• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

1stStrike

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Rules messages a bit too frequent for my liking.

Agreed. It needs to be toned down. One every like... 5 - 10 minutes or so wouldn't be too bad.

Oh and we're on right now. We're up to 26 people

LordCanti

I can't play until later. Are the server join messages still working? How about the timed messages? If so, are they spaced out well?

I hope people are still around in three hours or so when I can finally play :D

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
LordCanti said:
I can't play until later. Are the server join messages still working? How about the timed messages? If so, are they spaced out well?

I hope people are still around in three hours or so when I can finally play :D

Timed messages are working. TBH I think come up a little too often. Is it on a 1 minute timer or something? Not really a big deal or anything but can get a tad bit annoying.

So what's the word on whether we can kick non-GAFers to get in until reserve slots are working?

Cos I've been refreshing for 20 mins now and nadda.

Edit: Ha, I post that and someone leaves. ^_^

Foliorum Viridum said:
So what's the word on whether we can kick non-GAFers to get in until reserve slots are working?

Cos I've been refreshing for 20 mins now and nadda.

Dude, get on Mumble and tell me or Cuban. We'll sort that shit. I.e., kick a random.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Hooooly shit that was fun.

GG ladies...

Prophet steve,kyaw,n0n44am and me getting things done.
Who's the best squad? These guys.*fonziepose*

Kyaw

Corky said:

GG ladies...

Fuck yeah! Best squad every round.

LordCanti

RbBrdMan said:
Timed messages are working. TBH I think come up a little too often. Is it on a 1 minute timer or something? Not really a big deal or anything but can get a tad bit annoying.

Should be set to 4 minutes. Will fix asap

derFeef

Was fun as long as it lasted. Well.. until you get asked to leave the squad to make room because you suck :(

Corky said:

GG ladies...

well, would have been fun to play with you guys... but.. see above.

LordCanti said:
Should be set to 4 minutes. Will fix asap
4 minutes for the 3 messages means they ALL show in 4 minutes (about 1 minute and a half between each).

set it to 12 minutes to its once every 4 minutes at least.

n0n44m

yeah those were some nice games ... seems like I'm raging at my screen a lot less with a decent squad ;D

and sorry @ whomever I spawned on and didn't drop ammo for on Seine Crossing, was too busy picking off suckers from the window (7000+ points match lol). They really should make ammo request more noticeable :p

derFeef said:
Was fun as long as it lasted. Well.. until you get asked to leave the squad to make room because you suck :(

eeh nothing personal man :p we were just with the 4 of us in a Mumble channel (and squad) but Kyaw had some trouble loading or something and got locked out of the squad when the map changed.

edit: the lag / ping to the server increased from 120ish to 150 for me in battlelog (.nl), but ingame it seemed better than a week ago. Some server side updates/improvements I guess?

Kyaw

derFeef said:

Sorry about that, my game crashed so i had to join back and you took my spot in the squad. :(

derFeef

n0n44m said:
eeh nothing personal man :p we were just with the 4 of us in a Mumble channel (and squad) but Kyaw had some trouble loading or something and got locked out of the squad when the map changed.

edit: the lag / ping to the server increased from 120ish to 150 for me in battlelog (.nl), but ingame it seemed better than a week ago. Some server side updates/improvements I guess?
You could have explained it better then, got handled a bit harshly tbh. Felt bad! :)
I am really not good at this game sadly, but it would still be nice to finally be in a squad with some active gaffers in here.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
derFeef said:
You could have explained it better then, got handled a bit harshly tbh. Felt bad! :)
I am really not good at this game sadly, but it would still be nice to finally be in a squad with some active gaffers in here.

Yeah I apologize really, I don't think Prophet steve realized you were one of us until you actually left, at which point he realized the error and I was in my own little world at that point otherwise I would've obviously pointed it out to him.

CAW

Server crashed (I think) and only a small fraction returned but it turned out pretty good. I didn't get beat as badly as I normally do. haha

Fun times.

(Molsonwarrior in game)

Varna

GAF server is my official go to for a game. Always nice when you begin to recognize names. Wish there was some way to use your GAF name. Does the game have any kind of auto balance for teams? teams got way stacked and nobody seem to care.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
Hope i got the right thread this time!
Just played on the AusGAF server, caspian borders. So fun. My first real game.
I went 38-34 lol. Had so much trouble getting my bearings at the start but once you get into it it's brilliant.
I couldn't for the life of me figure out exactly how to kill someone effectively, in the campaign you can just tap shoot or w/e but it seemed like it took me forever doing it that way so ended up just blazing in the end.
I loved how with hilltop the cover gets blown to shit the older the round gets so it gets harder to "hide". So damn fun.

Nome

I got a double-kill/vehicle disable/vehicle destroy/roadkill with an anti-air launcher just now. I can only imagine that they tried to jump out of the heli and got crushed by it as it hit the ground.

LordCanti

Great games tonight guys.

achapel said:

Right now, the problem is that we don't have anyone to run procon 24/7. We could look into having Gameservers host a "Procon layer" though, if they do that for other hosts clients.

I've been running it myself today, which is why we've had that timed message on the server. I can't keep it going forever though. BF3CC is supposed to have a free daemon people can connect to sooner or later, but until then, we need some way of running procon on a machine that can stay up throughout the day.

Edit: It costs $2 a month. Getting someone to do it on their home machine would cost more in electricity. Anton, get on this: http://www.gameservers.com/procon/

1stStrike

Banned
I had fun today, though my team got ass rammed towards the end there. I still got a few good kills, but most of the people on my team had jack shit unlocked so it was difficult trying to coordinate stuff.

I'm working the next 4 days, so won't be on as much.

LordCanti said:
Great games tonight guys.

Right now, the problem is that we don't have anyone to run procon 24/7. We could look into having Gameservers host a "Procon layer" though, if they do that for other hosts clients.

I've been running it myself today, which is why we've had that timed message on the server. I can't keep it going forever though. BF3CC is supposed to have a free daemon people can connect to sooner or later, but until then, we need some way of running procon on a machine that can stay up throughout the day.

Edit: It costs $2 a month. Getting someone to do it on their home machine would cost more in electricity. Anton, get on this: http://www.gameservers.com/procon/
I have a TF2 idler server on a server rack in my garage that is on 24/7. in fact I have it logged into BF3CC 24/7 already lol. It's what my second monitor is set to, so i can admin while ingame.

All i gotta do its login with Procon and give the admins their admin permissions if you guys are at work. Just say the word.

DietRob

Are there any really high ticket count conquest servers? I'd like to play one with 600 or so tickets.

Anyone found any, or do they even exist?

RotBot

An admin was asking about how to increase ticket count in Mumble.

vars.gameModeCounter 100

The number after is a percentage. 100 is normal, so increasing it to 200 will double the tickets.

Spl1nter

RotBot said:
An admin was asking about how to increase ticket count in Mumble.

vars.gameModeCounter 100

The number after is a percentage. 100 is normal, so increasing it to 200 will double the tickets.

ANTON!

GET THE FUCK ON THIS.

when you have time.

DietRob

Spl1nter said:
ANTON!

GET THE FUCK ON THIS.

when you have time.

Seconded.

Maybe not all the time but to have a weekend dedicated to some epic 1000 ticket games would be fuck awesome.

Any more info on that ticket counter variable? I'm assuming all we have is the ability to set it for all conquest matches, not just certain maps?

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Any more info on that ticket counter variable? I'm assuming all we have is the ability to set it for all conquest matches, not just certain maps?

Yes sadly that would be the case. I would support removing damavand and seine crossing if that is the case or at least one of those two maps now that tehran is back in the rotation.

I've had some great games on it. Intense firefights in the streets/buildings, pushing over the bridges, swimming over the river and sneaking up from behind etc.

One of my favourite maps now.

Top Bottom