• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

LordCanti

Menelaus said:
You can break the laser lock if you break LOS, right?

I don't think so. I've locked onto tanks that then backed behind cover, and it didn't make a difference. Shell went right around the corner. Same with heli's and hills. If you haven't been locked onto you can break LOS and get out of it though.

Honestly I think it's one of the under used high end strategies in the game. You can make people in Heli's cry with a single tank, and all it takes is two people.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
scogoth said:
Need 5 to start, there are 6 gaffer on my friends list on random servers......... cmon people.

Yeah... sorry about that. I finally figured out how bind controls for my joystick last night. Was practicing flying helos with it in (ironically) empty servers.

I still suck at flying...

scogoth

You know what I love about this game? It rewards team work and communication making an unstoppable team.

You know what I hate about this game? When nobody you know is playing and you can't be a one man army.

1stStrike

Banned
scogoth said:
You know what I love about this game? It rewards team work and communication making an unstoppable team.

You know what I hate about this game? When nobody you know is playing and you can't be a one man army.

Yeah, not having friends to play with sucks D: I pretty much only play when gaffers play now, cause I'm so fed up with randoms.

1stStrike

Banned
*Joins a server*

*Score is 7 - 337 with my team at 7*

*Leaves and goes to the next server only to find... the same thing*

Sucks during the weekdays when I'm actually off, as everyone else is at work. And, naturally, I don't get to play during the weekends as I'm working :|

scogoth

1stStrike said:
*Joins a server*

*Score is 7 - 337 with my team at 7*

*Leaves and goes to the next server only to find... the same thing*

Sucks during the weekdays when I'm actually off, as everyone else is at work. And, naturally, I don't get to play during the weekends as I'm working :|

Join me in flying practice

LordCanti said:
I can try. Sec.

Edit: Nope. Procon won't go below 4 player start.

Ok 4 player then, I'll get striketh to join me and some others

LordCanti

scogoth said:
Join me in flying practice

Ok 4 player then, I'll get striketh to join me and some others

It may be set to one now. Did it in BF3CC, so take that with a grain of salt. If it works, I'll switch to a better map.

Edit: BF3CC wigged out and crashed. Sec.

LordCanti

Empty server has been re-purposed as "Flight training school" for a couple of hours. Until people get off work and we can actually get people in there.

(It was empty for many many hours prior).

What happened to Chapel's server? Why isn't it up?

achapel

LordCanti said:
Empty server has been re-purposed as "Flight training school" for a couple of hours. Until people get off work and we can actually get people in there.

(It was empty for many many hours prior).

What happened to Chapel's server? Why isn't it up?
Not sure why, but I restarted it. Will file a ticket to see why.

Its back up though.

achapel said:
Not sure why, but I restarted it. Will file a ticket to see why.

Its back up though.

Hey, I was gonna use procon yesterday, but noticed a disconnect between what it said the config was and what the server was actually doing. I.E. in Procon, the minimum player start was set very low (maybe 1?) but the game itself required 8. I also noticed that Cross hair was disabled in Procon. You seeing the same thing? BF3CC was acting the same way.

achapel

Anton Sugar said:
Hey, I was gonna use procon yesterday, but noticed a disconnect between what it said the config was and what the server was actually doing. I.E. in Procon, the minimum player start was set very low (maybe 1?) but the game itself required 8. I also noticed that Cross hair was disabled in Procon. You seeing the same thing? BF3CC was acting the same way.
Yeah, I don't use the procon configuration stuff. I use manual commands. That is how I know it is working how I want it. I just type them in the console.

There has been a disconnect for a while. One major disconnect being the max player limit, if you load a conquestsmall map on a 64 player server, it will make the server itself think its a 32 player limit but still allow 64 players. It is odd, gametracker thinks its 32 player limit, and rcon itself, but it is 64. Anyways, the more you know.

Still got about 13 pending members of NA Central GAF platoon whose names I can't find on GAF. I'm declining/clearing the list tomorrow, so please post your name here if you applied.

lol.gif

Fucking amazing, nice work.

Ok guys, I'm gonna say it. I'm burnt out on BF3. Idk wtf happened but that first week I played like 40 hours... now I can't stand to open battlelog.

Cuban Legend said:
Ok guys, I'm gonna say it. I'm burnt out on BF3. Idk wtf happened but that first week I played like 40 hours... now I can't stand to open battlelog.

Turn in your badge and gun. Both of them. You're off the squad.

Cuban Legend said:

buy skyrim. download nude lizard mods.

you'll be back for Karkand

Nabs

Cuban Legend said:

I'm looking for new ways to troll right now. I guess I'll play with C4 for a bit before heading back to Blops or Quake or something.

1stStrike

Banned
vitaminwateryum said:
Finally headshotted the pilot out of a moving chopper. Feels good man.

Nice! My thing right now is blowing up peoples vehicles with my shotgun. The vehicles with lighter armor such as jeeps and stuff take a good amount of damage from frag shells, so I just spam them with my shotgun and BOOM lol.

1stStrike said:
Nice! My thing right now is blowing up peoples vehicles with my shotgun. The vehicles with lighter armor such as jeeps and stuff take a good amount of damage from frag shells, so I just spam them with my shotgun and BOOM lol.

Can't wait to get those, gnarly damage.

I'm pacing myself with BF3 honestly, but I know I'll sink a serious amount of hours into it.

1stStrike

Banned
Megalodactyl said:
Can't wait to get those, gnarly damage.

I'm pacing myself with BF3 honestly, but I know I'll sink a serious amount of hours into it.

The saiga 12k with frag shells is amazing. I just destroy groups of people with it lol. The only downside is that if someone gets close to you the splash damage from the frag rounds will hurt you too - so you'll probably end up suiciding :p

Smokey

Whoever the fuck mcrae is don't get on my squad again. I'm screaming for ammo and herp derp you're the support class. You run RIGHT BY ME as I'm screaming ammo. I even say I'm at C and you argue with me (in the middle of the match mind you) saying "I don't even know where C is", "shoot less imo".

WTF

Dude even had a GAF tag get the fuck outta here.

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
Whoever the fuck mcrae is don't get on my squad again. I'm screaming for ammo and herp derp you're the support class. You run RIGHT BY ME as I'm screaming ammo. I even say I'm at C and you argue with me (in the middle of the match mind you) saying "I don't even know where C is", "shoot less imo".

WTF

You could of joined us on mumble and asked him where you can actually hear the context messages.

scogoth

Smokey said:

WTF

qq more, get in mumble

Smokey

Spl1nter said:
You could of joined us on mumble and asked him where you can actually hear the context messages.

what?

dude was in my squad. whether I typed or yelled "AT C" in mumble according to him he didn't even know where C was nevermind the fact that it spells it out for you in the UI. And he ran by me while I was sitting in C...so therefore he was at C.....

Play assault if you don't want to help people out.

Spl1nter

Smokey said:
what?

dude was in my squad. whether I typed or yelled "AT C" in mumble according to him he didn't even know where C was nevermind the fact that it spells it out for you in the UI.

Sounds like you were/are being a dick to be honest. Not everyone has played the maps a lot to know the points and the UI is convoluted to say the least.

Smokey

How's it being a dick when I ask for ammo and you're the support class in my squad ?! And he says "shoot less, imo" and I'm the dick? You for real right now?

Smokey said:
How's it being a dick when I ask for ammo and you're the support class in my squad ?! And he says "shoot less, imo" and I'm the dick? You for real right now?
get in mumble and straighten that shit out son

Spl1nter

[21:32:58] SmokeyGAF > ammo
[21:33:08] SmokeyGAF > at c
[21:33:56] SmokeyGAF > AMMPO
[21:34:22] SmokeyGAF > I love how mcrae44 ran right by me
[21:34:26] SmokeyGAF > as im screaming out ammo
[21:34:28] SmokeyGAF > gg
[21:34:43] mcrae44 > i dont even know where c is
[21:34:49] SmokeyGAF > u ran right by me
[21:34:53] mcrae44 > and when you said it i looked on my minimap and you werent ther
[21:34:56] SmokeyGAF > i even shot at u
[21:35:13] mcrae44 > shoot less bullets imo
[21:35:19] SmokeyGAF > smh
[21:35:30] SmokeyGAF > still no ammo
[21:35:31] SmokeyGAF > GG

The guy didnt see you. Its hard to notice when people need health/ammo in the game. If you wanted it, you should of got on mumble or type into chat to specifically ask him to drop ammo.

Both of you could of done better.

Smokey said:

This whole thing could have been avoided if you were in Mumble.

SUCK IT UP, POLLYANNA.

Top Bottom