• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

But you do bring up a good point, and so do they.

Why don't we have joint nights. We seem to never get over 15 or so and they have the same problem, why don't we coordinate and maybe if we reach 30 we can get randoms to fill the rest.

Sometimes on our server, sometimes on theirs since both are paid for with hard earned money.

What does GAF think in general?

I am in favor of this!

Sounds epic!

Menelaus

Banned
Sounds fine, but won't happen. Like I said, [H] is a boneyard. If anyone has any contacts with another gaming community, I'm all for it.

scogoth

Drunk scogoth is best scogoth.

Not at all, I'm way better when I'm drunk...... oh wait. DAMN IT.

To further our intelligent discussion:

J'ai la quequette qui colle
J'ai les bonbons qui font des bonds
Dansons sur le pont d'Avignon.
Viens avec moi dans la clairière
Tu verras de quoi elle a l'air
Et si tu montes jusqu'au grenier
Tu pourras la toucher
Joyeuse comptine et farandole
J'ai la quequette qui colle !

Norua

Banned
You just invited me to see your penis in a meadow. That's the kind of bond that only exist between men on the battlefield. I have to buy beers for friday.

Deadly

Not at all, I'm way better when I'm drunk...... oh wait. DAMN IT.

To further our intelligent discussion:

J'ai les bonbons qui font des bonds
Dansons sur le pont d'Avignon.
Viens avec moi dans la clairière
Tu verras de quoi elle a l'air
Et si tu montes jusqu'au grenier
Tu pourras la toucher
Joyeuse comptine et farandole
J'ai la quequette qui colle !
holy shit I know this song

drexplora

I wanna get into playing BF3 with a decent group of people.
So far the 60 or so hours ive put into the MP portion of the game have been with randoms in random servers, and while fun i know im missing out on the true BF experience playing with a semi organized team vs a semi organized team at the least.

This coming monday ill try to join up 9pmEST.

Any servers or tips on finding good teamplay servers, or players that are down?

AndyD

aka andydumi
If nothing else, join mumble and listen even without a microphone. And the GAF server has people on it almost every night, or GAFers play together on a non GAF server.

Apparently I missed an interesting drunk night last night.

Menelaus

Banned
I vote we turn the server into a Kharg or Karkand 24/7 server, just to get some people on it regularly. Maybe if folks add it to their favorites, they'll come around when we mix up the rotations.

scogoth

is there a mumble password on the server? it is asking me for one

No. If you registered your username with the mumble server then you need a password, but its one you would have created.

Is there any possibility that having the round start with only 1 player is holding back quickmatch?

No DICE allows 1 player starts with quick match since the last server update. I have seen quick match joiners on our server with 1 player start as well.

PC gaf, my punkbuster seems to not be updated, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PB with all of the updaters, manually putting the updated pb files in my BF3 folder, nothing works. Keep getting kicked with this error over and over:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'elrechazao' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.287) - Error loading pbcl

Any help?

PC gaf, my punkbuster seems to not be updated, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling PB with all of the updaters, manually putting the updated pb files in my BF3 folder, nothing works. Keep getting kicked with this error over and over:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'elrechazao' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.287) - Error loading pbcl

Any help?

This is a current problem that DICE is looking into. There's a big message about it on Battlelog near the top.

Seriously?
That's what I've been doing since the beginning. M320 works better as it reloads faster and isnt as clunky.

<3 my 2000+ kills with the m320 while maintaining a 50% accuracy :D

Too bad I quit this sucky game weeks ago after accumulating 225hrs of play-time

Well I have 54 hours, and it's been spaced out, so its new to me. You going to be attending community night?

LordCanti

Seriously?
That's what I've been doing since the beginning. M320 works better as it reloads faster and isnt as clunky.

<3 my 2000+ kills with the m320 while maintaining a 50% accuracy :D

Too bad I quit this sucky game weeks ago after accumulating 225hrs of play-time

Be honest now; What is the actual number of hours you've played, if you add the alpha and the beta? :p

mr_nothin

Banned
Be honest now; What is the actual number of hours you've played, if you add the alpha and the beta? :p

Ha, honestly it's probably 400 hours at the absolute minimum. During those last 150-200 hours though...I had to come to the sad realization that this isnt the game I thought we would end up with, and one that i wanted, back during those "Glorious Alpha Days" (ha).

Alpha > Final game for me still. I'm still mad about the repositioning of the mcoms in the park on Metro + all the cover they added.

i haven't really played shooters on PCs for years and bought this game yesterday... wow i'm absolutely crap :D after something like 2 hours of play i had a k/d ratio of 0.7 and lost almost every match (even though i tried playing for the team and not camp around solo).

for the first time in years i actually burst out laughing at something that happened in a mp game; i was confident i could fly the chopper so i went for it, with 2 people on board... goes well at first, but then i realize i don't know what the fuck i'm doing and i try to fly to safety and land so someone else can fly it, so i'm trying to land but the chopper is tilting way too much to the right and i fumble it and crash into some shallow water almost sideways, so i jump out, but the chopper keeps going fast sideways on the ground with its rotors chopping down trees lol, and i see the two other guys jump out of it while it's mowing down forest. i can only imagine their faces hahah.

i couldn't help but laugh at myself. hilariously noobish behavior, just embarrassing. i think i gotta watch some instruction video or something on how to maneuver the chopper properly...

i hope when i can play the game like a normal person i can join on some GAF action.

Alex Tru

Neo Member
Hello everyone. I've applied to the NeoGAF NA East Bravo Platoon, My Battlelog Soldier is Alex_Tru. I'm not particularity good at this game to be honest but I'm lucking forward to playing with some GAFers if you will have me.

Menelaus

Banned
You're a mean old lady, you know that?

VV7Bm.gif

Menelaus

Banned
Interestingly, my thread on [H] prompted this response from one of their community leaders. I'll continue to see if we can get some of them interested in a home & away community night situation.

LordCanti

Ha, honestly it's probably 400 hours at the absolute minimum. During those last 150-200 hours though...I had to come to the sad realization that this isnt the game I thought we would end up with, and one that i wanted, back during those "Glorious Alpha Days" (ha).

Alpha > Final game for me still. I'm still mad about the repositioning of the mcoms in the park on Metro + all the cover they added.

They definitely toned down the gunplay for the beta and retail releases. People don't go down nearly as easily as they used to =/

Honestly my biggest problem with the game is DICE. They don't seem to care about fixing bugs at all. They also make "fixes" to gameplay that don't fix shit (I got blinded by a flashlight in broad daylight while playing with GAF yesterday, despite them "nerfing" it).

I'm not burned out yet though. We do need to fix the community situation though, which brings me to...

Interestingly, my thread on [H] prompted this response from one of their community leaders. I'll continue to see if we can get some of them interested in a home & away community night situation.

He doesn't really mention us specifically. Are you sure he's interested in group nights?

His statements pretty much echo our experiences though. A lot of work went into setting up the server, the platoons, etc, and at the end of that work we've got an empty server (that is paid up through most of the year if memory serves) and only a handful of regular players. There are a ton of people that donated to get the server going, that have never been seen in an actual game. It's mind boggling :p

Top Bottom