Invalid Player kick problems
We will be testing this update and will roll it out if we're happy it doesn't cause any significant issues.
In the mean time we've rolled out a PB update to all servers which should reduce player kicks for missing files. In order to pickup this change, first stop your server and then start it (don't use the restart option as this may not install this update correctly).

LordCanti

Mr. Snrub said:
No no, that can't be right. This is addressed in the upcoming patch:

If I had a table in here to flip over, I'd flip it over so good.

Edit: Tried my first non-GAF server. Kicked within a minute. Nice EA/DICE/etc.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I shot a guy in the buttocks, then was immediately kicked. This is me

5tilR.jpg

at my keyboard. Goddamn, it's hard enough trying to find MP time when you've got other responsibilities.

Anyways, I applied to the GAF West platoon. Somebody let me in or hoora or whatever it is you do, please.

LordCanti

I restarted my computer, and was able to play a few rounds on other servers without getting kicked. I'm going to briefly bring our server back up to see if it will still kick me. Please don't join unless you're prepared to be kicked by the bug.

Edit: Our server still kicks me.

Gintamen

Got kicked by admin for killing 2+vehicle, loser.-.-

Nice tag for the Battlelog in the browser: undefined XD If they update something on the Bl/BF3 page, naturally nobody should be able to play it right now.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
IS battlelog down for anyone else?

30 minutes of scheduled maintenance. I've already been up for an hour more than I wanted, what's an additional 30 minutes while I wait to see if they fix the issue with Punkbuster?

Edit: Cot'Damn that was a quick 30 minutes. It's like valve time in reverse.

Arment

Seems to me they need to raise the cap on Platoons. The current cap is way too low.

Applied at Bravo. HatetheNight is in-game name.

bishoptl said:
I shot a guy in the buttocks, then was immediately kicked. This is me

5tilR.jpg

at my keyboard. Goddamn, it's hard enough trying to find MP time when you've got other responsibilities.

Anyways, I applied to the GAF West platoon. Somebody let me in or hoora or whatever it is you do, please.
To everyone that has been getting kicked from our serer (or any other) aftter 1 minute or 2:

I just updated my client-side Punkbuster and it worked for me. I did not get kicked for any reason and could stay in the server as long as i desired.

-Go here to update your PB Manually, takes about 3 minutes
-Follow instruction on the page and you should be golden.
-DO NOT use your old version of pbSetup, as it will not have BF3 added as a Game, go get the new version from the link above.
-Also make sure your BF3 Alpha/Beta files are all deleted (My Documents, and in the EA Games Folder)

ss-2011-10-27_03.37.11qj8o.png

LordCanti

Currently testing Cuban's method. Please don't join the server.

Update: It worked. After manually updating punkbuster, I no longer get kicked by our server

We have a few options.

1. Keep the server down, until the community at large becomes aware that they need to manually update Punkbuster.

2. Keep the server up, have to deal with people getting kicked (and thinking an Admin did it, when it was Punkbuster).

What say you? It's way past time I should be asleep, so I need an answer fairly quick.

-leave it on and set up a spam chat message every 1 minute to tell others to update

-then after you wake up, remove it and hopefully everyone should be updated by now

-or I can tell them as they come in

Animator

Played with a couple of you on the "pcgaming" server earlier (I am keyframe007) , awesome games gaffers.

Going to return the server back to 64 players tomorrow and hope the rubberbanding is fixed. If not I will run it 48p again for a bit more.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
-leave it on and set up a spam chat message every 1 minute to tell others to update

-then after you wake up, remove it and hopefully everyone should be updated by now

-or I can tell them as they come in

I can't see any way to make a message pop up for everyone. Is it possible to make a banner that says "UPDATE PUNKBUSTER"?

LordCanti said:
I can't see any way to make a message pop up for everyone. Is it possible to make a banner that says "UPDATE PUNKBUSTER"?
um, a banner? have o you confirmed that banners are working? i can make a quick one yes

the PBSetup tool manually updates punkbuster, but the game should update itself.

PS the tool it only used when new updates like these have only been out for a little time that the game has not yet registered the update yet to automatically update.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
um, a banner? have o you confirmed that banners are working? i can make a quick one yes

the PBSetup tool manually updates punkbuster, but the game should update itself.

PS the tool it only used when new updates like these have only been out for a little time that the game has not yet registered the update yet to automatically update.

PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (AUTO-UPDATE FAILURE) #141: *REDACTED* (slot #4) This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.279) - Error loading pbag [764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab(-) *IP ADDRESS REDACTED*]
PunkBuster Server: Kick Command Issued (This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.279) - Error loading pbag) for (slot#4) *IP REDACTED* 764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab *REDACTED*
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #4) *IP ADDRESS REDACTED* 764003deff06e79fb1f936626360c2ab(-) *REDACTED*

This is the Punkbuster log that occurs when someone is kicked.

Now we know the issue is 100% absolutely punkbuster, at the very least.

well then i guess our Multiplay Hosted BF3 server has had the Server-Side punkbuster updated before EA released the client-side punkbuster update that is needed for everyone.

LordCanti

Cuban Legend said:
well then i guess our Multiplay Hosted BF3 server has had the Server-Side punkbuster updated before EA released the client-side punkbuster update that is needed for everyone.

Oh man, who knows at this point.

bishoptl said:
oh pc gaming how I love thee

;_; I know how you feel.

Guys its simple, the server says it requires the client to have an updated punkbuster, which means that its EA's fault for not pushing the client-side punkbuster update out fast enough.

seeing as battlelog had a 30minute outtage, they were obviously trying to push out the client side before people could reconnect to server that would kick them.

-as noted by the multiplay's Server news, at 1:45 AM this morning they updated our server with the latest P|B Server-side update, so yeah since then it seems EA has not yet pushed the client-side equivalent out to everyone, that we have to update it manually.

-if you wait long enough the game will update itself but if you want to play now you'll have to do it manually (it's only a few mouse clicks anyway)

no problem bro, I just hope Evilore sees this so he doesnt think we kicked him when he came in while we were testing my updated punkbuster client :'(

LordCanti

I'm shutting the server down for the night. Banner's don't work, there is no option for a join message, and I'd rather the server be down than have people think we're all dicks that keep kicking them over and over.

LordCanti said:
I'm shutting the server down for the night. Banner's don't work, there is no option for a join message, and I'd rather the server be down than have people think we're all dicks that keep kicking them over and over.
alright. maybe i can finally play some campaign for once. lol still havent passed the first level.

Very generous for someone to start up a Euro server. I can't donate to it since I put money towards our first one + the ping is so good in that one I think it will stay my main server, but I'll probably hop over there in the day when US GAF is sleeping then jump back over when they're awake.

Options are always good!

Menelaus said:
Mumble IP is still wrong!!
fixed, finally:
gafbf3_1q53h.png

Any thoughts?

and here's the info regarding Server Banners, from EA/DICE themselves:
Banners don't work yet they will be enabled at a later date format is .png or .jpg and size is meant to be 512 x 128 but this may change

This is included in the server startup:

vars.bannerUrl "http://balbalbalbalbala"
vars.serverDescription "balbalbalbalblaba"
vars.serverMessage "Welcome"
Kyaw said:
Guys... i've updated PB manually and everything and the game still kicks me/disconnects me.

What gives?
if the server you join is not updated to the latest PB-server version then your latest PB-client version will be incompatible.

just wait a few hours for all the servers and client to get the update.

Kyaw said:
Guys... i've updated PB manually and everything and the game still kicks me/disconnects me.

What gives?

I think most of the servers don't have the fix yet.

Half the time I get kicked before the game even fully loads.

woober said:
Needs more Mashtuur City:

http://www.trsek.org/Rob/BF2/Photos/Maps/07p_mashtuur_city.jpg[IMG]

and Sharqi Peninsula:

[IMG]http://www.trsek.org/Rob/BF2/Photos/Maps/09p_sharqi_peninsula.jpg[IMG]

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU.... Back 2 Karkand can't come fast enough.[/QUOTE]
may got have mercy on our pants

Gintamen

Seems like the server kicks all players at times.

bit.ly/GAFBF3mumble leads to a 404. And it looks odd with the orange 1., 2., 3. being bigger than the rest, would look better if the letters were centered/ a bit lower.

Top Bottom