• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Norua

Banned
Scogoth & Splint :

I'm alive! But my internet isn't. Well, my router isn't to be precise. I sent you guys messages on Battlelog last monday from a friend's house, but once again Battlelog chat is failling us (or trolling us).
Everything should be fixed in a few days (hopefully tomorrow, if not, then this week-end). Will you two be on this week-end or are you going away? I demend maple syrup for my return.

7ueAz.jpg

PS: By the way Splint, the four TML losses? I couldn't watch the games. I told you i'm the lucky charm.

LordCanti

Turns out the input lag on my old TV was extremely high, and it made the gunplay in BF3 feel a lot looser than it actually is. The only bad news is that I found this out by playing on an old CRT monitor that I temporarily plugged in, and have no desire to continue using.

Conundrums. I has them.

Sorry if this has been asked cause I have been busy and not been able to play but I'm trying to again.

But I got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick so I can fly, but the game doesn't seem to detect it and it doesn't work...I'm new to joysticks so am I missing out on something?

scogoth

Sorry if this has been asked cause I have been busy and not been able to play but I'm trying to again.

But I got a Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick so I can fly, but the game doesn't seem to detect it and it doesn't work...I'm new to joysticks so am I missing out on something?

Make sure it's plugged in before the game is launched and install the drivers for logitechs site or the drive cd. I have the same one and works perfectly with the game.

Make sure it's plugged in before the game is launched and install the drivers for logitechs site or the drive cd. I have the same one and works perfectly with the game.

Actually it looks like you can't have a 360 controller and a joystick in at once. So now it is detected but I don't have any key bindings. Thanks!

btw...you got any key bind suggestions? I am new to the stick and lost on what to do lol

like, i can't even get off the ground. I'm trying to set pitch up/down whatever with the stick but it seems like there's only like Axis 1 Y and Axis 1 X. Like I said I don't know what it means :( trying to find out

i think I'm figuring this out, feels good. only thing that bothers me is when I turn on afterburner the communications menu opens up...I unbinded all joystick keys for on foot and in vehicle and unbinded all keyboard keys from jets. not sure what the deal is...

alright i have it more or less figured out, just need practice. although it feels pointless cause everyone can home in on me and has better equipment already :(

Max

I am not Max
So is there a remedy to the constant stuttering I get with my 560ti yet?

Seriously, looking at the Nvidia forums you can see a lot of 560 bf3 problem threads :/

LordCanti

So is there a remedy to the constant stuttering I get with my 560ti yet?

Seriously, looking at the Nvidia forums you can see a lot of 560 bf3 problem threads :/

Just learn to accept the bugs. They aren't going anywhere.

...he said as he got the loading screen bug for the millionth got'damn time.

Max

I am not Max
I've had absolutely zero problems with the game other than this constant stuttering that showed up out of nowhere just recently. Although it did occur around launch.

akira28

I'm just pissed because it seems everyone doing kb/m can fly much tighter and with more control than I can with a joystick.

I'm just pissed because it seems everyone doing kb/m can fly much tighter and with more control than I can with a joystick.

I'm doing much better now. But I'm starting to think KB/M is better for Helis, I keep embarrassing myself flying Helis because it's a little different.

I still need to figure out how to be more efficient with turns

scogoth

I'm doing much better now. But I'm starting to think KB/M is better for Helis, I keep embarrassing myself flying Helis because it's a little different.

I still need to figure out how to be more efficient with turns

pull back and throttle down to turn heli tight

scogoth

Anyone else a leader for NeoGAF NA west? I'd like to hop on the clan ...

I think its only chapel and he's gone mia. We don't really use the clans at all because about 95% of the people who signed up for them in the first week never played more than 2 hours.

Best way to play with gaffers and is get on mumble and play with us on Monday nights at 9PM EST. Also add myself, Spl1nters, Norua, Anton_Sugar or BulletSmurf.

LordCanti

I think its only chapel and he's gone mia. We don't really use the clans at all because about 95% of the people who signed up for them in the first week never played more than 2 hours.

Best way to play with gaffers and is get on mumble and play with us on Monday nights at 9PM EST. Also add myself, Spl1nters, Norua, Anton_Sugar or BulletSmurf.

Yeah, it's probably time for a new first page banner that says "Come play with us Monday nights at 9 EST" instead of the one we have now that makes it seem like anyone is ever on the server, or that we have clans full of dudes playing round the clock.

Hell, we might as well donate the rest of the server donations to Child's Play, and salvage a little bit of dignity :p

scogoth

So it's just Mondays? Have you guys tried doing a nightly invite like the TF2 group does? That gets that server going from empty to full/near full within minutes every night.

Anybody interested, my BF3 name is the same as my GAF handle.

Tried that. Takes a good 20 to get a bf3 going. Theres a core group of us that play 5-6 days a week but it's only enough for a squad or 2.

LordCanti

Why do you think that is?
Is that a reflection on the game or is it common here on GAF?

The game launched with show stopping bugs. We'd get the server full and then it would hard crash. We'd fill it back up, and then it'd hard crash again. Even if the server wasn't crashing, the game would crash on people, or they'd get disconnected from EA (which still happens). Basically it launched half baked, and I honestly think it kneecapped any potential community that might have formed around the game. People that donated thirty, forty, even fifty dollars to the server fund were never seen in game past maybe the first week. All pre-release excitement pretty much evaporated, and we were left with basically the people Scogoth mentioned, and a few others that are seen from time to time. We usually get at least a couple of squads going on Mondays though, so it's not as if the community is dead, but...well, any hopes of filling our own server are pretty much buried.

Didn't his brother used to play with us as well? It's like the entire Chapel family got disconnected from the internet.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Well, if it helps at all, I'm coming back to the game next week once I get new PC equipment in. I could never play in any games more than 32 players without frustrating lag (and most of the time, I couldn't play in 32 player games without a good deal of lag either). Still, I think I did pretty well for myself despite being at a severe handicap. Now that I'm getting a brand new quad core and some faster RAM, I should be able to play the game reliably on pings greater than 15ms and in Conquest Large to boot!

Finally gonna get some shit killed!

Mazdarati

Neo Member
The game launched with show stopping bugs. We'd get the server full and then it would hard crash. We'd fill it back up, and then it'd hard crash again. Even if the server wasn't crashing, the game would crash on people, or they'd get disconnected from EA (which still happens). Basically it launched half baked, and I honestly think it kneecapped any potential community that might have formed around the game. People that donated thirty, forty, even fifty dollars to the server fund were never seen in game past maybe the first week. All pre-release excitement pretty much evaporated, and we were left with basically the people Scogoth mentioned, and a few others that are seen from time to time. We usually get at least a couple of squads going on Mondays though, so it's not as if the community is dead, but...well, any hopes of filling our own server are pretty much buried.

Yeah, I remember the frustration from the server crashes, but was it enough to abandon the game so soon?
I find it incredible that people spent so much on their computer, on the game, and even donated $ to not play it after a week.

commedieu

Banned

Will do, thanks :)

akira28

I dunno about community night, but maybe if the server was set to more that 4 players it would show up on more lists and people would play it more? I dunno. I know it expands once you get more players, I was on the other night with about 5 randoms. The first two seemed to just be killing each other for points, but we showed up and ruined their fun.

scogoth

I dunno about community night, but maybe if the server was set to more that 4 players it would show up on more lists and people would play it more? I dunno. I know it expands once you get more players, I was on the other night with about 5 randoms. The first two seemed to just be killing each other for points, but we showed up and ruined their fun.

We tried that too, didn't work at all.

LordCanti

We tried that too, didn't work at all.

Yeah, pretty much this.

The only way to get a server full is to have maybe 20 people on it to start, and then wait for quick joiners to fill in the rest. Having it set to a low number, or the full 64, really makes no difference, as long as there isn't enough people to seed it.

Top Bottom