• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Cheeto

Anyone have a problem where you can't raise your sights? When I hold right mouse button it just randomly stutters between hip and raised and sometimes stays up or down for a couple seconds.

RS4-

razgriz417 said:
does it only go through the animation if you're directly behind someone? Couldnt get it to work earlier
Yeah for the most part it'll work unless there's lag between you two.

Oh and you can get it from the side too, I think. Or maybe they're all backstabs and they just animate differently.

Smokey

All I know is dem sniper skills are picking up. Popped to poor victims from here on Firestorm from across the map. Dat bullet drop. One was a headshot too.

Feelingoodman

razgriz417 said:
does it only go through the animation if you're directly behind someone? Couldnt get it to work earlier

No. I've gotten kills with special animation from the back, sides and front. All different animations.

Aptos

Damn it! I donated but forgot to add the note to match with my NeoGAF username... Can I PM someone with the confirmation code or something? Or am I SOL?

Spl1nter

Aptos said:
Damn it! I donated but forgot to add the note to match with my NeoGAF username... Can I PM someone with the confirmation code or something? Or am I SOL?

pm Snrub with the email address you used and username.

Aptos

Aptos said:
Hmmm, can't find anyone with the name of Snrub or something simliar... what is the NeoGAF username again?

Does anyone know who I should PM about confirming my server donation?

Helmholtz

Where do I enter the gaf server IP? I must be blind but I really can't find it anywhere.
Edit: nevermind when I search neogaf it comes up now

This game could really use an auto-join function similar to what TF2 and CS have.

LordCanti

Sanjay said:
Now Anton Sugar, basically the person who made this thread.

I...I miss the old name ;_; I never quite knew what a Snrub was though.

Edit: Of course it's a Simpsons reference. I've forgotten more Simpsons references...I swear to you...

I kind of want to change my Battlelog name to Mr.Plow.

scogoth

Couple of suggestions for jets when we start modifying the server settings:

1. Increase Jet Spawn Time to 150% or 200% - Encourages jet pilots to preserve their jets and rewards players who can land and repair. Prevents jet pilots of waiting at spawn until the jet pops up 5 sec after they die. Also gives an advantage to pilots who take down enemy aircraft by allowing them to attack ground units and help the god damn team instead of dicking around in dog fights.

2. 1st person view only - makes jet flying much more skilled and gives the advantage to the team that has ground units spotting enemy aircraft. Also makes the air radar a practical upgrade and allows jet pilots to attack ground units and help the god damn team instead of being spotted 600 miles away from 3rd person view and dicking around in dog fights.

scogoth

iSurvivedTheOutage said:
LOL jets are already so obsolete it isnt even funny. U guys may as well just take them out of the servers! (if u can)

Not true at all, if you have clear skies and can actually fly, jets are quite useful at taking out armoured vehicles. The problem is the jets spawn so damn quick and are such a threat to other jets the pilots just end up in a dog fight all match.

LordCanti

Apparently BF3CC should be released tomorrow, according to their twitter page. The wait is almost over for tools that actually don't suck.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Yo, anyone on the north east quarter of the Americas still up? I really really really want to finish this goddamned chopper co-op mission. It's been hell trying to play with randoms.

Mit-

Question: Does being in a platoon ACTUALLY do anything for you? :(

It doesn't look like I can start parties with fellow platoon members. Still have to be friends...

Menelaus

Banned
Mit- said:
Question: Does being in a platoon ACTUALLY do anything for you? :(

It doesn't look like I can start parties with fellow platoon members. Still have to be friends...
You can fight for top dog stats in several categories.

edit: Anton, did you ever test upping textures and shadows?

LordCanti said:
I...I miss the old name ;_; I never quite knew what a Snrub was though.

Edit: Of course it's a Simpsons reference. I've forgotten more Simpsons references...I swear to you...

I kind of want to change my Battlelog name to Mr.Plow.

Ahahahaha, sorry brah. Figured this would be easier since all my online personas are Anton Sugar.

Menelaus said:
You can fight for top dog stats in several categories.

edit: Anton, did you ever test upping textures and shadows?

Yup! Zero performance drop, just like you said. Also disabled motion blur for 2x MSAA <3

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
What the hell - why does the quick squad chat menu (pre-selected responses) keep coming up? Is there a way to turn it off? I can't see it in the key bindings.

bishoptl said:
What the hell - why does the quick squad chat menu (pre-selected responses) keep coming up? Is there a way to turn it off? I can't see it in the key bindings.

Commo rose? Holding down Q brings it up.

mr stroke

Smokey said:
All I know is dem sniper skills are picking up. Popped to poor victims from here on Firestorm from across the map. Dat bullet drop. One was a headshot too.

Feelingoodman

you SOB

I must have been sniped by you over 10 times :(

Spl1nter

Searched around for information on increasing ticket count for the maps. Finally found this tweet on Mikeal Kalms Twitter:

@Kalmalyzer is there a way to change the ticket count?
@Scinto007 not currently, but it is clearly something that a lot of people want.

Based on his post history in the uk forums he seems to manage or be part of the programming team for the server software. Pretty disappointed about this, as I feel the quick rounds are really breaking up the flow of the game.

Example of round length from tonight on the NeoGAF Community Server
Firestorm: 11 min
Canals: 13 min
Firestorm 12 min
Caspian 11min

The 11-13 min mark is the average for a round. I think I can speak for most people that I would like rounds to last into the 25-30 min mark (on the larger vehicle based maps). The short rounds for one, simply dont feel like battlefield; and two, break up gameplay. For every 15 minutes of playing, I am spending only ~12 in game and the other ~3 loading. Hopefully this is something that will be addressed soon in the server updates.

fanboi

Banned
Great games last night (EU >> NA).

Metalmurphy said:
No. I've gotten kills with special animation from the back, sides and front. All different animations.

king-watch.gif

LordCanti

ToD_ said:
Being disconnected from the NeoGAF server. It's probably telling me to go to bed.

It crashes every now and then, but restarts itself. I think it's pretty much par for the course in terms of BF3 server performance right now.

Spl1nter said:
Searched around for information on increasing ticket count for the maps. Finally found this tweet on Mikeal Kalms Twitter:

@Kalmalyzer is there a way to change the ticket count?
@Scinto007 not currently, but it is clearly something that a lot of people want.

Based on his post history in the uk forums he seems to manage or be part of the programming team for the server software. Pretty disappointed about this, as I feel the quick rounds are really breaking up the flow of the game.

Example of round length from tonight on the NeoGAF Community Server
Firestorm: 11 min
Canals: 13 min
Firestorm 12 min
Caspian 11min

The 11-13 min mark is the average for a round. I think I can speak for most people that I would like rounds to last into the 25-30 min mark (on the larger vehicle based maps). The short rounds for one, simply dont feel like battlefield; and two, break up gameplay. For every 15 minutes of playing, I am spending only ~12 in game and the other ~3 loading. Hopefully this is something that will be addressed soon in the server updates.

This is why I didn't double up any of the maps. Half an hour after a round ended, you'd be right back on the same map, like people are experiencing with Caspian (the one map that did get doubled, thanks to Clanforge's listing numbers instead of map names, lol).

I agree though, they need to give us that ability. I hate to say this, but I think the main thing they really need is more maps as soon as they can possibly get them out. With Metro being awful for C64, and Tehran Highway being borked, there just aren't enough.

(I fully realize that a lot of multiplayer games end up revolving around one or two godtier maps ala DE_Dust in CS, but I want more variety
I want my Got'Damn Snow Map!
)

Had fun on the server...even though I'm terrible! Still have yet to actually get in a jet - I think I'm subconsciously avoiding the frustration I know is coming.

For anyone that cares, I'm LuvMusl in the game. Will prob be back for a bit tomorrow. Maybe actually get mumble setup and hop on to chat for a bit as well.

Top Bottom