• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

fritolay

Is there DLC coming out next week for XBOX One?

Edit - Found this...

GET SECOND ASSAULT FIRST ON XBOX ONE
Battlefield 4™ Second Assault will be available post launch first for Xbox One consumers. This Premium expansion pack will feature four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, redesigned to take advantage of our advanced Frostbite 3 engine and enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4.

Second Assault will be released as a timed exclusive for Xbox One at the console's release on November 22.

Battlefield 4 is available for pre-order for Xbox One now.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/second-assault

Edit - Also if you have premium and there is a double XP event for a weekend, if you use double XP from a battle pack, do you then get 4 times XP?

Kadayi

Banned
Was watching some CoD:Ghost multiplayer videos, and it looks like it's almost as buggy as BF4 is. Seems Activision also pushed out CoD: Ghost a little early to compete with BF4.

It's some Gift of the Magi shit...if only the two could have talked and agreed to release each a little bit later, both fanbases would have better experiences.

Great. Whatever the choice consumers get fucked. Way to go Big business.

Just got my copy of BF4 for PS4. So soon now GAF, so soon now....Seriously though, I am dying to get some Battlefield in. Haven't played BF3 in months and my trigger finger is twitching. Soon....

I'd hold out playing until they do the updates and patching. Save yourself a lot of unnecessary heartache.

Remmy2112

It's some Gift of the Magi shit...if only the two could have talked and agreed to release each a little bit later, both fanbases would have better experiences.

Would never have happened, at least for Ghosts. Call of Duty has always released in very late October to early/mid November for every installment, save for possibly some early series expansions. Activision has always targeted the holiday season and had a shortened development time compared to certain other (urgh, I hate using this term) "AAA" developers/publishers. This is even accounting for the fact that they have A team/B team releases with Infinity Ward and Treyarch releasing on alternating years, and a crapload of other studios being thrown into the mix since Modern Warfare 3.

Well DICE, congratulations on the worst battlefield ever. Smoke+Knife is no longer better then bullets, I'm out.

Out of all the reasons for disappointment or outright quitting Battlefield 4 since its launch I think that takes the cake for silliest/pettiest.

Spl1nter

Well DICE, congratulations on the worst battlefield ever. Smoke+Knife is no longer better then bullets, I'm out.

iB1eRcG8LDYHV.gif

Weenerz

Banned
I have the PC version, if I decide to pick up the PS4, will my battlelog information transfer over or do I have to start over from the beginning in multiplayer?

Divus

My teammates have been brutal the last 20-25 games. I think I have won 6. Been doing really well but my other people on my team have been going 3-24 or so on average.

Doesn't matter how good you are when you get stuck with people like that. I watch them surround a flag on all sides and won't take one step in to cap it. :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who's the badass that arms the bombs...
That's a sex machine to all the dudes?
SEKS!
Ya damn right

gg Sanjay. I'm so glad we got B after I yelled at ya'll to go for it. They copied out arm order down to the details until you grabbed that bomb, ran up and stopped, I grabbed it ran up the stairs to A and yelled "ARM IT DAMN IT" for them to arm it.

SO CLOSE. But OMG so sweet.

Stop knifing from the front. I wanted to yell at you when I saw you get knifed for me to shoot him (and couldn't revive you since you were knived I guess) because they can counter knife this outing.

SIDES AND BACKS. SIDES AND BACKS. This isn't BC2 where you can rush up to someone and vortex them in the face.

TheSeks

What happens here exactly, a person swings with a knife from far away and it registers damage?

Netcode.

Scogoth was kniving him from the side in his game, Splinter sees him (enemy) prone as that's what he said he was doing. Server goes "nope, you were being knived." Knive from prone.

Sanjay

TheSeks

This copy from Target doesn't have the yellow China Rising banner and from what I can tell has a different bar code on the back. Is not getting China rising a huge deal? What am I missing out on if I keep the Target copy?

No, if you're planning to get premium (which you really should if you're planning to play the game for 1-2 years) you get China Rising with that for free anyway, so it's redundant. Go for whatever is cheaper if you're getting premium. If not, get China Rising for the one free map pack.

Was watching some CoD:Ghost multiplayer videos, and it looks like it's almost as buggy as BF4 is. Seems Activision also pushed out CoD: Ghost a little early to compete with BF4.

I think Activision just wanted to get the game out before it released the PS4 and Xbone versions. They probably figured hey we can get a lot of people to buy current gen and then pay us even more when they buy next gen because people can't wait for COD and they'll buy it just to play for a week and a half.

EA just have easily might have had the same mentality

Sanjay

This fucking game. All the more infuriating because the design itself is brilliant. But it fucking crashes every other match. EA's game advisors are clueless fools armed with boilerplate tech "support" and seem determined to do anything to get rid of you, including insisting that you unplug your router and reboot. I have Nvidia's latest drivers. PB is up to date and Windows firefall allowances are properly configured. No other program is running, and yet the shit locks up again and again. No setting adjustments prevent the crash. And those of us who experience this particular crash are hardly alone: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-keeps-crashing-on-PC/td-p/1724995/page/165 To add insult to injury, it's impossible to receive a refund and you better bet that if you reverse the credit card charge EA will ban you from future Origin purchases and perhaps from accessing all other products you've also paid for. If this shit isn't fixed, though, I'm prepared to never play another EA game again. If that's the price I have to pay, so be it.

I got this same issue and it drove me crazy for 2 hours, I ran my GPU at vanilla settings and played the game at medium settings, lower then I can play the game and so far its more playable now, when it does crash, its when the map is loading and not during a game.

Yeah, I'm pretty much at my limit on how much longer I can stand the crashes. Always when I'm doing good

Yeah, I'm gonna let the bun bake in the oven for a bit. I've got to level 23 and I'll just let DICE get the game up to an acceptable level of quality. I shouldn't have 5+ crashes in 2 hours of playtime. It's really discouraging and I love the game, but I'd rather play it when it's more stable.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Most of the guys I play with have decided to shelve it until a client patch is released.

Is it that bad? Haven't had time to really dig into it, but noticed it seems to take forever to level up. Wish stuff was unlocked from the start... I'll probably never see half the weapons as I loose interest way before that happens.

sflufan

Banned
Is it that bad? Haven't had time to really dig into it, but noticed it seems to take forever to level up. Wish stuff was unlocked from the start... I'll probably never see half the weapons as I loose interest way before that happens.

Yes, it is THAT bad.

In regard to leveling up, it's actually a bit faster than BF3 and if you use the XP boosts you get in the Battlepacks, you'll level up at a good pace.

fritolay

Netcode.

Scogoth was kniving him from the side in his game, Splinter sees him (enemy) prone as that's what he said he was doing. Server goes "nope, you were being knived." Knive from prone.

I see. Or is it simply player is in middle of knife attack and during this you do not take damage? Either way I can see the frustration.

Spl1nter

I see. Or is it simply player is in middle of knife attack and during this you do not take damage? Either way I can see the frustration.

Pretty sure it was just a normal knife kill animation. Just a really awesome one since the guy was prone that involved two huge swings. Once someone on your team is knifing someone the opposing player cannot take damage. That way the kill isnt stolen. Would kind of suck if it wasnt that way.

Also the animation is a lot easier to distinguish in 1080p 60fps. Its a pretty awesome one. Also I did get an assist counts on kill as well. But it was from damage before animation.

TheSeks

Knives animation isn't invulnerable. The attacker initiating it can be shot enough times/killed before getting the tag to protect the victim. I don't see why out wouldn't work in reverse and someone can put enough bullets into the victim to have "assist counts as kill" because they did more damage.

If we had a private server I'd say it'd be easy to test to know for sure but I doubt people are going to shoot someone someone else is knifing to troll for kills.

Is there DLC coming out next week for XBOX One?

Edit - Found this...

GET SECOND ASSAULT FIRST ON XBOX ONE
Battlefield 4™ Second Assault will be available post launch first for Xbox One consumers. This Premium expansion pack will feature four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, redesigned to take advantage of our advanced Frostbite 3 engine and enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4.

Second Assault will be released as a timed exclusive for Xbox One at the console's release on November 22.

Battlefield 4 is available for pre-order for Xbox One now.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/expansion-packs/second-assault

Edit - Also if you have premium and there is a double XP event for a weekend, if you use double XP from a battle pack, do you then get 4 times XP?

Looking forward to it. A serious amount of this game is going to be played that weekend (if it doesn't crash all the time!)

Spl1nter

Easier to distinguish version of the animation. You can see him getting teleported into correct position for the animation as the start. Its a great animation, completely hilarious and vicious.

it7NjwfUJ5lCq.gif

Spl1nter

Another highlight of the night, more so because silversun started yelling we were going to crash/die as I went for the road kill and than the laughter over it.

iGXxFJzIlH58Y.gif

Also seks, beached boat is beast boat!

ibxMGgvBC916hG.gif

TheSeks

HOOOOLY shit, there's a TV missile in the boat and the TV missile is able to be controlled easily this outing?

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Always the sideways locked gunner, never the pilot! D:

I did laugh when you popped back in and were like "MY BOAT!" And I'm like "Yeah, but their boat is back up, so get in the respawned boat and take it out, damn it!"

Heysoos

Another highlight of the night, more so because silversun started yelling we were going to crash/die as I went for the road kill and than the laughter over it.

Also seks, beached boat is beast boat!

ibxMGgvBC916hG.gif

God damn, I wish I could control the TV missile like that, the slightest adjustment always sends it off too much for me.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Let's GIF mania it up. There is a little known superman hack that allows you to fly short distances

iwGgBSn2LDQvR.gif

I've accidentally encountered this a few times. Once while I was in a building with my back facing the windows. All of a sudden I shot backwards out of the building.

TheSeks

I've accidentally encountered this a few times. Once while I was in a building with my back facing the windows. All of a sudden I shot backwards out of the building.

Had it happen while trying to climb a rock on launch day on Parcel Storm. Shot/skipped across the water until I stopped it by pressing forward. Had a "WTF" look on my face during it.

These gifs are awesome. I just had a blast playing with some randoms. We won like 8 in a row until some of them started leaving. Why do people have to have lives where they have responsibilities and places to be in the morning? Who's idea was that

I have a doctors appointment and work after at 8 in the morning but ah who cares

I finally unlocked some carbines but I think I might prefer the assault rifles. I'm going to keep using the unlock the better ones but I just wasn't feeling them for some reason. Could be the beers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom