• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth

Menelaus said:
Finally, my Gravatar is making some sense.

v6gkK.jpg

Gravatar doesn't work for me =(

But 50%! GOD DamN!

Smokey

Ice Raven said:
just applied for NA WEST. My Battlelog Soldier is viakado

im hunting your funny ass when you get home son. im gonna surprise and spoon you while you're on your stomach.

9kqo28.gif

It was so smooth. I didn't even know it was you. One pop to the head and you were done. When I saw the name i LOL'd

Smokey

scogoth said:

It's hard enough to get people to be 1 of each class in a squad and to follow what that class is suppsoed to do. Don't know how many damn times I yelled AMMO AMMO AMMOOOOOOOO

scogoth said:
They never do organize themselves. Sheep need a shepard.
Perhaps because they're just having fun?

I feel our server should be about fun. Yeah, we want teamwork etc, but I think trying to organise squads/classes is too far. As a player I would find it infuriating and as an admin I would have no desire to enforce it.

It goes against what I feel our server should be about. Once you get into strict stuff like that it becomes clan territory, IMO. If a squad is happy being 4 engineers we should just let them be.

scogoth

Smokey said:
It's hard enough to get people to be 1 of each class in a squad and to follow what that class is suppsoed to do. Don't know how many damn times I yelled AMMO AMMO AMMOOOOOOOO

Hence vision not reality =(

With chapel, ultron, pennybagsz, myself, Spl1nter, other regulars we did organize ourselves and choose classes as necessary. Its POSSIBLE just hard to do even with gaffers.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Perhaps because they're just having fun?

I feel our server should be about fun. Yeah, we want teamwork etc, but I think trying to organise squads/classes is too far. As a player I would find it infuriating and as an admin I would have no desire to enforce it.

It goes against what I feel our server should be about. Once you get into strict stuff like that it becomes clan territory, IMO. If a squad is happy being 4 engineers we should just let them be.

As I said, and say again, this is nothing to enforce. Its just my dream that this could happen. That people would want it to happen.

Play the game however you want, stop trying to ruin my dream!

JackEtc

I've barely played any of this game, and I was so hyped for it. I'll be on after work tonight, but lord knows how long I'll be there for.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
Hence vision not reality =(

With chapel, ultron, pennybagsz, myself, Spl1nter, other regulars we did organize ourselves and choose classes as necessary. Its POSSIBLE just hard to do even with gaffers.

It tell people what to do, we win. That is how it works. You can either be with us or against us.

Leading a squad is pretty difficult right now because of some UI issues and the minimap. The large version is still not big enough.

ultron87 said:
Scogoth, and by extension Canada, hates fun.

You telling me you didnt have fun last night :(

scogoth

Spl1nter said:
It tell people what to do, we win. That is how it works. You can either be with us or against us.

Leading a squad is pretty difficult right now because of some UI issues and the minimap. The large version is still not big enough.

You telling me you didnt have fun last night :(

It was amazing fun. We need to extand that to 2 squads to coordinate attacks and defends.

We sort of split into 2 fireteams but thats not enough manpower to attack or hold a point.

Spl1nter

scogoth said:
It was amazing fun. We need to extand that to 2 squads to coordinate attacks and defends.

We sort of split into 2 fireteams but thats not enough manpower to attack or hold a point.

If we had 6 person squads its easier to split the squad into 2 fireteams but with the 4 person squads we do need to coordinate with another squad.

ultron87 said:
It was quite fun. You guys just hated it deep inside.

:p

I felt bad for the other team since we won every single round.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
scogoth said:
You never played BC2 did you. There was no reason to go any other class.

That game (and, later to a lesser extent, Homefront) is what prompted my thread. BC2 was unbelievable when it came to the sniper/recon class. MY ENTIRE TEAM. asldjfasld;fasd

I still get angry about it.

scogoth said:

Well, for the record, I'd be more than happy to be a part of the GAF Superfuntime Organization Team, if we get enough participants. The more coordination in BF, the better.

But I completely understand if people aren't into that sorta thing--no need to force it on anyone.

jaaz

Anton Sugar said:
Well, for the record, I'd be more than happy to be a part of the GAF Superfuntime Organization Team, if we get enough participants. The more coordination in BF, the better.

But I completely understand if people aren't into that sorta thing--no need to force it on anyone.

WoW ruined it for generations to come.

mr stroke

scogoth said:
Abso-fucking-lutely

CHAPEL! Script that shit so people are moved to the appropriate squads automatically =)

You never played BC2 did you. There was no reason to go any other class.

lol

My vision for base team, can specialize as needed for maps (this is obviously for firestorm/caspian/kharg.......and metro)

Alpha
Medic (Commander)
Medic
Support
Engineer

Bravo
Medic (Leader)
Medic
Support
Engineer

Charlie
Medic (Leader)
Medic
Support
Engineer

Delta
Medic (Leader)
Support
Engineer - APC driver
Engineer - Stinger

Echo
Medic (Leader)
Support
Engineer - Transport heli pilot
Engineer - Stinger

Foxtrot
Recon (Leader)
Recon
Recon
Recon
OR
Medic (Leader)
Medic
Support
Engineer

Golf
Engineer - Tank Driver (Leader)
Engineer - Tank Gunner
Engineer - Tank Driver
Engineer - Tank Gunner

Hotel
Engineer - Heli Pilot
Engineer - Heli gunner
Engineer - Jet Pilot (Leader)
Engineer - Jet Pilot

This would be Epic if someone could pull it off.

RS4-

Metalmurphy said:
Is it just me or is the Euro server lagging like mad?

Lol I was wondering why I couldn't stab half a dozen people in one match on Caspian. After 6 games or so I finally quit and realize I was in the GAF Euro server.

At this point, we have more than enough money (we're near $800 o_O) to purchase a server for a year. Tonight I am going to take donations down. While donating guarantees a reserved slot, we are considering other ways of getting reserved slots to people, as I know some of you don't have the means to donate right now but wanted to. However, we really can't make any promises. If you'd like to donate, please do so before midnight tonight (CST, roughly).

We have also tossed around the idea of a second server, but that's really more than we have time to manage at this point. Maybe once the servers get a bit more stable and the tools a bit more robust, we can look at getting donations for a second server (32 player Rush server?), but for now, we're sticking to our single server.

Top Bottom