• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

So, it would seem that this community isnt quite dead, but it is definately on life support, I motion that we move community night so it doesnt overlap with SC2 night.

Any one in favor?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So, it would seem that this community isnt quite dead, but it is definately on life support, I motion that we move community night so it doesnt overlap with SC2 night.

Any one in favor?

SC2 nights are Wednesdays. Isnt BF3 nights Mondays? Haven't been around last few Mondays due to work or being busy :/

SC2 nights are Wednesdays. Isnt BF3 nights Mondays? Haven't been around last few Mondays due to work or being busy :/

It just seems to me like we are short of players because of it, I mean, I love SC2 too, trying to break out of bronze right now myself, but I'd hate to see this community wither on the vine as well.

How about we have a few days? more chances for people to jump on? Lets hear those suggestions people!

LordCanti

It just seems to me like we are short of players because of it, I mean, I love SC2 too, trying to break out of bronze right now myself, but I'd hate to see this community wither on the vine as well.

How about we have a few days? more chances for people to jump on? Lets hear those suggestions people!

Man, we barely fill a squad on the one community night we have per week already. I'm not sure that adding additional nights is the answer.

If Monday is SC2 night, I wouldn't mind changing to another day though.

Ketch

I just applied for the GAF West Platoon, my battlefield soldier's name is targeteasy

Got karkand for $7 off amazon... excited to test out my new rig in multiplayer instead of lonely campaign.

Meh . . . Splinters, Scogoth, you guys disappoint. I'll keep fighting the good fight for our squad until you guys return.

This is the only game I'm into right now, shoot me a msg if you see me on and want to squad up.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Yall can blame me. I started playing BF3 and they remembered how awesome I am and started to want to play more games with me like sc2 :(

Who's in charge of the NeoGaf East platoon? Is he active? I can take over if he's not. I love this game, and would like to keep it going if you guys want to as well.

Or maybe we just consolidate both the E and W into one platoon of active players.

Who's in charge of the NeoGaf East platoon? Is he active? I can take over if he's not. I love this game, and would like to keep it going if you guys want to as well.

Or maybe we just consolidate both the E and W into one platoon of active players.

Let's do that. No need to have different ones. Maybe we should just make a new one if we can't get control of those platoons?

Ketch

wow already that dead huh? Well at least I got karkand on sale then. I kinda play randomly during the day or whenever.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
I shall set that up when I get back from my trip, with that actual name :) I like it . . . Its nice and snarky. Anyone want to volunteer for 'Leader' positions to help manage?

I'll help. I actually have my own 16 slot server for another community I play with, but we don't get much use out of it since the other groups in the circle aren't really PC BF3 players for whatever terrible reason. If we ever wanna play Squad Rush against some other community or host our own Close Quarters maps when the expansion hits, we have a server in New York.

scogoth

I'll help. I actually have my own 16 slot server for another community I play with, but we don't get much use out of it since the other groups in the circle aren't really PC BF3 players for whatever terrible reason. If we ever wanna play Squad Rush against some other community or host our own Close Quarters maps when the expansion hits, we have a server in New York.

We have about $800 dollars in funds for server renting so were good for that. Getting it filled thats a different matter.

LordCanti

Battlefield 3, better known as "The thing tiding me over until Diablo III"

If I could get into the beta, I wouldn't even still have BF3 installed :p

Sco/Splint: So you guys aren't coming to any more community nights?

hellclerk

So anyone playing tonight? Butterstick still hasn't created that Active BF3 GAF platoon yet, so I might have to do the deed...

So anyone playing tonight? Butterstick still hasn't created that Active BF3 GAF platoon yet, so I might have to do the deed...

Feel free to do so! The next few weeks are going to be busy as hell for me, so you might be more on top of it than I am. I'm sick with a fever, and feeling kind of unmotivated to set it up as well :(

So much fun watching SirButterstick glitching. When I asked him politely: "oSirButtersticko... Stop glitching?", and him then insulting me by saying "shut the fuck up noob" and some other beautiful words, it makes me happy to play with other gaffers.

Keep on rocking.

hellclerk

Alright, setup the platoon and finished up the emblem for the Active Soldier platoon.

If you play something resembling regularly, please hop in. And if you're active enough to officer, that would be cool too. I have to do dishes now, but if you're playing tonight, hop into mumble and I'll be right there.

Hey, I just realized some of you might have tried to get into the active member platoon, but I soon realized that I couldn't tell if anyone was from GAF because I didn't see any GAF platoons so I kicked some guys.

Please PM me if you want into the platoon first. If I kicked you, sorry, but I don't wanna fill it with a bunch of randoms. Just PM me and reapply, I'll get you back quick.

LordCanti

Did community night happen? I figured with all of Canada-GAF out (not to mention France-GAF and Anton), there'd be no one showing up.

I don't mind it at all, to be honest. What I mind is/was his attitude towards a very simple question. I guess saying "shut the fuck up" is completely justified here at GAF as well.

Oh please. You were being just as much of a dick as everyone else in that lobby, so cut it out with the persecution complex. In fact, if you want to play this game, you were running your mouth implying how you couldn't wait to run back to GAF to 'tell mommy', so knock it off already.

You were basically accusing me of cheating.

scogoth

some dudes were telling me to join the mumble on the front page and i did and nobody was there, bit of a mix-up going on here lol

Which mumble server. There are two, our bf3 only one and the gaf community one. We basically stopped using the bf3 only one.

Oh please. You were being just as much of a dick as everyone else in that lobby, so cut it out with the persecution complex. In fact, if you want to play this game, you were running your mouth implying how you couldn't wait to run back to GAF to 'tell mommy', so knock it off already.

I dunno man I'm pretty sure you do cheat
or was it the general bf3 population just suck

hellclerk

Did community night happen? I figured with all of Canada-GAF out (not to mention France-GAF and Anton), there'd be no one showing up.
Yup. Me, pennybags, butterstick and bewbs were tearing some Chicago server last night. Should have made it, we had some great games. Prosthetic came in later in the night, but it was only me, pennybags, and bewbs on mumble. D:

some dudes were telling me to join the mumble on the front page and i did and nobody was there, bit of a mix-up going on here lol
Pfft, it's just the general community mumble chat. We were trying to get you on that one. I don't think I've been on the GAF BF3 mumble since launch...

Next time you're on, hop on Battlefield channel here: chi.eoreality.net:64762
I'll join in if you're there next time I play.

Chillax butterstick. You play this game probably more than any other Gaffer and you can't take any ribbing? C'mon man, have a bit of a skin! :p

Top Bottom