• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Spl1nter

Foliorum Viridum said:
I've had some great games on it. Intense firefights in the streets/buildings, pushing over the bridges, swimming over the river and sneaking up from behind etc.

One of my favourite maps now.

you are insane.

Beaner

Seine is a great map for flanking and racking up kills. One of my favorite things to do if the other team has the bridge is to swim across, take out my M26 MASS, and run back to my side, 1-shotting everyone on the way. Good map for kills (I'm 10th on the GAF server now)

Spl1nter

I was looking at the BF3 UK forums for RSP server information and hopefully more information on increasing ticket count. I did not find any info on that subject matter however I did find something more interesting.

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...ame-servers-first-page-any-region-search.html

Basically, some servers are able to pull randoms easily and other cannot. It is pretty obvious the GAF server has this issue. I am quite sure the 90% of our pop. is GAF based. Its extremely noticeable because the server will start to die out slowly. Hopefully DICE will be able to fix this issue quickly.

Spl1nter said:
you are insane.
I agree with Spl1nter. too many Siene games end with me having to go in and switch people around to balance the spawncampingfest.

Damavand at leas has a chopper that can change the flow of the game and doesn't force you to use the tunnel all the time.

Spl1nter

Beaner said:
Seine is a great map for flanking and racking up kills. One of my favorite things to do if the other team has the bridge is to swim across, take out my M26 MASS, and run back to my side, 1-shotting everyone on the way. Good map for kills (I'm 10th on the GAF server now)

You cant flank on that map when 64 players are playing.

fin

Beaner said:
For what little it matters I agree, I love Seine but Damavand seems like a waste

Totally agree, Seine can offer some really intimate fire fights and good sniping opportunities. Once you get across the bridge you can flank the other team pretty easily. Or stay on your side of the bridge and snipe.

Damavand Peak is my least favorate map, besides Metro. Although we haven't played Metro in a while...

1stStrike

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
Seine is great!

Demavand can go though for all I care.

Seine sucks with 64 players. Demavand isn't my favorite, but it's playable if you get good chopper pilots and your team repairs your tank.

I vote we dropp Seine from the server as it's just not a fun map with 64 players. It's fine with 32, but doesn't work with 64.

Spl1nter

derFeef said:
Why is it always so incredible one-sided on the GAF servers :/

Because some people use mumble and the other people dont. Then those people complain about losing.

Also there are no skill balancing scripts available.

1stStrike

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Because some people use mumble and the other people dont. Then those people complain about losing.

Also there are no skill balancing scripts available.

This.

Communication is everything in this game. If you don't have a mic, then just get on mumble with your squad-mates and at least listen. If none of them are on mumble and communicating, then you might want to find another squad with people that are. Or tell them to get the hell on mumble.

I bitch about this regularly - if you guys don't work together then you might as well be playing with randoms, as nobody has any idea what anyone else is doing.

It's no sweat to just be like "Two guys at the back of A" in mumble rather than trying to stop everything you're doing in-game and trying to type that out.

If you're trying to coordinate any kind of attack, communication is key.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I always forget to sign into mumble. I really gotta start remembering so I can quit losing.

Beaner

Spl1nter said:
You cant flank on that map when 64 players are playing.

Except I've only played on 64 player servers. Real easy with swimming across when they are so focused on killing everyone on the friendly side

FStop7

Banned
Got on a busy/popular server late last night. Also hopped on their public Vent. Never have I been called the n-word so many times in such a short period of time, not even on Xbox Live. Punchline - I'm white!

1stStrike said:
This.

Communication is everything in this game. If you don't have a mic, then just get on mumble with your squad-mates and at least listen. If none of them are on mumble and communicating, then you might want to find another squad with people that are. Or tell them to get the hell on mumble.

I bitch about this regularly - if you guys don't work together then you might as well be playing with randoms, as nobody has any idea what anyone else is doing.

It's no sweat to just be like "Two guys at the back of A" in mumble rather than trying to stop everything you're doing in-game and trying to type that out.

If you're trying to coordinate any kind of attack, communication is key.

People need to start using the sub-channels on the GAF Mumble. "Team 1" and "Team 2" should be renamed "Russia" and "USA" and people should join them accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Spl1nter

Beaner said:
Except I've only played on 64 player servers. Real easy with swimming across when they are so focused on killing everyone on the friendly side

Evidently you have played against shitty other teams. The river is pot shot heaven.

1stStrike

Banned
FStop7 said:
People need to start using the sub-channels on the GAF Mumble. "Team 1" and "Team 2" should be renamed "Russia" and "USA" and people should join them accordingly. Just a suggestion.

Good suggestion. I agree, as well.

Spl1nter said:
Evidently you have played against shitty other teams. The river is pot shot heaven.

+1. I was sniping people trying to swim across the water last night :lol

Smokey

FStop7 said:
Got on a busy/popular server late last night. Also hopped on their public Vent. Never have I been called the n-word so many times in such a short period of time, not even on Xbox Live. Punchline - I'm white!

THIS

It's all mixed together as it is now and I can never tell who is really on my team and who could be a traitor.

I think that was a figurative "you", not accusatory
lol.gif

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
Well I didn't intentionally, the game moved me. I still think that idea would help some.

That is what I am saying. The game automatically swaps teams everyone round, therefore having the teams named doesnt really work out

1stStrike

Banned
Negator said:
Could someone please explain to me how I'm supposed to kill aircraft in this game?

Shoot them with other aircraft / stingers / guided missiles/rockets / throw rocks

Or, when in doubt, just crash your jet into them.

FStop7

Banned
Spl1nter said:
That is what I am saying. The game automatically swaps teams everyone round, therefore having the teams named doesnt really work out

Great point, I forgot about that. So then I would suggest leaving them as Team 1 / Team 2 and then you just inquire as to which team is currently playing the faction you spawn in as.

1stStrike said:
Shoot them with other aircraft / stingers / guided missiles/rockets / throw rocks

Or, when in doubt, just crash your jet into them.

I do that to helicopters all the time. Usually causes !RAGE! Too bad there are no end of round ribbons for that.

fin

I'd say remove the public lobby out of mumble. Also be advised that you don't have to join a specific squad in mumble. You can just join the Team and we can have everyone communicating.

Removed Seine and Damavand, and set ticket count to 200%. Let me know via Battlelog if anything is fucked. We'll probably have formal voting later.

1stStrike

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Removed Seine and Damavand, and set ticket count to 200%. Let me know via Battlelog if anything is fucked. We'll probably have formal voting later.

WOOT!

Now I can have more chances to kill Legato in a round!

zulfate

Smokey said:
THIS

It's all mixed together as it is now and I can never tell who is really on my team and who could be a traitor.

yeah i agree, i think its funny when i am driving a tank across the bridge in seine and i hear someone on mumble say "theres a tank coming" my response is always "its friendly dont fire! ;)"

Varna

You lose the points if the server crashes huh? Doh. :(

Good thing it didn't crash during other map.

24/3... though I didn't do shit though. The pilot was ace... holy crap I wish I was that good. Sif... Slif... was his name. Gaffer in here?

Top Bottom