• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Gintamen said:
Seems like the server kicks all players at times.

bit.ly/GAFBF3mumble leads to a 404. And it looks odd with the orange 1., 2., 3. being bigger than the rest, would look better if the letters were centered/ a bit lower.
ah thanks for the feedback.

its supposed to be BF3GAF mumble not GAFBF3mumble, fixed:
gafbf3_1-13u8x.png

-centered text using non-gaf logo area center as center-point
-cleaned up redundant text
-resized numbering (unbolding worked)

Deadly

bloodforge said:
I think most of the servers don't have the fix yet.

Half the time I get kicked before the game even fully loads.
Must be something like this because I decided to update and now I get kicked left and right while it worked fine yesterday.

Menelaus

Banned
Hilarious...had to play PC all night on Tuesday because the xbox servers kept going down...had to play xbox all last night because of this new bug.

All told, however, miles smoother than the BC2 launch.

And Cuban, I think single player may be worth it for the jet mission alone.

Pennybags

Menelaus said:
Hilarious...had to play PC all night on Tuesday because the xbox servers kept going down...had to play xbox all last night because of this new bug.

All told, however, miles smoother than the BC2 launch.

And Cuban, I think single player may be worth it for the jet mission alone.

The two
Villa assault
maps were so much better. The
Paris
one was pretty good too.

I just can't consider the jet mission an actual mission when it was just point/shoot/dump flares. Was very pretty though.

Co-op is a lot better than I'd thought it would be. I do think the behavior of enemies is quite a bit better (at least more varied) than in CoD games, so that helps it greatly.

Gintamen

Facism said:
I have the game! please add LiveFeed1982 to your friendslists :) I am EU based but play with Americans too :D
Are you sure you enabled others to see your account? Can't find you on neither Origin or Battlelog.

scogoth

The Stealth Fox said:
Is it me or a lot of the 64 player servers just downright laggy? I don't think I've found a smooth one so far.
Yeah they all seem laggy. Good news is its not just our server.

The Stealth Fox said:
Is it me or a lot of the 64 player servers just downright laggy? I don't think I've found a smooth one so far.

GAF server is generally pretty smooth. Tehran is laggy in general and Caspian can have spurts of lagginess at 64 players, but haven't had consistent problems with the others. Hope they can patch this stuff.

The Stealth Fox said:

On the larger maps I had to adjust my video settings. I found things much smoother after that. Some maps run fine for me on all high settings, while other, larger, maps require me to drop some options down to medium.

DoctorWho said:
On the larger maps I had to adjust my video settings. I found things much smoother after that. Some maps run fine for me on all high settings, while other, larger, maps require me to drop some options down to medium.
Yeah, same. Caspian dipped to the 20s at times with everything on Ultra so I bumped it down to a mix of high and medium.

scogoth

DoctorWho said:
I play Caspian at 120fps, it's not video settings. When everyone in mumble goes "whoaaaaaaa rubber banding" at the same time there's something wrong with the game or server files. Tehran is prime example of terrible network optimization.

scogoth said:
I play Caspian at 120fps, it's not video settings. When everyone in mumble goes "whoaaaaaaa rubber banding" at the same time there's something wrong with the game or server files. Tehran is prime example of terrible network optimization.

I was getting a lot of rubber banding on Monday which I attributed to lag on my end. The stuttering and choppiness when moving and turning on Caspian I assumed might have been my settings.

Not sure now. I'll wait for a patch and play around with things again.

Had my first really great game last night, most of it in a helicopter raining death with the minigun. Having a good helicopter pilot is the best.

Yea I can't seem to get punkbuster to work, only servers I can join are the ones that disable it :/

Tried Cuban's link but it didnt seem to work

Menelaus said:
last night, i tested moving the textures and shadows from high to ultra, and didn't get any frame rate drops...kinda shocking.

Oh shit dawg. Did they actually make a visual difference? The beta was similar.

Menelaus

Banned
Mr. Snrub said:
Oh shit dawg. Did they actually make a visual difference? The beta was similar.
Shadows indeed looked better. Textures already looked crazy good...hard to tell a difference personally.

Shadows on ultra are some of the best of any game, ever.

Menelaus said:
i thought you had a 580...aren't you maxing it out already?

Nah, 6850, 8gb RAM, Q9550 @ 1080p. Game is beautiful (all settings high, effects and textures on ultra, motion blur, SSAO, and usually around 40 fps) but I wish I could use some AA. Been considered a card for around $200-240 but not really sure what to get.

ACE 1991

How do I connect to the NeoGAF server via IP address? Whenever I search for neogaf, the only one that comes up is the EU server.

The Stealth Fox

I'm talking about actual LAG, not framedrops.

Mr. Snrub said:
Nah, 6850, 8gb RAM, Q9550 @ 1080p. Game is beautiful (all settings high, effects and textures on ultra, motion blur, SSAO, and usually around 40 fps) but I wish I could use some AA. Been considered a card for around $200-240 but not really sure what to get.

560 Ti. Ultra with 2x MSAA at 1680 x 1050 and almost never dips below 30. At 1080p you could probably get 30.

Ok..so this is weird....

servers browsing doesnt work, no servers show up. But I get servers to show up under history and Favs (minus the GAF NA server)...

FUUUUUUUUUUU

Spl1nter

Mechazawa said:
Holy shit, thank you.

Blows my fucking mind DICE didn't bother implementing this after they actively patched that into BC2.

They just dont have the function activated during launch. It is available however.

Top Bottom