• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

scogoth

is there a server some gaffers play on "frequently" ?

Nope we have just added each other as friends and play on whatever server is available. We don't have enough turn out to fill a server regularly.

Some people to add:

mr_nothin (likes hardcore cause he's weird)
oSirButtersticko
Anton_Sugar
BewbPhysics101
BulletSmurf
CorranHorn85
DTKT
HDGaming42
Lupurnican
Norua
Pennybaggz
Spl1nters'

There are some more euro gaffers that play but I don't know who cause we rarely play at the same time (except norua, crazy frenchman)

^Yeah, I try to play everyday, and if you get a message/PM to me, I'll hop on Mumble and play whenever I can. I play at least 3-4 nights a week. Join us!

Pennybags

Nope we have just added each other as friends and play on whatever server is available. We don't have enough turn out to fill a server regularly.

Some people to add:

mr_nothin (likes hardcore cause he's weird)
oSirButtersticko
Anton_Sugar
BewbPhysics101
BulletSmurf
CorranHorn85
DTKT
HDGaming42
Lupurnican
Norua
Pennybaggz
Spl1nters'

There are some more euro gaffers that play but I don't know who cause we rarely play at the same time (except norua, crazy frenchman)

Reminds me, I need to play more.

I'd also like to know if we're ever going to get an announcement of some damned content. Y'know, considering that time DLC news was coming "next week".

BF3-2 announced

scogoth

Reminds me, I need to play more.

I'd also like to know if we're ever going to get an announcement of some damned content. Y'know, considering that time DLC news was coming "next week".

BF3-2 announced

What about that patch that was supposed to release before those dicks at EA remembered ME3 is coming out.

LordCanti

I'd be shocked to learn that DICE wasn't already working on something else, whether it's Medal of Honor or Bad Company. I'm sure there is a skeleton team coming up with one more DLC pack (have to milk desperate people before moving on) but who knows when they'll finish. There's no mod tools, so they know they've got us by the balls in terms of any future DLC anyway.

Assuming that some way to unlock pre-loaded copies of Mass Effect 3 doesn't come out, I'm still in for community night tonight. 9est/8cst Anyone else in?

This is not a bad idea!

I'm just sad that we sprung for 6 months in advance. Who knew, right?

Assuming that the money hasn't already gone to the Anton_Sugar-hookers-and-blow foundation, it wouldn't be a horrible thing to do.

Donos

going to add you all. Kirtan is my ingame name. I want to invest at least 1-2 hours every evening after work.need my AS VAL :(

I'll be down for playing tonight, got a lot of work cleared from my plate.

Assuming that the money hasn't already gone to the Anton_Sugar-hookers-and-blow foundation, it wouldn't be a horrible thing to do.

Well, I didn't not spend it on hookers and blow.

We still have $466.76. I wouldn't mind donating it somewhere...it's a shame, though :( We tried.

LordCanti

Well, I didn't not spend it on hookers and blow.

We still have $466.76. I wouldn't mind donating it somewhere...it's a shame, though :( We tried.

http://childsplaycharity.org/donate

Maybe if we explain it to Gabe and Tycho, they'll do a strip about our colossal failure good deed.

Actually...no...I don't want that. I don't want that at all.

Make the donation care of "NeoGAF Battlefield 3 PC Community Failure Fund"

And then write it off on your taxes *trollface*

Spl1nter

http://childsplaycharity.org/donate

Maybe if we explain it to Gabe and Tycho, they'll do a strip about our colossal failure good deed.

Actually...no...I don't want that. I don't want that at all.

Make the donation care of "NeoGAF Battlefield 3 PC Community Failure Fund"

And then write it off on your taxes *trollface*

While childs play is nice, its 99% based in the US. What about utilizing an organization such as Kiva, helps people worldwide and we receive most of the money back in time. Could be used to fund the BF2143 server!

LordCanti

Up yours Canadians, that money is going to sick American children. They need it more than your universal health cared children or impoverished third world country merchants do.

I'm still open to spending that money on hookers and blow. How many hookers/how much blow could we get for $400?

scogoth

Up yours Canadians, that money is going to sick American children. They need it more than your universal health cared children or impoverished third world country merchants do.

I'm still open to spending that money on hookers and blow. How many hookers/how much blow could we get for $400?

I appreciate the need to entertain sick children (I was one of them when I was younger) but I think there are more important things to donate to.

one hour

Four decent ones--perfect for rewarding GAF ACE squad!

This is in USD, of course. Brothers to the north would probably have to split one.

Biff

The average publicly matchmaked co-op partner is retarded.

I can't beat Drop Em Like Liquid because every moron I play with keeps trying to shoot baddies before the game tells us to, resulting in the hostages being killed.

LordCanti

The average publicly matchmaked co-op partner is retarded.

I can't beat Drop Em Like Liquid because every moron I play with keeps trying to shoot baddies before the game tells us to, resulting in the hostages being killed.

I played through the co-op missions with someone on mumble, and we still had a shitload of problems trying to get through them.

Edit: Guys, I hate to say this, but it looks like ME3 is playable now. How do we all feel about Tuesday community night?

scogoth

I played through the co-op missions with someone on mumble, and we still had a shitload of problems trying to get through them.

Edit: Guys, I hate to say this, but it looks like ME3 is playable now. How do we all feel about Tuesday community night?

Its people like you that cause BF3 to be a broken game. I hope you feel good about yourself.

LordCanti

Its people like you that cause BF3 to be a broken game. I hope you feel good about yourself.

You could almost say that I'm a....

Renegade.

ZiCXP.png

Tell you what; If there's more than one or two people in mumble right at 9, I'll play for a bit. The past couple weeks it's been me and Anton left to fend for ourselves while you bastards played SC2 :p

Edit: Actually, Origin wants to update, and I'm not so sure that's a good idea right now (due to the whole playing the game I bought a day early like a rebel thing).

Biff

Finally beat Drop Em Like Liquid.

Found an idiot co-op partner who was willing to stick it out. It took 5 tries total, each one of them he shoots before he's supposed to.

Everytime he was the cause of our failure, I punished him by killing him and dancing on his body when we spawned back in. I actually think he finally got what I was saying. Kind of like a dog.

Fuck you DICE for no text chat during co-op.

Fuck youuuuuuu and Ass Effect too.. I mean three.

mr_nothin

Banned
5 days with no posts... talk about depressing. WTF happened, BF3 PC GAF?

Fuck DICE
No point in trying to play this game with some psuedo-teamwork. I'd rather just keep lone wolfing like I have been and turn my brain off a little bit and just accept what I paid $60 for. The patch WILL make the game a little more enjoyable, if they dont take too much out of that patch note list.

There's no point in fighting a battle that's already been decided. I give up and just accept the game for what it is. BC:MW4

akira28

Yeah it's official, all my friends have abandoned the game. wtf. At least the pleasure of Javelin popping a jeep full of people will never leave me.

Couldn't even get everyone to agree on a team chat program. Couldn't get them to even try mumble. They liked Team Speak or Skype and they were both kinda crappy. And then the servers split the groups almost every game. I guess the whole competition versus time table thing made them force the game out before it was ready, I dunno. But it's really showing, regardless of how many people purchased it.

scogoth

Fuck DICE
No point in trying to play this game with some psuedo-teamwork. I'd rather just keep lone wolfing like I have been and turn my brain off a little bit and just accept what I paid $60 for. The patch WILL make the game a little more enjoyable, if they dont take too much out of that patch note list.

There's no point in fighting a battle that's already been decided. I give up and just accept the game for what it is. BC:MW4

LOL its funny cause you think theres a patch!

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
So is tonight supposed to be community night? I wouldn't mind getting into a squad that's actually decent for once. Since upgrading my rig, I've gotten MUCH better, but it's depressing when you're the only guy on the team playing the objective...

LordCanti

I'll play if people show up. No one on Battlelog right now though.

Edit: No one on mumble, no one on Battlelog; I'm calling it. Off to watch Game of Thrones Blu-Ray's.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Had a fun time tonight. Don't think I've enjoyed BF3 that much, well, ever, and I already enjoy it quite a bit. Hope to play again soon. :D

Top Bottom