• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can choose how much time you want to Shadow record. It's on the settings.

Hmmm, I thought there was a 10 min hard cap. Does manual recording record until you tell it to stop, or does it cap it at what you set?

how do i make the aek manageable, i can tell it's a beast of a gun but in stock settings it's completely out of control even in burst mode

Compensator (the one that controls barrel sway) / Angled Grip / INRV 1x or 2x. I've been ripping people apart with that setup on Flood Zone. It's a chainsaw if you burst fire it. Tap out 5-8 round bursts.

NIN90

Call me crazy but I liked BF3's maps more than these. Yes, even vanilla BF3 maps.

It's probably because I don't come to BF for the large scale vehicle battles. I prefer the mostly infantry based class-centric combat with some vehicles here and there.
BF3 and especially the Aftermath pack catered much more to my preference.

I just hope they have an expansion pack similar to Aftermath. I love those maps. Sounds like China Rising isn't what I'm looking for. :(

Grief.exe

Holy shit, the M249 has almost no recoil :(

Are all LMGs like that now?

Probably using a Muzzle Break + Angled.

Call me crazy but I liked BF3's maps more than these. Yes, even vanilla BF3 maps.

It's probably because I don't come to BF for the large scale vehicle battles. I prefer the mostly infantry based class-centric combat with some vehicles here and there.

I just hope they have an expansion pack similar to Aftermath. I love those maps. Sounds like China Rising isn't what I'm looking for. :(

Everyone who enjoys infantry combat is inclined to agree.

Too much drama. Lets talk about the game. What is everyone's favourtie carbine?

I have everything unlocked except the type 95b which is garbage stats wise. For me the aku-12 hands down is the best. At 1000rpm in burst mode, the low recoil makes it one of the best guns in the game. Great at all ranges. Got a heavy barrel on it to make it even more accurate.

My question is how do I even unlock a carbine. Is there a certain class I need to use or will I get one once I reach a certain level? I usually just start out running assault and run through all the weapons then switch to engineer and so on. I'm only at like a level 13 so I'm still just getting started.

Everyone who enjoys infantry combat is inclined to agree.

Eh. I didn't like many of BF3's vanilla maps... but I do wish it was easier to run around on foot in this game. It's damn near impossible with tanks, LAVs, helicopters and attack boats murdering you randomly. It's especially frustrating when you're in the middle of a heated gun battle and all the sudden some LAV rolls up out of nowhere and kills you.

As much as I like assault rifles, it's too hard to justify going assault with no anti-vehicle capabilities. I'm always running recon or engineer now in conquest.

HelloMeow

It's pretty easy to avoid the vehicles. There are plently of routes where vehicles cannot go, or where they are completely vulnerable.

RoKKeR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MknLARblrDQ

Don't know if this has been posted, but Angry Joe goes fuckin' OFF.

It's glorious. Dude is piiiiiiiiiiiisssssssed.

Damn, good on him. BF4 is an embarrassing release for EA and DICE. But it sounds like he has some information about EA's part in stiff-arming DICE into releasing early which is completely unsurprising. Next gen and beating CoD to market were a perfect recipe for a rushed game.

I don't really play with tanks or air vehicles very often. I'll play around with that stuff more later but right now I'm just having fun killing and capturing objectives on foot. I mainly play domination. I like that they kept that in and am really enjoying the maps. I like how destructable they all are. By the end of some of my matches there are no more buildings left. I get used to it then when it cycles back to that map I get confused by how different everything is.

I like Aftermath and the Close Quarters ones a lot. I'd definitely like to see some more maps like those

zma1013

Seems like there's surprisingly less cover around for infantry in BF4 compared to BF3 vanilla maps. There would always be something within a short distance to hide behind in BF3. BF4 feels more like BF3 Armored Kill, where it was pretty much a requirement to be in a vehicle, else you were stuck traveling long distances over open ground without any way to protect yourself.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Does Premium ever go on sale? Should I just bite the bullet and buy it now, or could I reasonably expect a sale sometime in the next few months?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
This post made me laugh more than it should have. And no, not because of the console thread...

That was the point that Dream is missing, but kudos for getting that I'm being a sarcastic ass toward ya'll.

Dreamgazer said:
If you really want to help, I feel that you, faceless and I should just actively state that we're boycotting the console thread or something.

At this point I honestly don't care what ya'll do. If Evolved, Olimpia, etc. are scared to talk in a thread that has PC-players, I dunno what to tell you. The whole arguments they make is pretty stupid. If ya'll are going to split, then split, but don't sit there hemming and hawwing about it. And frankly, I don't want ya'll to split because other console/PC shooter titles like Call of Duty doesn't do that. But if ya'll feel the need to get away from the few "spec, PC trouble" posts to discuss the game when the game is being discuss 99% of the rest of the time? I dunno, more power to ya'll. *shrug*

Spl1nter said:
Too much drama. Lets talk about the game. What is everyone's favourtie carbine?

I've been using the default AKS-12(?) since it's an AK line of guns. It isn't the AK-74M or AK-47 or AKS-74U, but it's decent all the same.

The assault rifle variant: I'm not really feeling, and that's supposed to be the successor to the AK-74M. :/

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What in the fuck.

1iioy0.gif

The Patient Rocket (BIZARRE KILL)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hahahaha, bad timing on that jet. I wonder if the rocket would've broke the loop eventually or timed out and disappeared otherwise.

Facism

just had a round where i neutralised flag A, only to have an enemy literally SPAWN in front of me 5 seconds after neutrality was confirmed. POP! spawned, had spawn protection, 1hk on me, 26 hp left despite spraying him with the ak12.

My question is how do I even unlock a carbine. Is there a certain class I need to use or will I get one once I reach a certain level? I usually just start out running assault and run through all the weapons then switch to engineer and so on. I'm only at like a level 13 so I'm still just getting started.

Have to use Engineer until you unlock the AK5C. Once that's unlocked it's free to use on all classes and as long as you use a carbine you'll continue to unlock more carbines.

DarkFlow

Banned
lol I find the servers that get mad if you curse funny. You're playing a game about killing people, but god forbid you say fuck.

lol I find the servers that get mad if you curse funny. You're playing a game about killing people, but god forbid you say fuck.

It does seem ridiculous, but I get why people put those rules in place, it just prevents hate chat from escalating. I play on one server with a 2 strike and you're banned for a day rule.

Bread

Banned
fuck these fucking attack boats on paracel storm fuck fuck fuck

I'm the only one on my team shooting at them and it makes me want to stop playing.

lem0n

Just got this Alienware and this was my first experience with a game that isn't 5 or so years old- I have a bunch of old games on my Steam. I installed it, found out that it can run mostly Ultra settings, and started Story (I know, lol)

That was my first next-gen experience, and it was glorious

I can't wait to get into multi. This is my first real Battlefield game, and for sure my first actual FPS on PC. Been a console guy(still am) all my life.

I'm just in shock at how beautiful it was. Then I fell off the ship on the USS Titan level and the game crashed >_<

DarkFlow

Banned
Just got this Alienware and this was my first experience with a game that isn't 5 or so years old- I have a bunch of old games on my Steam. I installed it, found out that it can run mostly Ultra settings, and started Story (I know, lol)

That was my first next-gen experience, and it was glorious

I can't wait to get into multi. This is my first real Battlefield game, and for sure my first actual FPS on PC. Been a console guy(still am) all my life.

I'm just in shock at how beautiful it was. Then I fell off the ship on the USS Titan level and the game crashed >_<

Only in Battlefield!

Don't worry, I was lolling at "Alienware."

lem0n

$500? did this fall off the back of a truck?
Took a huge gamble with private sale. Might as well have though, it was brand spanking new!

Edit: I was watching this on craigslist for weeks. Not sure why it didn't sell... I bought it from a guy in a high-end neighborhood though, so I don't think so haha.

DarkFlow

Banned
Took a huge gamble with private sale. Might as well have though, it was brand spanking new!

Edit: I was watching this on craigslist for weeks. Not sure why it didn't sell... I bought it from a guy in a high-end neighborhood though, so I don't think so haha.

Hey, whatever works. I would have jumped on that also. What CPU does it have?

Grief.exe

Lol all you want but it's got a GTX 660, 16gb ram, 2tb hdd and bluray, all for $500. I don't care what brand it is ;)

Damn.

Is it in one of those small form-factor set ups meant for an HTPC? Or is it full size?

The HDD is probably fairly slow, what RPM is it?

lem0n

That's a great deal for an Alienware, which means it's an appropriate price for a mid-range gaming PC. Maybe stolen, but that's not your fault.
Yeah, I was saving that money for PS4 but I finally caved due to some racing sims coming out on PC first so I said screw it. I saw pictures of the receipts on the ad online though, and he seemed honest enough.

CozMick

Banned
Are we during some sorta double xp event?

I have 200% xp with no boosters active, been this way since 6pm.

I went from no boat unlocks to a service star in one round, unlocking everything inbetween.

PS3 version btw.

lem0n

It's the small case model they make, the "X51". Not sure about the HDD, I'm too much of a computer noob to know that. If there's an easy way to check that I will look if you're that curious. Oh and it's an i7 3770 3.4ghz

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. And you can upgrade your video card and throw an SSD in it down the road and it will be like a whole other generation leap!

Grief.exe

Are we during some sorta double xp event?

I have 200% xp with no boosters active, been this way since 6pm.

I went from no boat unlocks to a service star in one round, unlocking everything inbetween.

PS3 version btw.

Everyone seems to be experiencing that 'issue' today. Maybe it is preemptive as they are shutting the servers down tomorrow afternoon for a few hours.

lem0n

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it. And you can upgrade your video card and throw an SSD in it down the road and it will be like a whole other generation leap!
I'd love to do that, but I heard it's tough given the size constraints? Oh and the power supply?

(I was just reading the X51 OT the other day and heard how it's tough to mod)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom