• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth

They definitely toned down the gunplay for the beta and retail releases. People don't go down nearly as easily as they used to =/

Honestly my biggest problem with the game is DICE. They don't seem to care about fixing bugs at all. They also make "fixes" to gameplay that don't fix shit (I got blinded by a flashlight in broad daylight while playing with GAF yesterday, despite them "nerfing" it).

I'm not burned out yet though. We do need to fix the community situation though, which brings me to...

Even with a shitty game the community can make it fun, like BC2 was after a year. My biggest issue is the main BF3 thread, its all qq and stupid comments. Thank god the community in this thread and the guys who get on mumble are much better. I'm sure once all the qqers leave it'll be much more fun to play.

Even with a shitty game the community can make it fun, like BC2 was after a year. My biggest issue is the main BF3 thread, its all qq and stupid comments. Thank god the community in this thread and the guys who get on mumble are much better. I'm sure once all the qqers leave it'll be much more fun to play.

How do you get on the Mumble? Since I'm in a squad with you guys pretty often, I guess I should hook up my headset and join in :)

BTW, what happened to Legato? I never see him playing with us anymore.

scogoth

How do you get on the Mumble? Since I'm in a squad with you guys pretty often, I guess I should hook up my headset and join in :)

BTW, what happened to Legato? I never see him playing with us anymore.

EKlh9.png

Mumble has been used for much of PC GAF's online communication. Please visit this thread for information on downloading and configuring Mumble.

EDIT: Fixed

Dunno haven't seen him around in a long time.

LordCanti

EKlh9.png

NeoGAF Community Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762

Mumble has been used for much of PC GAF's online communication. Please visit this thread for information on downloading and configuring Mumble.

Dunno haven't seen him around in a long time.

That's the mumble we never use, isn't it?

There are so many people that were active in the pre-release thread, that haven't been seen since. Hell, the guy that made the BF3 OT (who has a monster computer) has never played with us as far as I know.

Oh and before I forget: If you come on mumble, make sure you've joined the right channel, or we won't be able to hear you. There were people playing with us tonight that were on mumble, but in the wrong channel.

Lupurnican, Norua, Spl1nter, Scogoth and myself are playing now if anyone wants to join.

EDIT: Two system crashes in one playthrough. Done for now, gg's.

LordCanti

Lupurnican, Norua, Spl1nter, Scogoth and myself are playing now if anyone wants to join.

EDIT: Two system crashes in one playthrough. Done for now, gg's.

I know this pain first hand. My computer is rock solid, unless I'm playing BF3. Full system crashes are rare compared to the infinite loading screen of death though.

Both are awful, especially if there are more than four gaffers around, because having to restart the game generally means losing your position in the squad (which happened to me, and then Norua, yesterday).

Not trying to brag, but I NEVER have system crashes nor game crashes on Battlefield 3 except at launch. Take that as you will. Perhaps there are some hidden stability issues that could be resolved on your system(s).

LordCanti

Not trying to brag, but I NEVER have system crashes nor game crashes on Battlefield 3 except at launch. Take that as you will. Perhaps there are some hidden stability issues that could be resolved on your system(s).

It's a pretty well documented problem. As far as I know, the cause hasn't been isolated.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489519166780/

As for the complete system crashes/lockups/etc, this is the only game it's ever happened on. I can play hours upon hours of skyrim, and nothing. Same with Rage/Crysis 2/etc. I'm fairly certain it's just DICE's shitty, shitty code :/ or EA's, since Origin is in the mix.

It's a pretty well documented problem. As far as I know, the cause hasn't been isolated.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489519166780/

As for the complete system crashes/lockups/etc, this is the only game it's ever happened on. I can play hours upon hours of skyrim, and nothing. Same with Rage/Crysis 2/etc. I'm fairly certain it's just DICE's shitty, shitty code :/ or EA's, since Origin is in the mix.

I used to have that problem rarely. But it never happens anymore.

One thing I know about BF3 is that you can't overclock as high as other games or it'll introduce stability. I run slightly lower OC's on my GPU for Battlefield 3 because the game can be somewhat sensitive.

I know this pain first hand. My computer is rock solid, unless I'm playing BF3. Full system crashes are rare compared to the infinite loading screen of death though.

Both are awful, especially if there are more than four gaffers around, because having to restart the game generally means losing your position in the squad (which happened to me, and then Norua, yesterday).

Yeah dude, only happens when I play BF3. I'm gonna do some hardware checks, regardless.

We still on for Community Night, right? I'll be a bit late (gotta run some errands after work) but count me in for a few hours. Should be on by 10 PM CST at the absolute latest.

Yeah dude, only happens when I play BF3. I'm gonna do some hardware checks, regardless.

We still on for Community Night, right? I'll be a bit late (gotta run some errands after work) but count me in for a few hours. Should be on by 10 PM CST at the absolute latest.

I'll be there, I'll seed the server, or are we going to be roving band of destruction on some other servers?

I'll be there, I'll seed the server, or are we going to be roving band of destruction on some other servers?

I presume we'll try seeding first, and choose depending on how that goes.

I did update the Insane Balancer plugin, so hopefully we don't get any weird balancing. It sounds like their "white list" feature works as well, so I think we may be able to set up reserved slots?

Good games tonight, got some good footage of GAF teamwork-age, mostly with Bullet. At least he accepts me for who I am, Spl1nter.

GAF left me on the opposite team on this last match.

I was #1 player and my team won. GAF anti-stacked themselves. *one man army*

Fucccck yoooooouuuuuuu
lol.gif

Seriously, our team blew. I think our GAF squad capped as many points as the rest of the entire team.

Good games tonight, got some good footage of GAF teamwork-age, mostly with Bullet. At least he accepts me for who I am, Spl1nter.

Fucccck yoooooouuuuuuu
lol.gif

Seriously, our team blew. I think our GAF squad capped as many points as the rest of the entire team.

My face when I realized that GAF-team was sucking ass and I was #1 on my team:

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

LordCanti

Yeah we completely slipped past them, took two crucial (vehicle spawning) points, and then got fucked because no one on our team bothered spawning in to hold them.

We raped the entire rest of the night though :D

Best moment for me was when our packed transport chopper got rammed into right after takeoff, and half of the team had to swim to land. Splinter and a few others had to run rescue missions to save our nearly drowned team. Epic.

Top Bottom