• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Mr_eX

Anton Sugar said:
Yeah, unfortunately it's not available for quickmatch since we disabled the killcam.
Server population is more important than trivial features the community wants enabled/disabled.

Spl1nter said:
Compromise, compromise, compromise.

Thats how it all starts. I can already smell the winds of shit rolling in. Before you know it your got yourself a shit blizzard

Shit hawks. Big, dirty shit hawks. They're coming. They're flying in low, shitting on gaffers.

Here's the thing: if we change just about ANY server setting (even just the minimum players to start and restart a round), it is removed from Quickmatch. Quickmatch requires absolutely vanilla settings.

But this is a democracy...! Perhaps we should have GAF-settings nights or something like that?

LordCanti

Anton Sugar said:
Shit hawks. Big, dirty shit hawks. They're coming. They're flying in low, shitting on gaffers.

Here's the thing: if we change just about ANY server setting (even just the minimum players to start and restart a round), it is removed from Quickmatch. Quickmatch requires absolutely vanilla settings.

But this is a democracy...! Perhaps we should have GAF-settings nights or something like that?

Seventy Six Shit Trombones led the big parade.

By this I mean we need randoms back, or the server is going to be dead a lot.

Also, I watched the music man earlier.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:

I am surprised someone picked up on that reference. I have new found respect for you.

Arment

Spl1nter said:
I am surprised someone picked up on that reference. I have new found respect for you.

The word shit has a whole new slew of usages after TPB. I also have a tendency of telling people to fuck right off more than before.

Spl1nter said:

I'm honored. That show is a family favorite.

Alright, so I've switched the following back:

-Killcam is ENABLED
-Round start min is 8 players
-Restart min is 4 players

These are all required for Quickmatch. Maybe if we can get a solid community of GAF and randoms, we can mess with the settings later.

The ping on the server is currently unknown. Anyone playing know how smooth the game is playing?

EDIT: Got to play for a while before being disconnected from server

Menelaus

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I just tried to join. As level was loading the server died.

I swear this is like the 10th time this has happened. I honestly kill the server.
thank you. i was sucking it up.

What's weird is that Clanforge didn't report that as a crash. Gonna give them an ultimatum. We got $800 to spend elsewhere!

In the meantime, if you're playing on a good, fully populated CQ 64 server and it's stable/lag free, try to find out the provider. We'll start looking at other options.

Zeppelin

THISGONBGUD.gif

I'm gonna join in on this. Haven't played a rush game since the beta.

disconnected again

Am I not allowed to use IRNV scope or something

Menelaus said:
my team is fucking TERRIBAD

Well, we couldn't defend shit (seriously, why was I the only person next to the final objective before it was armed?). And we sure as hell couldn't attack either

Zeppelin

Well that sucked. And seriously? I blew up 3 MCOMs on Kharg - 1 500 points... If they want me to risk my life they gotta do better than that.

Well good luck with that!

It's 2am and I have to be up at 6:30 for uni, so bed for me. I wasn't particularly enjoying it being Rush, anywho. Though I do think changing it up sometimes is a good idea - they just weren't enjoyable matches.

Menelaus

Banned
Zeppelin said:
Well that sucked. And seriously? I blew up 3 MCOMs on Kharg - 1 500 points... If they want me to risk my life they gotta do better than that.
actually 1800 including the 100 for arming.

Menelaus

Banned
but all in all, yeah, fuck that rush noise. this is a 64 player conquest server. i really couldn't care less how it runs on rush, since that's not what the server is for.

is just mad his team was such shit

Spl1nter said:
THIS NIGHT ONLY

NEOGAF COMMUNITY SERVER 32P RUSH

HURRY! HURRY! HURRY!
Here are todays 2 Updates about BF3 from our provider, Multiplay:

Battlefield 3 - R7 Server Update includes Rubber Banding Fix :)
We're now rolling out the required new R7 server update, all servers will restart.

This patch includes the following fixes:-
  • Fix for rubber banding
  • TDM/SQDM spawn point fix
  • 2 crash fixes in end of round
  • Fix for connection problem when joining password protected servers
  • Removed 'vars.allUnlocksUnlocked'. (Once ranked server settings are enforced, this may come back in some form).

Zeppelin

Menelaus said:
actually 1800 including the 100 for arming.

Well this changes everything! :p

But seriously, I kind of enjoyed my first game on Kharg (because my team wasn't shit and we won) but that last game on Damavand almost made me lose it. Half my attacking team lay prone in the hills not even trying to arm the MCOM. Also I found it real hard to play as support even as defender, which feel a bit odd since one would think that's the ideal situation as support.

Smokey

I just dl'd Mumble...Went to Add new for our mumble server. I added it yet it's not doing anything. No information is coming up or anything.

Am I doing something wrong?

nvm

Played some rounds with some other friends on other servers. I actually got disconnected from 2-3 different servers through the night, though we did eventually find a stable one. It's possible they were both Multiplay, but I'm hoping R7 will solve at least some of the problems we're having.

CAW

Smokeygaf. I was running around with you earlier in your squad. My BF3 handle is Molsonwarrior. Good times, good times.

1stStrike

Banned
Nekrono said:
Alright just came back home, let's do this....

*Server full...*

*Thank you autojoin mod*

They appear to have added queuing, as I don't have any mods or plugins installed and it now queues me for servers when I try to join a full one.

Spl1nter

I hope everyone liked rush night on the gaf server. We will resume our normal broadcasting tomorrow.

Overall now that I have played all the rush maps once my scoring for the maps out of 5

Map: CQ | Rush

Metro: 0 | 1
Caspian: 4 | 3
Firestorm: 5 | 4
Bazaar: 4 | 2
Damavand: 2 | 4
Tehran: - | 4
Kharg: 5 | 4
Seine: 1 | 1
Canals: 3 | 4

Seine and Metro are just complete shit, in both modes. Cant comment on Tehran because of the lag issues on the map but it is probably a 3 or 4 in cq.

Winning as attackers is pretty fucking difficult on most of the rush maps.

Dogtags for the next 24 hours. I change them at the end of every day based on whatever new tag I unlock.

34ye4js.png

I think I will write a detailed post on my impression of the recon class tomorrow. Was able to do really well with the class.

Top Bottom