• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

ph33nix said:
I'll take the blame for the server crashing. I invited Viakado and then it happened.

We are trying to fix the server rotation. Its going through the same 4 maps, when there are 7 maps in the rotation.

Spl1nter

Server rotation is now fixed. Should play through the following maps.

Kharg
Damavand
Caspian
Canals
Firestorm
Bazaar
Seine

Needed to restart the server in order for it to take affect.

edit: rotation did not take. going to have to restart again.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
ph33nix said:
fuuuuu

our squad was ballin that round :(

Yeah dude, we were killing it.

You taking on that chopper was hilarious. I actually shot the gunner out for a small amount of revenge.

commish said:
Yeah dude, we were killing it.

You taking on that chopper was hilarious. I actually shot the gunner out for a small amount of revenge.

Yeah I was going straight for the driver...complete fail lol

Hey guys, I think Spl1nter figured out what was wrong with our map rotation. It had Caspian listed twice and was messing up the normal rotation. Restarting now with the dup map removed.

Spl1nter

Okay everything with the map rotation is now fixed for sure. Sorry about that guys. Just didnt want everyone playing the same 4 maps over and over again.

Server is now back online and ready to go.

REMEMBER TO JOIN US ON MUMBLE.

ALL INFO YOU NEED IS IN THE OP.

64.34.202.140:6037

Smokey

Arment said:
Some tank nailed me while I was taking a base, is that what you mean?

No I sniped somebody with my sniper rifle while they were in a copter. Maybe it was you in the gunner set I dunno, but it felt good

Spl1nter said:
Okay everything with the map rotation is now fixed for sure. Sorry about that guys. Just didnt want everyone playing the same 4 maps over and over again.

Server is now back online and ready to go.

REMEMBER TO JOIN US ON MUMBLE.

ALL INFO YOU NEED IS IN THE OP.

64.34.202.140:6037

Is the mumble server down? I suddenly got kicked off and now it's just timing out..

LordCanti

Smokey said:
Alright bros..the powers that be...yall might need to look into another provider...

We've got tickets in with our provider. If they can't figure out the cause of the crashes and fix it, a new provider is probably the next step I'd think.

Anton Sugar said:
Hey guys, I think Spl1nter figured out what was wrong with our map rotation. It had Caspian listed twice and was messing up the normal rotation. Restarting now with the dup map removed.

If that was causing issues, something is seriously screwed with either Clanforge, or the server code. It's a feature that is supposed to be supported.

LordCanti said:
If that was causing issues, something is seriously screwed with either Clanforge, or the server code. It's a feature that is supposed to be supported.

I'll put in another ticket :-\

MULTIPLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

CUBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

Spl1nter

Gully State said:
Is the mumble server down? I suddenly got kicked off and now it's just timing out..

The server is up. This is what it should look like.

bf2yc4.png

scogoth

Cuban Legend said:
last night we changed server start # to 4 but I dont personally know why it didnt stick.

I went to bed soon past midnight, maybe multiplay migrated our server to Chicago (as we thought being moved to texas from our original Virginia spot was the result of the crashes/instability) like we asked and that reset its settings? I'll try to set it back to 4 from work with the CC.

Wait when were we in Texas? Wheres our server now?

Menelaus

Banned
For some reason, getting HORRIBLE graphics issues today. Nothing has changed on my end.

This is what I'm dealing with half of the time I'm playing:

hmkOn.jpg

scogoth

Menelaus said:
For some reason, getting HORRIBLE graphics issues today. Nothing has changed on my end.

This is what I'm dealing with half of the time I'm playing:

http://i.[/QUOTE]

Are you DX10 on Nvidia? There are major shader issues on DX10 with nvidia cards and the beta drivers.

LordCanti

scogoth said:
Wait when were we in Texas? Wheres our server now?

Multiplay had problems with their Virginia servers. Without telling us, they moved us to Texas. I think Mr. Snrub Anton submitted a ticket asking them to switch us back, or at least to switch us to a server that isn't buggy.

We just got this response back from them:

"There are unfortunately a number of crash bugs in the current server build as a result of coding glitches. We are logging all related crashes and have forwarded the issues to DICE."

This isn't happening to most people, is it? Most servers, I mean?

Smokey

Can somebody explain to me what the Soflam does? I lock on to a tank or whatever with a laser...and then what? It does nothing, it just says target designatior +10...

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
Can somebody explain to me what the Soflam does? I lock on to a tank or whatever with a laser...and then what? It does nothing, it just says target designatior +10...

someone else locks on with a javelin or guided missile

RotBot

Smokey said:
Press fire to deploy on a flat surface. When you're inside, the only controls you have are turning and zooming. The only ability it has is to spot enemies with Q/Select/Back and to lock onto enemy vehicles. Ground vehicles can be locked on at any distance. Air vehicle lock-on has the same range as stinger launchers. Once you're locked on (10 points), anyone with a Javelin or Guided Missile can shoot it (50 points). You can also exit the SOFLAM with exit vehicle button and remotely control it. If you're not using the SOFLAM it auto-locks onto vehicles, but at a shorter range.

DenogginizerOS said:
The NEOGAF server is far worse than most as far as disconnects and whatnot.
I think it's even taking away the crown for Janky NeoGAF game server away from the GAF TF2 server! xD

I Nominate a rename of the Server to:
NeoGAF Community Server - Now with 150% more Jank!

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LordCanti said:
Not to jinx it, but the server seems a lot more stable now that the map rotation isn't borked.

I'm 2 for 2 on getting kicked out in the last 30 minutes.
:(

Maybe it's just me though because the battlelog message is connection timed out. But it appears the server is still near full. I'll have to check out my net connection make sure everything is good.

Paches

Beasting with assault class is great fun. Best server so far I've played is GAF mainly because of the lack of retardation all around :)

Paches-EJ- said:
Starting a petition to remove Bazaar from the rotation. Who is with me!?

I think most maps except for the big 3 suck with 64 players. And even then those maps tend to be crowded.

Animator said:
Posted this in the main thread but this is the better place probably:

Any gaffers like playing Hardcore I have a 48 player hardcore server in chicago. If you want reserved slots just PM me. Hope to see you guys on there.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...537-fdc01c7e4c04/The-Hardcore-Protein-Palace/

48 seems to be a much better number. And I'm growing fond of hardcore. I'll give it a try.

Paches

Anyone know how "Skill" calculated out in the statistics page? Is there a link to like a bell curve graph of what Skill is good/average/bad.

Menelaus

Banned
Paches-EJ- said:
Anyone know how "Skill" calculated out in the statistics page? Is there a link to like a bell curve graph of what Skill is good/average/bad.
Based on the level of people that kill you/you kill. Never seen a formula.

Personally I like Bazaar and some of the smaller maps. I like the intense firefight nature of it. Plus it's a great place to rack up points for the Support and Assault classes.

Top Bottom