• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

FStop7

Banned
Five vehicle disables/destroys, some kills, then... server crash

table-flip-o.gif

R7wYY.jpg

Vd4cG.jpg

So, this weird thing is happening for me. Out of nowhere, random crap pops up and stretches. This case wasn't all that bad, but...

DKLvH.jpg

TXKhZ.jpg

Sometimes this happens. Or even worse, it'll block out my whole screen. :\

Anybody else have this happen, or hear of this happening? It's not driver related as far as I know. Tried new and different ones, nothing works.

1stStrike

Banned
HOLY SHIT!

We just had the most epic come back ever on firestorm. We had like 45 tickets and the other team had 150 or so. We ended up winning with 2 tickets left over. Most fucking epic win ever!

Proxy

1stStrike said:
HOLY SHIT!

We just had the most epic come back ever on firestorm. We had like 45 tickets and the other team had 150 or so. We ended up winning with 2 tickets left over. Most fucking epic win ever!

My team let me down. Shame on them....
:'(

1stStrike said:
HOLY SHIT!

Yeah, that was pretty fucking awesome. I think we were down 100 tickets or so at one point.

Followed by the complete opposite the next round. Eh, regardless, good games tonight, wish we could have recorded that Firestorm match. I think at one point, it was 8-8 or something and we squeaked it out.

Nekrono

Even though I joined somewhat late tonight we had some good games, that Firestorm match outcome I did not expect lol, but we made up for it on Bazaar, good times.

Also, people should join the mumble server, even if you can't talk, speaking of which... I should get a new mic since the one I have broke.

FStop7

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
Don't worry, guys. We are seriously looking at another provider. No excuse for these crashes, sorry :-\

No worries. I was on Mumble (no_carrier) and heard the talk about looking for a new provider.

It definitely seems like multiplay is oversubcribed or something, because the crashed tonight happened when the server was full. As soon as it was more empty for that 800 ticket marathon in Grand Bazaar (holy shit) then all seemed well.

That Firestorm match was ridiculous. When it was still 150 tickets vs. 50 I figured it was over and I grabbed an jet and then a heli to practice with. When it started getting close I switched back to trying to cap points but it seemed like only a couple of us were really trying, and then it was too late.

Oh and by the way - playing as a door gunner in the huey with a skilled pilot is absolutely incredible. We were playing on canal and the pilot was taking us around on a fairly consistent orbit, flying super low, under bridges, through buildings. It was like playing a completely different game vs. the ground war. Without getting into garbage thread material, moments like that are the ones COD just can't touch.

Nekrono said:
Same here man, same here, haha.

Here's the follow up to that map, losing team came up on top even though it was looking grim for us at the start of the round.

Thanks to Dubz and the people that switched to our team when it was unbalanced by ~4 people.

It's really a shame there is no Battle Recorder. Would be fun to have a GAF "Best Of" series.

I tried switching people myself to balance, but was only able to switch one before BF3CC crapped out on me. Thanks to anyone who switched themselves.

FStop7 said:
No worries. I was on Mumble (no_carrier) and heard the talk about looking for a new provider.

It definitely seems like multiplay is oversubcribed or something, because the crashed tonight happened when the server was full. As soon as it was more empty for that 800 ticket marathon in Grand Bazaar (holy shit) then all seemed well.

That Firestorm match was ridiculous. When it was still 150 tickets vs. 50 I figured it was over and I grabbed an jet and then a heli to practice with. When it started getting close I switched back to trying to cap points but it seemed like only a couple of us were really trying, and then it was too late.

Twice the ticket really helps the game breathe. You don't feel forced/required to fill an immediate role. You don't necessarily shit around, but the game feels more open, even if the tickets are at 300-200.

Oh and by the way - playing as a door gunner in the huey with a skilled pilot is absolutely incredible. We were playing on canal and the pilot was taking us around on a fairly consistent orbit, flying super low, under bridges, through buildings. It was like playing a completely different game vs. the ground war. Without getting into garbage thread material, moments like that are the ones COD just can't touch.

I still haven't experienced many good door gunner moments. Had tons of them in BC2, but not here. Although, just recently realized you can still repair from a rear seat.

Ferga

FStop7 said:

I've experienced that once ;)

But all the other times, the pilot just crashed within the first minute. Every time i spawn in a heli, i'm just hoping the pilot can go high enough for me to parachute safely to the ground

LordCanti

If you guys haven't noticed: Our server is a buggy, crashy, piece of shit. We are at the end of our rope with Multiplay (our current host). Another 64 player server has been provided for us by Chapel, with the host EOreality. If we can fill it, and it doesn't exhibit any of the problems we've seen with Multiplay, we're switching and never going back. We're likely to switch anyway, as the customer support we've received hasn't really been top notch either. In other words, tonight when everyone is looking for a server, please play on this new server.

Link to the new server in Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...e-e960db656c15/NeoGAF-Community-Server-Deuce/

To find it in battlelog, just search for Neogaf. It should be the only non-European result there.

Anton Sugar said:
Here we go! We won 2-0
lol.gif

GG Nekrono, shook my fist in rage at you a few times.

Best comeback ever. We were down to 13 got'damn tickets, while the other team had maybe 130-200. Maybe 40-300 or something at one point if memory serves. I kept yelling "WE CAN STILL WINNNN THISSSSS" and everyone thought I was full of shit lol.

Battlefield moment for sure. At the last second, I was battling two or three engineers in the AA LAV. I was pretty heavily damaged, and I threw up a smoke screen and booked it the hell out of there. Just as it was ending, I saw one last rocket being fired at me. Probably would have killed me. It could not have been closer.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Here we go! We won 2-0
lol.gif

GG Nekrono, shook my fist in rage at you a few times.

45 min round, holy fucking shit is that ever epic.

I take it the game is better with the larger ticket counts? Spl1nter suggestion right once again.

45 mins is probably to long, but with 64 players it looks like avg round time is 25-30 mins which is golden

LordCanti said:
If you guys haven't noticed: Our server is a buggy, crashy, piece of shit. We are at the end of our rope with Multiplay (our current host). Another 64 player server has been provided for us by Chapel, with the host EOreality. If we can fill it, and it doesn't exhibit any of the problems we've seen with Multiplay, we're switching and never going back. We're likely to switch anyway, as the customer support we've received hasn't really been top notch either. In other words, tonight when everyone is looking for a server, please play on this new server.

Link to the new server in Battlelog:http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf...e-e960db656c15/NeoGAF-Community-Server-Deuce/

To find it in battlelog, just search for Neogaf. It should be the only non-European result there.

Chapel great job on stepping up to the plate. Gives us enough time to see if the issue is server provider or DICE server software.

What is the location for the server you purchased?

While we test out the EOreality 64 player server I say we commission the multiplay server in a mixed mode 32 player server. We will have to take the ticket bonus off the server because of rush mode.

LordCanti

Spl1nter said:
45 mins is probably to long, but with 64 players it looks like avg round time is 25-30 mins which is golden

If the server goes back up, the ticket count would get set back to normal. We had to play 800 ticket market with maybe 30-40 people, and it was absolutely horrible. If you could do it on a per map basis it would be fine, but we can't right now. If it could scale by players that would be great as well.

Nekrono

Great news about the new server but I have to say... the one thing I liked about the "old" one is that my ping was around 50 and the new one is around 90 :(

Fellow GAF admins, the move to make the ticket count 600 was an excellent move.

Over.

Also, thanks for the quick server chapel. Although I am still frustrated at you for staying in corners with your F2000 and raping me when I walk by. THAT DOES NOT MAKE LEGATO HAPPY AT ALL.

achapel

fin said:
So server deuce is capped at 32 players?
No, I am trying to get players, and there is a way to do it by starting at max 4 players, then max 8, then max 16, and so on. The point is quickmatch wont send players if you are under half. It has worked so far, though trouble getting above 32 atm.

Great performance here in UK.

Really fun game just then, too - I got like 10 mine kills to bump me up to a total of 150. I also had a great killstreak of 9 before someone finally got me :(

Rapstah

Surveillance star get.

SOXYi.png

Realising that the MAV has road kills absolutely changed the game for me and increased my K/D ratio tenfold.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Great performance here in UK.

Really fun game just then, too - I got like 10 mine kills to bump me up to a total of 150. I also had a great killstreak of 9 before someone finally got me :(
fuck your mines bro. :3

Ajemsuhgao said:
[IMG*]http://i.imgur.com/R7wYY.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i.imgur.com/Vd4cG.jpg[/IMG]

So, this weird thing is happening for me. Out of nowhere, random crap pops up and stretches. This case wasn't all that bad, but...

[IMG*]http://i.imgur.com/DKLvH.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG*]http://i.imgur.com/TXKhZ.jpg[/IMG]

Sometimes this happens. Or even worse, it'll block out my whole screen. :\

Anybody else have this happen, or hear of this happening? It's not driver related as far as I know. Tried new and different ones, nothing works.

That looks like the exact same thing my old computer did before the GPU killed itself.

Orgun

I was on the deuce server while it was at 16 players on a small caspian map, quite surprised at how fun that was :)

Orgun said:
I was on the deuce server while it was at 16 players on a small caspian map, quite surprised at how fun that was :)

While large player count games can be fun, I find smaller ones much more intimate and slightly more intense. I feel some maps really shine with a smaller player count.

Top Bottom