• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Anything wrong with the GAF server? Hasn't been populated all day.

changing of settings may of made it so people dont join through quickmatch. Makes server harder to populate.

on a side note, can you pm the info for bf3cc.

achapel

Spl1nter said:
changing of settings may of made it so people dont join through quickmatch. Makes server harder to populate.

on a side note, can you pm the info for bf3cc.

Yeah I posted a link to a forum post about that on battlelog.

Also can I have the info as well. I also created a multiplay account.

zulfate

hey anton sugar i donated a few days ago but how do i know if i am on the reserve list?
i sent you a PM about it but i havent heard anything, thanks

Chapel, PM me your Multiplay email and I'll add you to the list.

Canti and I have both decided that it's best we don't give out the BF3CC pw, for now. It's just way too buggy and the more people that have access to it, the greater the chance of a server crash or an inadvertent config file fuckup. The problem is that BF3CC basically gives you super duper admin access to the server--we can't really set any permissions. All kicking/banning and basic admin functions should be accessible via Clanforge. We have several different levels of permissions we can give through there, so if you need to do something in particular, just let us know and we'll work it out.

Zulfate, I added you to the slot list on the blog. Unfortunately, the server files don't have the capability to do reserved slots. Once we have the ability, we'll add it.

LordCanti

Smokey said:
You've been lucky.

Couple days ago dude was in there saying ni****, ni****, ni**** over and over. I'm on the server all de time and have seen this and other stuff happen frequently.

The easy way to fix this is to assign me some type of power so I can boot ppl on spot. Right foliorun?!

That guy got banned immediately, lol.

Edit: Wow, the server still only has one person on it? It does show up in battlelog still, right? Does Killcam being off make us unable to be quickjoined?

achapel

Anton Sugar said:

Canti and I have both decided that it's best we don't give out the BF3CC pw, for now. It's just way too buggy and the more people that have access to it, the greater the chance of a server crash or an inadvertent config file fuckup. The problem is that BF3CC basically gives you super duper admin access to the server--we can't really set any permissions. All kicking/banning and basic admin functions should be accessible via Clanforge. We have several different levels of permissions we can give through there, so if you need to do something in particular, just let us know and we'll work it out.

Zulfate, I added you to the slot list on the blog. Unfortunately, the server files don't have the capability to do reserved slots. Once we have the ability, we'll add it.
Sounds good to me. Check PM.

LordCanti said:
That guy got banned immediately, lol.

Edit: Wow, the server still only has one person on it? It does show up in battlelog still, right? Does Killcam being off make us unable to be quickjoined?

Yeah, normally we have a lot more in, even if it's just gaffers. :-\ Gonna be playing a bit later tonight, hope some others are on.

zulfate

Anton Sugar said:

thanks alot guys i know that the reserve slot mechanic thingy isnt working yet but i just wasnt sure if you knew who i was or what lol

Mr_eX

Spl1nter said:
We would probably have a 32 player mixed rotation server if we elect to have a 32 player server. However there are no definitive plans at the moment. The idea has been passed around however.
Wouldn't conquest being in rotation on a 32 player server be redundant seeing as there's already a 64 player conquest only gaf server?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Dang, exactly zero people on the server :(

You dudes are too old for Trick or Treating on Halloween get your asses inside and on the server. LOL

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
RbBrdMan said:
Dang, exactly zero people on the server :(

You dudes are too old for Trick or Treating on Halloween get your asses inside and on the server. LOL

yeah its been empty.

I was @ work trying to play :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Why am i so unlucky with always getting into losing teams? My W/L ratio is fucking 0.37. Sure i haven't played as much as most of you, but still... :(

Bisnic said:
Why am i so unlucky with always getting into losing teams? My W/L ratio is fucking 0.37. Sure i haven't played as much as most of you, but still... :(

You need a good squad. So do I... I play with randoms WAY too much. Anyone who wants to add me, I'm on GAF Platoon NA West, username = DisgustipatedAP1

Smokey

Ice Raven said:
racist.
look you at you trying to gain some power already.
smh

why u on my dick son
back back

ps i think i sniped you again on firestorm. i think you were on top of one of the buildings. i laughed.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
iSurvivedTheOutage said:
dude....the NeoGAF NA server is laggy right now

I don't think there has been a time I have played on it and it wasn't laggy, but tonight it was especially bad. I don't think I've ever had an FPS yank my view back to where it was a few seconds ago because the lag was so bad before.

Mr_eX

Had fun tonight. Up until the last map I played I didn't really notice much lag. Best part was after about 3 or 4 hours there wasn't a single crash.

Now that the server seems more stable I'll capture video from it again later this week. So look forward to possibly hearing yourself on a youtube video in the future.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
XiaNaphryz said:
Not sure who I kamikazed with the APC in that last one, but it was awesome.

I don't know if it's what you're talking about but I just barely missed getting squished between your humvee and a wall only to be shot when I thought you were my teammate. So many awesome moments in this game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
vitaminwateryum said:
I don't know if it's what you're talking about but I just barely missed getting squished between your humvee and a wall only to be shot when I thought you were my teammate. So many awesome moments in this game.
I think that was the map after. There was a guy trying to claim a flag and our team had all the other ones, and I rammed into him full-speed and exploded.

Nekrono

Cuban Legend said:
well it hadnt crashed for the last 14 or so hours so id say thats a good run. repopulating it now.
Yeah, I played a while on it before and had no problems, just a bit of lag but that's normal, then I re-joined with a couple friends and it crashed lol.

Server is empty. Clanforge just added server queuing, so I've enabled it.

They also have two optional Punkbuster addons call "Punkbuster Config" and "Punkbuster Enable". They are disabled by default. Gonna ask Multiplay what these do, exactly.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it just me or does Matchmaking just do not work? Everytime i try it, no games ever come up. I just take a random server from the server browser instead... So much for calling it "Quick match"... Quick... yeah.

Menelaus

Banned
Bisnic said:
Is it just me or does Matchmaking just do not work? Everytime i try it, no games ever come up. I just take a random server from the server browser instead... So much for calling it "Quick match"... Quick... yeah.
It's known to be broken right now.

scogoth

Anton Sugar said:
Yeah, unfortunately it's not available for quickmatch since we disabled the killcam.

Its always dead. We sat on there with 4/5 people for about 3 hours today and no one joined.

Menelaus

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Yeah, unfortunately it's not available for quickmatch since we disabled the killcam.
Oh...it's not that important. I'll change my vote. I want a healthy server, mang. I know the vote was super close anyways.

scogoth said:
Its always dead. We sat on there with 4/5 people for about 3 hours today and no one joined.
That's because it won't pair it with randoms right now due to killcam customization.

Spl1nter

Compromise, compromise, compromise.

Thats how it all starts. I can already smell the winds of shit rolling in. Before you know it your got yourself a shit blizzard

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
scogoth said:

Right, I don't bother with the GAF server until later in the evening, since it's empty beforehand. I'll be on in an hour if anyone is around though!

Top Bottom