• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 PC Community Meetup

Yeah. Most of the people who were going bowling bailed so it was just my core crew. I can hang with them any time I like without having to injure my wrist, so I passed on the bowling and instead went out and hit the bar with them after.

I'm playing now if anyone wants to join, though I AM using my own personal mumble server though. It's 206.217.128.154:2837 if anyone wants to join

Just finished our round(s) when you jumped in. Might catch you tomorrow...

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Had some really productive games last night. Thanks HD and burner. It just amazes me how much you can get done with a competent and communicating tank crew. :D

LordCanti

We all playing tonight? I expect plenty of bitching about the lack of a patch.

I'm over it. My efforts are now aimed at getting into the Diablo 3 beta, and continuing to bitch about Mass Effect 3's ending.

I should be around for community night though. The first time I get the loading screen bug, I may flip out and toss my computer through a window. If I'm there one minute and gone the next, you guys will know why.

scogoth

I'm over it. My efforts are now aimed at getting into the Diablo 3 beta, and continuing to bitch about Mass Effect 3's ending.

I should be around for community night though. The first time I get the loading screen bug, I may flip out and toss my computer through a window. If I'm there one minute and gone the next, you guys will know why.

why the game is almost out.

LordCanti

Whaaaaat? Lotsa people can't get on until 9, brah.

Did we move community night back an hour?

I've got half a season of Game of Thrones left to rewatch on Blu-Ray ;_;

This was me for half an hour, lest anyone doubt my loyalty:

LkUYG.gif

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Battlelog update today. Looks like there's a new feature in the works. Matches? Maybe clan type stuff? Or one on one? Not sure though. Looks interesting.

Also, it looks like the PS3 got some shortcut packs. Damn, I hope they don't offer those for PC... It's not that I'm against people not working for their unlocks, it's just that it doesn't force the player to learn to play the game and try out new guns as they come. Unlocking isn't some noble way to play, it's just your lesson on how to play the game.

Battlelog update today. Looks like there's a new feature in the works. Matches? Maybe clan type stuff? Or one on one? Not sure though. Looks interesting.

Also, it looks like the PS3 got some shortcut packs. Damn, I hope they don't offer those for PC... It's not that I'm against people not working for their unlocks, it's just that it doesn't force the player to learn to play the game and try out new guns as they come. Unlocking isn't some noble way to play, it's just your lesson on how to play the game.

I'd be willing to bet the shortcut packs are coming to PC. Same thing happened with BC2.

Good games last night, really wish I'd recorded them. Had some great moments, even when we lost.

With the increased suppression and suppression fixes for stuff like the heli gunner everything is blurry now.

Gotcha. On one hand, it sounds pretty annoying, but on the other, it sounds like the suppression mechanic will be more important in firefights. I can't even remember the last time I used the COVER perk.

LordCanti

Good games guys.

I've got bugs now that I never had before. When I die, I get a black screen for about a fifth of a second. When I change the size of the minimap, I get a black screen. I also still get the loading screen bug.

Rage face. Rage face all day, erry day.

"How do you take water from damage?"

scogoth I sent you a friend request and applied to Bravo platoon. Now that my PC is officially overqualified for BF3 I've been playing it a lot. Despite what my veteran status says this is my first Battlefield game (aside from a few hours of Vietnam in 2004), and with only 37 hours logged I'm still a noob. With that said I am improving, and I'm itching to finally* get some use out of my PC 350 and experience what this game is like with proper team communication. I'm hoping you're welcoming weak babies like me. My name is Dragon164z, which is what I use on everything but here (I apparently signed up here a long time ago with that name but never got an email because I used my yahoo account).

By the way, is it considered uncouth to use semi-auto sniper rifles with HOLO scopes in team deathmatches? I've been doing that lately to power through the recon unlocks because I want to use the M98B, but last night some guy called me a "bad player" because of it. I asked him if he was mad and his response indicated that he was, so I'm wondering if this is unscrupulous.

*I originally bought it for StarCraft 2 but somehow that fell into my backlog and I haven't used it outside of a few TF2 games.

scogoth

scogoth I sent you a friend request and applied to Bravo platoon. Now that my PC is officially overqualified for BF3 I've been playing it a lot. Despite what my veteran status says this is my first Battlefield game (aside from a few hours of Vietnam in 2004), and with only 37 hours logged I'm still a noob. With that said I am improving, and I'm itching to finally* get some use out of my PC 350 and experience what this game is like with proper team communication. I'm hoping you're welcoming weak babies like me. My name is Dragon164z, which is what I use on everything but here (I apparently signed up here a long time ago with that name but never got an email because I used my yahoo account).

By the way, is it considered uncouth to use semi-auto sniper rifles with HOLO scopes in team deathmatches? I've been doing that lately to power through the recon unlocks because I want to use the M98B, but last night some guy called me a "bad player" because of it. I asked him if he was mad and his response indicated that he was, so I'm wondering if this is unscrupulous.

*I originally bought it for StarCraft 2 but somehow that fell into my backlog and I haven't used it outside of a few TF2 games.

Join active gaf platoon too

Top Bottom