• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Nekrono

Does the mumble overlay not work with BF3? I can't get mine to show, even setup a shortcut for toggling it and added BF3 to the whitelist.

Anyone with the same issue?

FStop7

Banned
Some dude on the community server a little earlier kept getting so mad. Every time he got killed he'd spam the chatbox with "camper" or "nice skill" or whatever. Dude... if you're a GAF member and you read this - relax! It's just video games.

Spl1nter

Nekrono said:
Does the mumble overlay not work with BF3? I can't get mine to show, even setup a shortcut for toggling it and added BF3 to the whitelist.

Anyone with the same issue?

mumble overlay does not work in dx11. Should be fixed in the next release. When that is, no one knows. I would have to guess January/February.

Zeppelin

Got killed by mortars a couple of times on Bazaar just now. I'm beginning to see why people are having problems with it. Otherwise great games as always, US GAF.

LordCanti

I'm also out for the night. Thanks for all the games guys.

For anyone wondering about reserved slots: DICE has this functionality planned, but they haven't implemented it yet (much to my chagrin, as I waited in queue multiple times tonight). Once it is up, everyone will have their reserved slots.

Sorry for any confusion, as we were hoping it would be in for the release of the game.

FStop7

Banned
Tried recon out for the first time in BF3... sniped the pilot through the windshield of his chopper. One little bullet hole, chopper leaned over and crashed sideways into a building. Boom.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Most of the players on the community server are so good. I hope taking regular beatings from them will help me get better in time.

So was the server any more stable with Rush? Also, the R7 fix says it "fixes rubber-banding". Should we give Tehran Conquest a try?

Zeppelin said:
Got killed by mortars a couple of times on Bazaar just now. I'm beginning to see why people are having problems with it. Otherwise great games as always, US GAF.

It's really not that bad unless you don't have another Support with mortars on your team. Counter-mortaring is the easiest thing in the world to do, but yesterday I was just in a 5v5 Damavand Rush match with some friends and the opposing team had mortars they were just spamming the objectives with from their spawn, which allowed them to take one set of MCOMs. Luckily, the server populated and they couldn't get away with that, but it's a pretty good tactic to use.

Mr_eX said:
I really like the game of cat and mouse that occurs when there's a mortar on each team.

It's always so satisfying to find one of those fuckers sitting at their mortar. It's a shame you can't knife them from behind.

ACE 1991

Smokey said:
Good games tonight. Got on dat Mumble for a bit. Still need to configure it some more but was good times.
Yeah, your mic seemed pretty quiet compared to everyone else. You might want to juxtaposed up the input volume.

R7 doesn't like the Multiplay queueing addon. Disabling it and rebooting the server.

We are aware of several issues with the latest release of the BF3 server, these include thus far:

- Bans not working (throws back InvalidBanCategory)
- The server queuing addon has been disabled due to instability. Any servers with this enabled may not be accessible until they are restarted.

The above issues have been reported directly to the development team at DICE and will hopefully be fixed in the next release.

Spl1nter said:
I hope everyone liked rush night on the gaf server. We will resume our normal broadcasting tomorrow.

Overall now that I have played all the rush maps once my scoring for the maps out of 5

Map: CQ | Rush

Metro: 0 | 1
Caspian: 4 | 3
Firestorm: 5 | 4
Bazaar: 4 | 2
Damavand: 2 | 4
Tehran: - | 4
Kharg: 5 | 4
Seine: 1 | 1
Canals: 3 | 4

Seine and Metro are just complete shit, in both modes. Cant comment on Tehran because of the lag issues on the map but it is probably a 3 or 4 in cq.

Winning as attackers is pretty fucking difficult on most of the rush maps.

Dogtags for the next 24 hours. I change them at the end of every day based on whatever new tag I unlock.

34ye4js.png

I think I will write a detailed post on my impression of the recon class tomorrow. Was able to do really well with the class.

Seine is godly as a 6vs6 hardcore rush map. Had one of the best games ever on that map.

Anton Sugar said:
R7 doesn't like the Multiplay queueing addon. Disabling it and rebooting the server.
Regardless of what Multiplay says... I'd say RE-ENABLE IT it unless you'e been noticing the server has been crashing more since queuing was turned on.

Cuban Legend said:
Regardless of what Multiplay says... I'd say RE-ENABLE IT it unless you'e been noticing the server has been crashing more since queuing was turned on.

Do we have anyone to test? I won't be able to actually try joining the server until this evening, so I don't really have a way of telling if it's accessible or not with the addon enabled.

Spl1nter said:

Metro: 0 | 1
Caspian: 4 | 3
Firestorm: 5 | 4
Bazaar: 4 | 2
Tehran: - | 4
Seine: 1 | 1

I like this; here are my ratings:

Metro: 0 | 3
Caspian: 5 | 3
Firestorm: 4 | 3
Bazaar: 4 | 4
Tehran: 3 | 4
Seine: 3 | 3

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Cuban Legend said:

I experienced FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more crashing on servers with it enabled. Far. Yesterday was my worst day yet in terms of crashing.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Do we have anyone to test? I won't be able to actually try joining the server until this evening, so I don't really have a way of telling if it's accessible or not with the addon enabled.

People were getting disconnected from the server last night. I am quite sure it was because of the multiplay add-on. Keep it disabled.

CUUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN

Foliorum Viridum said:
Pretty sure you guys got disconnected because you were playing Rush and God is a Conquest fan.

True story.

Getting stuck on a bad team vs. GAF is the worst thing in the world. Almost as bad as being on a good GAF team that dicks around in aircraft while the enemy takes all the bases.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

ACE 1991

commish said:
I experienced FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR more crashing on servers with it enabled. Far. Yesterday was my worst day yet in terms of crashing.

I played for an hour on the GAF server last night and had a total of three crash to desktops. Such a bummer.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton Sugar said:
Getting stuck on a bad team vs. GAF is the worst thing in the world. Almost as bad as being on a good GAF team that dicks around in aircraft while the enemy takes all the bases.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

That happens a lot on the GAF server (the latter).

LordCanti

Anton Sugar said:

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE

;_;

Anton Sugar said:
Bah! With all the hubbub raised yesterday about it not being populated due to the settings changes, I expected more.

It should be more populated tonight as people get off work. I can't play until later, due to various unforeseen circumstances.

I've got to watch The X Factor with a few female friends

lol.gif

Alright, I just joined a random full 64 player Tehran CQ server and it was silky smooth. Just added it to the GAF server rotation. I MIGHT not be able to play tonight, so just let me know how it goes if that's the case.

achapel said:
So it sounds like our server is just being oversold or something. Clanforge sucks, and we just have been having major issues. It might be worth moving, I vote for a move. Here is a server host that seems to be good, and is actually a good price.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield...ins_who_are_the_best_hosts_for_server/c2wfpuc

Also someone posted a 15% discount code that works for life.
before we consider this at all I'd say we should at least try out server hosted by EOReality on our own connections to see if we notice a difference between a full EORealiry Server and our Full Multiplay server.

Anton Sugar said:

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
I was on the side that was destroyed and it wasn't fun at all. :(

Spl1nter

Good games tonight on the gaf server. Getting more and more used to the m98b. It is a beast sniper rifle.

We will fix Teheran highway being the cq32 variant in the server rotation tomorrow morning when the server is empty (requires server restart). I hope people were fine with skipping Seine and Damavand, those maps just dont work with 64 players.

Damavand could work if the vehicles given to each team were: 2 scout helicopters, 2 transport jeeps. The tank just fucks everything up, clogs the tunnel.

I will keep an eye on the server for the next little while and continue to skip teheran/seine depending on player count in server. However Teheran CQ64 will become a mainstay in the server rotation once we have it up.

Top Bottom