• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

LordCanti said:
Why does the server only have one person on it? Did you take it down to set up gametracker?

I did. It had 0 players in it before I changed/restarted. It should be good to go now, we got GameTracker taken care of.

LordCanti

Anton Sugar said:
I did. It had 0 players in it before I changed/restarted. It should be good to go now, we got GameTracker taken care of.

I'm suddenly sad that there was no one in our server at 9/10 in the morning on a Monday. Where are you, Euro-GAF?

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LordCanti said:
Our server can be blamed for a lot of things, but freezing clients and BSOD'ing people isn't one of them. Neither has anything to do with our individual server, and everything to do with DICE's buggy game :p

still works hand and hand with the server buggy game ;)

either way, hope this shit gets ironed out asap

scogoth

Menelaus said:
Have we gotten any indication when reserved slots will be working?

Only if you GET TO THE SERVER NOW!

It was my understanding that until DICE implements reserve slots on the server files there will be no reserve slots.

Menelaus

Banned
scogoth said:

It was my understanding that until DICE implements reserve slots on the server files there will be no reserve slots.
Playing at 10am on a Monday certainly does guarantee a reserved slot!

AndyD

aka andydumi
Cuban Legend said:
Server was being updated to R6 lastnight during the Outage apparently, heres the Multiplay news regarding that:

We will be rolling out the latest server update for Battlefield 3 (R6) immediately. All BF3 services will be restarted to pick up these fixes.

Changes include:
  • - Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches.
  • - Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it's up again.
  • - Fix for ghost servers which didn't accept connections.
  • - Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player.
  • - Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots.

If this is the black screen crash/freeze then REJOICE! I hate that bug. Makes me have to quit, then I can't get back into a server because its instantly filled up.

scogoth said:

Well, there is a VIP list in BF3CC, but it's currently not functioning and can cause server crashes. As soon as we can get it working, we'll add people in. Until then, KICK RANDOMS LOL

Spl1nter

JackEtc said:
Cuban :lol

Yeah, haven't run into anyone bad. Everyone in Mumble is pretty chill as well, they all did the auditory equivalent of a double take when I said I was 8 when 1942 came out, lol

Lol I was just fucking around with you.

Smokey

Foliorum Viridum said:
Wow, really? Guess I've been lucky, then.

I bet half of that was Cuban though to be fair.
You've been lucky.

Couple days ago dude was in there saying ni****, ni****, ni**** over and over. I'm on the server all de time and have seen this and other stuff happen frequently.

The easy way to fix this is to assign me some type of power so I can boot ppl on spot. Right foliorun?!

I just realized Foliorum's name was spelled wrong. I was on my phone at work loooll

I swear to god, dude, it wasn't for lack of trying. Something needs to change with SOFLAM--either speed up the Javelin or let it fly higher before moving to target. Never hit anything with SOFLAM.

Menelaus

Banned
I've gotta get my mic working better for voice activation on mumble...this whole pushing buttons to talk garbage was throwing me off my game yesterday.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
I swear to god, dude, it wasn't for lack of trying. Something needs to change with SOFLAM--either speed up the Javelin or let it fly higher before moving to target. Never hit anything with SOFLAM.

I think the issue is that the vehicles keep moving so the soflam eventually loses the target by the time it takes to hit with the javelin. Either need to buff the javelin or the soflam.

Menelaus said:
I've gotta get my mic working better for voice activation on mumble...this whole pushing buttons to talk garbage was throwing me off my game yesterday.

Its become second nature for me to press the push to talk button.

derFeef

I have tomorrow off, so big BF3 gametime. I want to get a positive W/L ratio at least! Hope to get in a good team and/or squad for once. Not that I only blame my teammates, but my recent games went horrible.

Cardigan

Just wanted to give big props to those involved with getting the server up and running. Playing BF3 with the GAF folk has been the most fun I've had with games in a long time.

JackEtc

Spl1nter said:
Lol I was just fucking around with you.
Yeah, It's cool lol. I wasn't offended or anything. I get it a lot, it's all fun and games.
Foliorum Viridum said:
You are aware that BF3 is an 18 rated game, right?

Don't think we should let him play until he's 18, boys. Breaking the law should be frowned upon like racism and homophobia. Don't want our server being shut down.

Edit: Apparently it's 16. THERE GOES MY JOKE. :(
M is 17 man, I'm 18 in a about a month. :p

Foliorum Viridum said:
There's some brutal stuff in there.

Not saying it should be 18, I just thought it would be!
There's barely any blood, and there is no dismemberment.

scogoth said:
Your fucking right its not fucking violent enough for fucking 18.
Cursing is really not something PEGI give a fuck about.

Mr_eX

I started playing some rush yesterday and it's a lot of fun. Any chance of a 32 player rush gaf server in the future?

Spl1nter

Mr_eX said:
I started playing some rush yesterday and it's a lot of fun. Any chance of a 32 player rush gaf server in the future?

We would probably have a 32 player mixed rotation server if we elect to have a 32 player server. However there are no definitive plans at the moment. The idea has been passed around however.

Smokey said:
You've been lucky.

Couple days ago dude was in there saying ni****, ni****, ni**** over and over. I'm on the server all de time and have seen this and other stuff happen frequently.

The easy way to fix this is to assign me some type of power so I can boot ppl on spot. Right foliorun?!
racist.
look you at you trying to gain some power already.
smh

Top Bottom