• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth said:
I <3 pubbie jet pilots
tumblr_llrxldhizp1qf7xt8ic.gif

lol server crashed.

jaaz

I always try to switch to "the other team" to balance things out. No fun if all gaffers end up on the same team.

Nabs

Are admins able to randomly kill people? Every time I piss off an admin (knife, dao to the head, etc) I get a random "Bad Luck" death. It's pretty annoying.

Varna

jaaz said:
I always try to switch to "the other team" to balance things out. No fun if all gaffers end up on the same team.

Same here but it looks like all those fast people with SSDs are always on the US side. I'm always russian. :(

AKA: Losing team.

Nabs said:
Are admins able to randomly kill people? Every time I piss off an admin (knife, dao to the head, etc) I get a random "Bad Luck" death. It's pretty annoying.

Welp... this explains a lot. I've always assumed I got hit by an invisible 18 wheeler. Guess not.

Spl1nter

Ice Raven said:
how is this even tolerable?

Because the chances of it happen are extremely slim, and if you play on a good server (gaf server) it would never happen. (unless you break some sort of rule)

Spl1nter said:
Because the chances of it happen are extremely slim, and if you play on a good server (gaf server) it would never happen. (unless you break some sort of rule)

Oh wow, I just assumed the person was on the gaf server since that's what I associate this thread with in my head. Was pretty sad to hear that. Hope that's not the case like I assume now, now that you've pointed out the obvious.

1stStrike

Banned
Hero_of_the_Day said:
Oh wow, I just assumed the person was on the gaf server since that's what I associate this thread with in my head. Was pretty sad to hear that. Hope that's not the case like I assume now, now that you've pointed out the obvious.

The admins are all pretty hardcore. I highly doubt any of them would abuse their powers like that based on our discussions on mumble.

I haven't experienced it, on Gafs server or any others. So yeah, nothing widespread or anything.

My few games tonight people have been bitching about glitchers though. Not that I've noticed any for sure. Was someone with double digit kills and one death, that doesn't really prove anything though.

FStop7

Banned
The amount of bitching about a LOT of things has been the biggest turnoff for me. Bitching about mobile AA. Bitching about stationary AA. Calling people campers because they defend objectives discretely rather than run aimlessly or stand out in the open waiting to get shot. Bitching about IRNV. Bitching about snipers. Bitching about people who aren't instantly amazing pilots. It's actually kind of brought me down on the game after spending a lot of time playing for the past week. I'm not singling anyone out or even saying it's entirely the GAF community server where the bitchfesting takes place, but that is where I spend the majority of my time.

1stStrike

Banned
FStop7 said:
The amount of bitching about a LOT of things has been the biggest turnoff for me. Bitching about mobile AA. Bitching about stationary AA. Calling people campers because they defend objectives discretely rather than run aimlessly or stand out in the open waiting to get shot. Bitching about IRNV. Bitching about snipers. Bitching about people who aren't instantly amazing pilots. It's actually kind of brought me down on the game after spending a lot of time playing for the past week. I'm not singling anyone out or even saying it's entirely the GAF community server where the bitchfesting takes place, but that is where I spend the majority of my time.

Welcome to online gaming.

1stStrike

Banned
LordCanti said:
I crashed after Sunday Night Football ended. How did the EOreality server work out? Did it get filled up? Was it stable?

It crashed once, apparently. It was empty by the time I got off work at midnight =\

Jakeh111 said:
Did the GAF server IP change?

Read the last page or two in this thread.

1stStrike

Banned
LordCanti said:
Bahhhhhhh. Is there no host that doesn't have crashy POS servers for this game?

Pretty sure it's the software and not the host. I experience crashes on other servers too if I play on one long enough.

LordCanti

1stStrike said:
Pretty sure it's the software and not the host. I experience crashes on other servers too if I play on one long enough.

I'm starting to think that's the case. Great way to build a community DICE.

@Chapel - Do you have a money back guarantee? Might want to use it lol.

FStop7

Banned
FWIW Penny Arcade has two servers and both of them apparently have crashed, too. I think it's more and more a problem with the current state of the server software and less and less an issue with providers.

FStop7 said:
I don't know if it was a GAFer or not but last night someone wouldn't shut up about being "camped". Every single time he died he put "Just got camped" or something like that - did my head in! Then when I told him he sounded bitter he asked me how many caps I had taken and implied I was a camper out of the blue, haha.

I hope we don't get many randoms like that on our server. So annoying.

scogoth

Hero_of_the_Day said:

Most "Bad Lucks" aren't admin releated. They bad luck death happens in cases where you were suicided or teamkilled but indirectly. If you jump out of your jet and run yourself over thats sometimes a bad luck. If you are next to a wall that your moron tank driving team mate shoots and the debris kills you its a bad luck death. There is an area over damavand peak thats glitched and if you fly into it you are bad lucked to death. Really bad luck is dices way of saying, "this game is fucked up and we haven't fixed this yet"

commish said:
Reaching max level sucks though... I love always having the carrot out there.

But you still have to unlock all the class specific stuff. I don't like reaching higher levels this way either though. But boy, do I hate that carrot on shitty days.

Menelaus

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
I don't know if it was a GAFer or not but last night someone wouldn't shut up about being "camped". Every single time he died he put "Just got camped" or something like that - did my head in! Then when I told him he sounded bitter he asked me how many caps I had taken and implied I was a camper out of the blue, haha.

I hope we don't get many randoms like that on our server. So annoying.
One of the few reasons playing on consoles is superior. Join a party with your friends, and you don't have to listen to all the crybabies.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
One of the few reasons playing on consoles is superior. Join a party with your friends, and you don't have to listen to all the crybabies.

If only I knew a single living person in the flesh that wasn't gearing up for another Q4 FPS game release.

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
time to buy new friends!

I can barely afford myself. Not sure how I'd pay for friends.

I'm full of shit. I have no expenses. Unless you count the new TV I have to buy because this piece of shit Samsung is crapping out on me.

achapel

LordCanti said:
I'm starting to think that's the case. Great way to build a community DICE.

@Chapel - Do you have a money back guarantee? Might want to use it lol.
Even still, it lasted over 8 hours with activity, and at least four of those were under heavy load with up to 64 users.

The problem with the multiplay server is that it seems to crash too often. Like the last night we played on it, it crashed while full, and then crashed like an hour later when it started to fill back up. The new server crashed once, and was on the rest of the time.

I won't make the decision for the group, but I think we should give it more time. I really enjoyed playing on it, and outside of the one crash, it has been great. I didn't have to take it down for any kind of settings changes, just seems to work.

Also multiplay support sucks. I haven't had to use eoreality's, but it is something to take into consideration as well.

Menelaus said:
I like having a chatbox (albeit not the very ugly/intrusive one in this game) in PC FPS but yeah, it does mean you can't block out the idiots.

I would like to see maybe a development of a rule that banned accusations of camping etc to make a less hostile environment. That is after we've decided where/which server we're making our home, first and foremost, of course! :p

Just look up the infinite respawn exploit for the last mission. Roommate and I unlocked a bunch in just a few hours of grinding, and we were only playing long enough to get 60,000 a match. Some people play long enough to get 100k+ per round.

Deadly

Anton Sugar said:
Just look up the infinite respawn exploit for the last mission. Roommate and I unlocked a bunch in just a few hours of grinding, and we were only playing long enough to get 60,000 a match. Some people play long enough to get 100k+ per round.
Damn so this is how you did it. How much did time did 60k take to get?

Top Bottom