• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Norua

Banned
Are you kidding me? Norua lives and breathes this game. He is EuroGAF. All of it. Just him. One man army
Damn right. All I need is my rifle, a glass of wine and a plate of cheeses.

And two Canadians abandoning me for jets at the beginning of every round.

Seriously.... norua does some damage on the field. I almost feel bad for the opposing teams seeing some of you guys wreck stuff....almost.

Menelaus

Banned
5DrtH.jpg

And of course the Mumble server that everyone is too good to use: NeoGAF Community Mumble Server chi.eoreality.net:64762

Smokey

so is the GAF PC following for the game dead? :(

hardly anybody plays on the gaf server anymore...i have been out oft he game since december or so due to pc problems so maybe something has changed...

Im having a really hard time trying to enjoy this game playing solo, other than TDM :(

Im looking for partners, I play daily from Monday to Thursday between 7 Pm and 9 Pm eastern time, anyone interested :)?

Pm me

Thanks

scogoth

Im having a really hard time trying to enjoy this game playing solo, other than TDM :(

Im looking for partners, I play daily from Monday to Thursday between 7 Pm and 9 Pm eastern time, anyone interested :)?

Pm me

Thanks

Add me splinters and norua. Get on mumble when you play. We play 3-5 nights a week

AndyD

aka andydumi
Always enjoyed playing TF2 with the guys over at [H]ardForum, so I pimped our server over there yesterday. It was met with surprising vitriol.

I have been on H longer than GAF, and H is a lot like GAF in its pride. That said what you did is pretty poor forum manners considering they have their own servers they like to run. It would be the same as GAF being filled with ads for servers run by other forums and it would probably be frowned upon here as well.

Menelaus

Banned
I have been on H longer than GAF

So have I. Back when I was way into TF2, we had a good mix of Anandtech and [H] guys all playing together, and no one gave a damn. Good players tend to like good players. Hell, lots of forums even used to have rivalry nights.

Bad manners my ass, gaming ain't no serious thang (and to be fair, [H] is a freaking boneyard these days).

Menelaus

Banned
Also, they did raise an interesting point. Might get the server fully pop'd if we reduce it to a single map. Then of course we swoop in on community night and mix up the rotation and hope we don't lose half the server.

AndyD

aka andydumi
So have I. Back when I was way into TF2, we had a good mix of Anandtech and [H] guys all playing together, and no one gave a damn. Good players tend to like good players. Hell, lots of forums even used to have rivalry nights.

Bad manners my ass, gaming ain't no serious thang (and to be fair, [H] is a freaking boneyard these days).

I was there for the TF2 too, but posts like this don't help in fostering any sense of gaming community.

lol, [H] is a clan now? maybe that's why your server is full 24/7, right?

go ahead and post something over there. Your account won't get approved for 6 months to a year, but PM me on here when it is so I can check out your sick burn.

Sorry for trying to include a group of guys I've enjoyed playing games with in the past into our group of well-mannered gentlemen on GAF.

AndyD

aka andydumi
But you do bring up a good point, and so do they.

Why don't we have joint nights. We seem to never get over 15 or so and they have the same problem, why don't we coordinate and maybe if we reach 30 we can get randoms to fill the rest.

Sometimes on our server, sometimes on theirs since both are paid for with hard earned money.

What does GAF think in general?

Why don't we have joint nights. We seem to never get over 15 or so and they have the same problem, why don't we coordinate and maybe if we reach 30 we can get randoms to fill the rest.

Sometimes on our server, sometimes on theirs since both are paid for with hard earned money.

I think that is an absolutely awesome idea and I am all for it.

scogoth

Mondays nights at 9pm est. switch servers weekly

LordCanti

I'd be for it. It sounds like combining our two communities would still leave us short of players though.

I know that two communities isn't a huge sampling size, but it sure does seem like this game has a serious problem with keeping players on the PC. There was a surge after Karkand came out, but then it just died.

tn2007

I have finally seen the light!! i got the PC version guys. My Battlelog Soldier is soldier name "Dark_Wanderer_28". I have applied to the gaf platoons. So please add me to the gaf platoons. Thanks

Top Bottom