• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Gintamen

A question to follow supply class users: Which is the best mid-range weapon? Please don't say the last one you unlock. :I

Got to donate some money to get a reserved place soon. XD Wish I could get into that AoM server more often, nice 60ping all the time.

Sanjay

Not played on many 32 player servers but is the rubber banding lag less on them? is it just mainly a problem with 64 player servers I wonder.

Bit-Bit

So check it GAF, I can't play for more than 30 minutes without my GPU overheating and freezing up my PC. So I'm gonna have to go out and get another fan for my PC before I can play again.

Also, does anyone know of a way to friend everyone from your platoon? Cause it's taking me forever to friend everyone one at a time.

What are peoples thoughts on practicing aircraft in the server? Until now I've not tried it because I feel like it should go to someone else, but on the other hand if I never try it I'll never get any good at it.

Basically, is the general consensus that it's okay for me (and anyone else) to grab a heli/jet if it's there even if there's a risk of us doing fuck all with it? Haha.

Foliorum Viridum said:
What are peoples thoughts on practicing aircraft in the server? Until now I've not tried it because I feel like it should go to someone else, but on the other hand if I never try it I'll never get any good at it.

Basically, is the general consensus that it's okay for me (and anyone else) to grab a heli/jet if it's there even if there's a risk of us doing fuck all with it? Haha.

Some people will get pissy about it but fuck them. You need to practice to get good.

Kyaw

Foliorum Viridum said:

Start with Little Birds and the Russian Variants of them.
They are SOO much fun to whiz around on and their manoeuvrability is unmatched.

And their main guns are bullet based so you'll have to be more accurate with them to kill people. Also the Russian Havoc is much crappier than the Viper. :(

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Anton Sugar said:
Platoons needed:

NeoGAF South America
NeoGAF Asia

Anyone in Asia except me? I'm in Taiwan. My Battlelog soldier is industrian.

I've not played a BF game since Bad Company 1. Once again my biggest problem is getting lost and sniped from out of nowhere. Or in a unique case today: spawning into the Tank MG position and having the driver roll onto a mine within 2 seconds of spawning.

Great game though.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
Anyone using a Logitech 3D Extreme Pro for flying? If I plug it in for flight, my Left Mouse Button stops working and can't be bound. If I unplug the stick, it works again.

electristan said:
Best game ive ever played :)

battlelog

neogaf europe server is great, but we need more fodder, I mean people

Yea I played a few games this morning on it and no crashes or lag even at 64 people. Though I didn't get to try caspian so who knows. What provider do we get this server from?

Woo got my origin ID changed so people know who the hell I am!

ph33nix was already taken (wtf?) so it is now ph33niks

I was previously ysbball812

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
Gintamen said:
A question to follow supply class users: Which is the best mid-range weapon? Please don't say the last one you unlock. :I

the PKP PECHENEG and M60 are the best support weapons. To bad they are both bad compared to SCAR-H.

Engineers are just bullshit OP. They got to much

Josh7289

Is the 'minimum 8 players' rule a setting we can change? Because the server is dead right now and I don't feel like waiting for 7 other people to join before I can start playing.

NA EAST Community Server is filling up! Let's get her started on an early afternoon romp!
ACE 1991 said:
Do how does one go about setting up the controls so I can use my 360 controller when driving vehicles?
BF3 PC has native support for the 360 pad, no aim assist though.

you can even remap all your pad controls if you like.

Josh7289 said:
Is the 'minimum 8 players' rule a setting we can change? Because the server is dead right now and I don't feel like waiting for 7 other people to join before I can start playing.

I might be missing something here but why would you want to play with less than 8 people anyways?

holdbrillanj said:
A server with 4-6 people quickly fill up. A server with 0/64 wont.
last night we changed server start # to 4 but I dont personally know why it didnt stick.

I went to bed soon past midnight, maybe multiplay migrated our server to Chicago (as we thought being moved to texas from our original Virginia spot was the result of the crashes/instability) like we asked and that reset its settings? I'll try to set it back to 4 from work with the CC.

Cuban Legend said:
last night we changed server start # to 4 but I dont personally know why it didnt stick.

I went to bed soon past midnight, maybe multiplay migrated our server to Chicago (as we thought being moved to texas from our original Virginia spot was the result of the crashes/instability) like we asked and that reset its settings? I'll try to set it back to 4 from work with the CC.

Kinda weird that BF3CC shows Punkbuster as being off but Battlelog shows it as on. Is there some disconnect somewhere?

Anton Sugar said:
Kinda weird that BF3CC shows Punkbuster as being off but Battlelog shows it as on. Is there some disconnect somewhere?
Yes there is a disconnect...

straight from the BF3CC forums(click to go to the thread page):

Anton Sugar said:
Does BFCC show HUD and crosshair off for you, too?
-yes, could be a disconnect between the CC and the settings file on the server box.
-but if i remember correctly even clanforge had a few disconnects with settings as well.

so at this point i think its fairly safe to assume that its a disconnect with the server tech itself being a bit wonky/janky.

Just a Reminder, if you do save a setting on that page in the CC remember to set those settings as "On" in the case that the disconnect might only be about it displaying the correct setting, as it might actually change the setting if save. (in fact that might be the answer as to why the HUD went away last night after we changed some base settings in the CC and then "Saved" the settings.)

Smokey

Bazaar is nice.

Also what about throwing some Rush types in here? I'm more of a Conquest guy but with there being only 9 maps (7 since Metro and Tehran are not in play on our server), it kind of feels like you're just playing the same thing over and over and over. Even if it is a good thing, wouldn't Rush mix it up a bit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Fun games for a few matches there on the GAF server.

Why was my GAF EAST platoon request denied?
LLShC.gif

Ok I see the Bravo unit edit in the OP. Applied!

Top Bottom