• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

LordCanti

Spl1nter said:
You can put the GAF server back up. All multiplay servers have pb disabled.

Oh do they? Okay. They should just leave it off permanently, if it is going to cause problems like this.

Neogaf Community Server is back up.

Menelaus

Banned
LordCanti said:
Oh do they? Okay. They should just leave it off permanently, if it is going to cause problems like this.

Neogaf Community Server is back up.
What's the negative to playing without PB? Is it still ranked?

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
What's the negative to playing without PB? Is it still ranked?

It says it is in the Battlelog screen. The downside is that cheaters could potentially play, but there really isn't anything we can do to prevent that. Just kick/ban them if you see them.

achapel

Why are you guys using the Coderah one? Mine is much better. I actually fixed it for release, just have to update it on the site.

Menelaus

Banned
achapel said:
Why are you guys using the Coderah one? Mine is much better. I actually fixed it for release, just have to update it on the site.
Haven't seen anything posted about yours, and the Coderah one works fine.

/shrug

woober

I played a round on Damavand Peak on the GAF server finally. I really did wish they made it possible to walk over the tunnel. That would have made the map way more fun.

woober said:
I played a round on Damavand Peak on the GAF server finally. I really did wish they made it possible to walk over the tunnel. That would have made the map way more fun.

Yeah, every time I've played it ends up just being a clusterfuck in the tunnel, and whichever side manages to set up some good support gunner positions in the narrow hallways just rapes the other team.

1stStrike

Banned
Okay, servers that disable 3rd person view on aircraft/vehicles are retarded. You need 3rd person view to be able to do anything in a jet. If all "hardcore" servers are like this then I'll be avoiding "hardcore" (aka retarded) from here on out.

Here are the changes I'd personally like to make to the rotation, at least once we can get it working exactly the way we want:

Caspian Border x2
Damavand Peak x1
Grand Bazaar x1
Kharg Island x2
Noshahr Canals x1 (haven't played enough of this yet, honestly)
Operation Firestorm x1000
Operation Métro x0
Seine Crossing x1
Tehran Highway x1 (once it works--again, haven't played enough to decide how much I like it)

Of course, these figures may change once we can alter the ticket count to extend rounds. And naturally, these are only my preferences--GAF community server is a democracy, dammit.

Menelaus said:
I would weight Kharg, Firestorm, and Seine as my favorites for conquest right now. I'm just plain tired of Caspian.

Somewhere in Canada, Spl1nter's ears are burning.

I feel you on the Caspian burnout, but overall, it's a pretty great map. What do you think of Canals?

Reminder to everyone! Please remember to vote on the NeoGAF Community Server Settings poll! Not sure when this is closing at this point, but just want to be sure everyone provides input.

Menelaus

Banned
I haven't gotten to play Canals on PC yet! How many flags? I'm not a HUGE fan on Xbox, but it's VERY easy to spawn camp the ship from the dock with a tank.

Sorry to the 3 dudes who applied to the neogaf europe platoon but it's full.If anyone wants to make a second one go ahead. You can also become a fan of the platoon and we can still connect that way through.

NdrEQ.png

And we still lost!!!

Common team! Step up your game! :p

This game... is eating my life!

LordCanti

Anton Sugar said:
Here are the changes I'd personally like to make to the rotation, at least once we can get it working exactly the way we want:

Caspian Border x2
Damavand Peak x1
Grand Bazaar x1
Kharg Island x2
Noshahr Canals x1 (haven't played enough of this yet, honestly)
Operation Firestorm x1000
Operation Métro x0
Seine Crossing x1
Tehran Highway x1 (once it works--again, haven't played enough to decide how much I like it)

Of course, these figures may change once we can alter the ticket count to extend rounds. And naturally, these are only my preferences--GAF community server is a democracy, dammit.

The rotation is currently:

Kharg
Damavand Peak
Caspian
Canals
Op_Firestorm
Grand Bazaar
Caspian
Seine

With only seven playable maps, it's difficult to set up a rotation where it doesn't feel like you are playing the same map over and over. Everyone on mumble wanted me to double weight the big maps, but it really wasn't possible without feeling like you were playing them repeatedly. I tried to make it Big Map - Little Map - Big Map - Little Map, etc.

Tehran highway needs to be fixed as soon as possible. There needs to be more maps in general, actually, so the expansion can't come soon enough for me.

We need to get rules implemented ASAP, now that we know we can kick/ban without the entire server going down. If we're going to vote on map rotations, we should do that as well.

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
just got booted..fuck

was doing really good too

didnt save my stats...im pissed

From our server? PB isn't on, so you shouldn't get booted.

Kyaw

Menelaus said:
I haven't gotten to play Canals on PC yet! How many flags? I'm not a HUGE fan on Xbox, but it's VERY easy to spawn camp the ship from the dock with a tank.

5 flags.

It's actually a pretty decent map. Lots of flanking options and vehicles.

A.Romero

I've been checking some of the Gaffers' Battlelog profiles and wow. I feel I will never catch up!

I think I've played less than 3 hours so far while some of you have an arsenal unlocked already!

Oh well, I guess I got a lot to do this weekend...

Getting a lot of server side lag right now.

And yeah, I think the best maps are definitely Firestorm, Caspian, and Kharg. Have only played Davamand and Tehran once though, and have yet to see Canals.

LordCanti

At least it auto-restarts after a crash now. I don't think it did that on the first couple of days. Honestly, this launch could have gone much smoother for EA/DICE, but at least the servers have been almost consistently up, unlike past launches.

Mit-

Holy shit? You can enable squad-leader spawning-only? That's awesome...

Too bad you can't give your squad orders and talk to them via voice, regardless of whether or not you're friends.

I feel jaded in this poll, though. I feel like the settings should be whatever the game was meant for when playing ranked... Which I think means FF-on, all-squad-member spawning, and killcam on.

I'd prefer FF-on, squad-leader-only spawning, and killcam off though...

Top Bottom