• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Server full?!??

Buu... Buu... I donated.

Eh, I'll just use the auto join script for now..

Fix this shit Guerrilla ;)

Anton Sugar said:
We have also tossed around the idea of a second server, but that's really more than we have time to manage at this point. Maybe once the servers get a bit more stable and the tools a bit more robust, we can look at getting donations for a second server (32 player Rush server?), but for now, we're sticking to our single server.

I think a rush server would be really great. Playing Conquest is my bread and butter, but even I like good games of rush from time to time and on a GAF server we are guaranteed to have the teamwork needed to make it fun.

1stStrike

Banned
RbBrdMan said:
Server full?!??

Buu... Buu... I donated.

Eh, I'll just use the auto join script for now..

Fix this shit Guerrilla ;)

I think a rush server would be really great. Playing Conquest is my bread and butter, but even I like good games of rush from time to time and on a GAF server we are guaranteed to have the teamwork needed to make it fun.

+1. Conquest is OK, but I'm a rush junkie for the most part.

DietRob

What's up with all the crashing? I just got booted again. Is it an issue with the server provider?

LordCanti

RbBrdMan said:
What's up with all the crashing? I just got booted again. Is it an issue with the server provider?

It's hard to say without polling other server providers customers, but since the servers have been so buggy (the PB bug in particular) it wouldn't surprise me if it was simply wonky server code.

If the server doesn't get much more stable by the end of the first month, there is no reason why we'd have to stay with our current host.

LordCanti said:
It's hard to say without polling other server providers customers, but since the servers have been so buggy (the PB bug in particular) it wouldn't surprise me if it was simply wonky server code.

If the server doesn't get much more stable by the end of the first month, there is no reason why we'd have to stay with our current host.

I dont know who hosts the Reddit server, but it is really fast for me (20ms Ping) and I live in the Central States. I have never been booted from their servers. Its the one that says Reddit Unofficial server nomnomnom. They have all of the settings that we are proposing already in place (Hardcore, No 3rd person camera etc..)

Nabs

I was on a UK server all afternoon with a group of gaffers (I'm on the East Coast). It felt pretty good. No rubberbanding or crashing.

scogoth

Anton Sugar said:
At this point, we have more than enough money (we're near $800 o_O) to purchase a server for a year. Tonight I am going to take donations down. While donating guarantees a reserved slot, we are considering other ways of getting reserved slots to people, as I know some of you don't have the means to donate right now but wanted to. However, we really can't make any promises. If you'd like to donate, please do so before midnight tonight (CST, roughly).

We have also tossed around the idea of a second server, but that's really more than we have time to manage at this point. Maybe once the servers get a bit more stable and the tools a bit more robust, we can look at getting donations for a second server (32 player Rush server?), but for now, we're sticking to our single server.

I would support a second server for rush.

Home

Damn this server host seems to be pretty awful. GAF server crashes more than all the other ones I've favourited combined.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Welp, luckily we only have a one month contract, in case we change our minds. Sad thing is the server runs pretty well, when it runs.

send them a ticket telling them about the poor performance and crashes.

zulfate

ok i just donated i want my reserved slut...i mean slot.

wait i just noticed i didnt write a note or anything, how would you guys know its me?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Anyone wanna co-op? I've been playing with randoms and not being able to communicate is slowly driving me mad. My handle is mulletalchemist. Add me and then maybe I could party up and actually talk to someone for once.

los

doomed1 said:
Anyone wanna co-op? I've been playing with randoms and not being able to communicate is slowly driving me mad. My handle is mulletalchemist. Add me and then maybe I could party up and actually talk to someone for once.

I'd be down for some co-op sometime. I want to unlock the stuff that gets you. I'll add you, I'm los71 on origin/bf3.

These crashes are pretty annoying.

It's the first week, though, so I think talk of changing hosts is a bit premature. Definitely need to see what Multiplay say, though.

DietRob

Did the server crash or did my game crash?

After each map as it loads the next one just when it gets to the spawn screen shit goes blurry and I get a message that BF3 has stopped working.

I'll load again and it will put me in the game, but just now I crashed again. It's getting a little frustrating.

RbBrdMan said:
Did the server crash or did my game crash?

After each map as it loads the next one just when it gets to the spawn screen shit goes blurry and I get a message that BF3 has stopped working.

I'll load again and it will put me in the game, but just now I crashed again. It's getting a little frustrating.

I just now crashed too.

woober

I would support another server that is 32 player based and cycles between rush (for Metro and Damavand) and conquest (all other maps).

LordCanti

Thanks for all the games tonight guys (got a call I had to take suddenly, so I'm probably out for the night).

Anton is sending a ticket to multiplay asking about the crashes. If it's not a problem across all server hosts, and they can't fix it, I can't see us staying with them. We should give them the benefit of the doubt until they've responded to our tickets though.

zlatko

Banned
Played earlier today on the server and brought a few friends with me in my squad, and it was alright, but what's up with the shitty map pool? It was like 4 maps or 3. :(

What's the map with lots of apartment buildings and a boat wrecked in the water where a bridge is? That map is awesome, and maybe you guys could put it in the list of played ones?

Also, anyone else not a fan of that map where one team spawns on land while the other has to come from the water? In mid to late game if you can't spawn on squad mates and have to come from the water ship base, and it's not an air vehicle, then you get mowed down often trying to get up from the water. :(

LordCanti

zlatko said:
Played earlier today on the server and brought a few friends with me in my squad, and it was alright, but what's up with the shitty map pool? It was like 4 maps or 3. :(

What's the map with lots of apartment buildings and a boat wrecked in the water where a bridge is? That map is awesome, and maybe you guys could put it in the list of played ones?

Also, anyone else not a fan of that map where one team spawns on land while the other has to come from the water? In mid to late game if you can't spawn on squad mates and have to come from the water ship base, and it's not an air vehicle, then you get mowed down often trying to get up from the water. :(

We have no idea. The configuration file says it should be playing all of the maps. There is no logical explanation for why it's doing that. As soon as our host can provide an explanation, we'll let you know.

zlatko

Banned
LordCanti said:
We have no idea. The configuration file says it should be playing all of the maps. There is no logical explanation for why it's doing that. As soon as our host can provide an explanation, we'll let you know.

Ah, okay. I'm sort of relieved it's just a technical issue and not GAF quickly ruling out the maps that fast. :p It makes sense Metro is never played though. xD

zlatko

Banned
Hmmm. It crashed? I'm not playing right now, but I could have sworn the other day when it crashed for me it was around this same time. Anyone able to confirm that ?

Mr_eX

Anton Sugar said:
Sad thing is the server runs pretty well, when it runs.

Not really. The server only has 4 maps in rotation and has way more lag than any other server I've played on. I enjoy playing with you guys but you should probably look for a new host. I have a TF2, L4D2 and mumble server with gameservers.com and haven't had any problem with them, of course they're not a 64 player servers and they're probably not as resource heavy as BF3.

Mr_eX said:
Not really. The server only has 4 maps in rotation and has way more lag than any other server I've played on. I enjoy playing with you guys but you should probably look for a new host. I have a TF2, L4D2 and mumble server with gameservers.com and haven't had any problem with them, of course they're not a 64 player servers and they're probably not as resource heavy as BF3.
The only maps I've had rubberbanding are Caspian (which got laggy on a lot of servers during beta as well) and Tehran (which runs horrible for all).

Other than the obvious issues, I've felt good with it.

It has gotten worse since launch, though.

Maiger

Just finished the campaing. It was impressive at times but I did not have much fun. Honestly I was expecting more, although it got better towards the end.

Anyway with that over with, it's time to jump into the glorious multiplayer!
Sadly, the EuroGAF platoon is already full. Soldier name is Maigerr, so remember me when you have your crosshair over my head.

Top Bottom