• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm down to play some today. Too bad I got kicked out of the GAF squad randomly last night. Come on guys I didn't think I was doing that horrible. Feels bad man.

derFeef

Lots of people seem to be having problems, funnily enough this patch seems to have fixed all my problems lol. I no longer crash on my first boot and coop works.

Went from working fine to not working at all for me. Black screen at first start, EA server disconnects, CTD.

1stStrike

Banned
I'm down to play some today. Too bad I got kicked out of the GAF squad randomly last night. Come on guys I didn't think I was doing that horrible. Feels bad man.

Were you on mumble? If not, that's probably why, cause they regularly kick people that aren't from their squad :p

Spl1nter

The NeoGAF Multiplay server time period has expired. This means the mumble server we have been using that is associated with the multiplay server has been disconnected as well. We are going to transition to using the NeoGAF mumble which contains a Battlefield channel.

IP = chi.eoreality.net and port = 64739

Ignore all those HoN and LoL losers.

Nabs

Hey man, those HoN losers can add a squad or two at any given time. I ended up playing with 12 of 'em by just sitting in the BF3 room.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Spawning into gunfire is tonight's "why do I like playing this?" moment for me so far.

Also, have EA disabled auto squad join? Or is it just a server feature that everyone seems to have turned on?

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Jesus Christ, those auto-shotguns with Frag ammo are fucked up. I'm getting severe Akimbo 1887 flashbacks here.

LordCanti

Alright. I'm ready for a bf3 marathon tonight. Will be ordering our new server, too.

VaderNooooooooo.gif

Wait until Chapel's is about to run out. No sense in paying for a few weeks we won't use. Unless there are Black Friday deals or something.

Getting a mumble server today might make sense though.

(I'll be playing a lot tonight, starting around 10 central, or 3 hours from now. Have to watch Super 8 right now.)

LordCanti

Movie ended early. Looks like no one is around though, or at least not playing.

Anyone up for some games? Need to test out the guns I unlocked in the mode that shan't be named.

Edit: Just got into a server with a guy that had an auto-headshotting pistol (through walls I think). Begun, the hax wars have.

Movie ended early. Looks like no one is around though, or at least not playing.

Anyone up for some games? Need to test out the guns I unlocked in the mode that shan't be named.

Edit: Just got into a server with a guy that had an auto-headshotting pistol (through walls I think). Begun, the hax wars have.

As long as I can stop my constant DC's, would be more than happy to join up with people tonight.

akira28

I'd join the squad but I'm so horribly suck that I'm embarrassed to represent the GAF on my tag. I'm trying to not plug in my 360 controller. I just remember mouse and kb being so much more accurate back in the days of BF2.

LordCanti

I ran into a funny hacker while we were playing today. Somehow he's able to get knife kills from long distances. He knifed me while I was flying inside a helicopter, and he was on the other side of the map :p

Punkkkkkkkbusttttttterrrrrrrrrrr!

scogoth

I ran into a funny hacker while we were playing today. Somehow he's able to get knife kills from long distances. He knifed me while I was flying inside a helicopter, and he was on the other side of the map :p

Dude not hacking, he's just that good!

Rapstah

Actual knife kills, or just "bad luck" kills with the knife out, or just kills where the game thought he was using the knife when in fact he was using something else? The second would be admin abuse and the third would be the game bugging.

derFeef

Yes you can
Simple as that, eh. Two players with the same capapilities, one with IRNV and one without, both lying in the bushes, searching for victims. Guess who makes the kill first.
Edit: I am talking about the same situations where a IRNV provides a huge benefit over those without. Of course you can kill those too, but there are situations where you are in the adverse circumstances if your enemy has the IRNV.

scogoth

Simple as that, eh. Two players with the same capapilities, one with IRNV and one without, both lying in the bushes, searching for victims. Guess who makes the kill first.
Edit: I am talking about the same situations where a IRNV provides a huge benefit over those without. Of course you can kill those too, but there are situations where you are in the adverse circumstances if your enemy has the IRNV.

I never said same capabilities. I said play better than the other guy. Also, why are you lying in bushes instead of completing objectives? Maybe thats why you get killed all the time by IRNV.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jesus Christ, those auto-shotguns with Frag ammo are fucked up. I'm getting severe Akimbo 1887 flashbacks here.

I'm waiting for another balance patch or back to Karkand (whichever one comes first) before I start playing again. I've gotten sick of most of the maps and the constant crashing.

I never said same capabilities. I said play better than the other guy. Also, why are you lying in bushes instead of completing objectives? Maybe thats why you get killed all the time by IRNV.

I hide in bushes all the time on Caspian and defend caps like a mofo.

You don't have to be moving to add to the objective.

JoeMartin

A completely unreasonable line of reasoning, Scogoth. Why have different camos at all if the only one that matters is the spec ops camo because that's the only one that affects the scope that everyone is using. And why offer any kind of environmental camouflage (i.e. bushes/grass/leaves) if it'll be more of hindrance to the guy using it for cover than the guy with an IRNV that can see right through it no problem?

Don't get me wrong I use the IRNV on every gun, but that's just the point, isn't it - why should I feel obligated to put an IRNV on literally everything? The scope as it stands is essentially legitimized hacks. It lights up players like Christmas lights in any lighting condition with any camo (pretty much even the spec ops camo too) in any environmental backdrop at any range. The thing is an enormous crutch that does the game no favors. If anything it drastically lowers the real skill potential as it makes identifying and engaging targets an elementary task (in turn marginalizing the usefulness of things like the flash suppressor and silencer, since the scope pretty much turns your body into a constant muzzle flash).

scogoth

A completely unreasonable line of reasoning, Scogoth. Why have different camos at all if the only one that matters is the spec ops camo because that's the only one that affects the scope that everyone is using. And why offer any kind of environmental camouflage (i.e. bushes/grass/leaves) if it'll be more of hindrance to the guy using it for cover than the guy with an IRNV that can see right through it no problem?

Don't get me wrong I use the IRNV on every gun, but that's just the point, isn't it - why should I feel obligated to put an IRNV on literally everything? The scope as it stands is essentially legitimized hacks. It lights up players like Christmas lights in any lighting condition with any camo (pretty much even the spec ops camo too) in any environmental backdrop at any range. The thing is an enormous crutch that does the game no favors. If anything it drastically lowers the real skill potential as it makes identifying and engaging targets an elementary task (in turn marginalizing the usefulness of things like the flash suppressor and silencer, since the scope pretty much turns your body into a constant muzzle flash).

My line of reasoning is I don't use the IRNV, I use the mini-map and can tell where people are before I'm even in line of fire. I kill them because I know where they are before they see me and since my scope comes up quicker than them they die. And for campers I always play in a squad so even if I'm blind sided and die, my squad kills him and I get revived. Your right it is a crutch and breeds bad players; means more kills for me. It's not over powered or necessary, as I said just play better than them.

Top Bottom