• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrongway

More fun with the trusty RFB tonight. 45-11, 31 of which were with the underdog DMR after a little silenced LR4 shenanigans to unlock the next sniper rifle. Thing's a beast, man.

Unforunately I ended 4 kills shy of its first weapon-specific battlepack. Gah! XD

Ultryx

Game hasn't been acting up as much for me on PC lately and I'm loving the game. I really hope this offline bit tomorrow helps more.

Tekku

A nice collection with lots of emblems that you can make your own: http://emblemsbf.com/

Pretty sweet idea to gather them and make them public like that. You can also add yours if you want. :)

-edit-

Omg someone made the Foxhound logo! I tried myself but I found it too hard. :D

-edit-

Some are really talented:

404.jpg

Faith

Is it normal that 1 shot in the head is not enough? I mean it happens really often that the enemy is right in front of me (2-4m) and I clearly shot him in the head?

Acinixys

Too much drama. Lets talk about the game. What is everyone's favourtie carbine?

I have everything unlocked except the type 95b which is garbage stats wise. For me the aku-12 hands down is the best. At 1000rpm in burst mode, the low recoil makes it one of the best guns in the game. Great at all ranges. Got a heavy barrel on it to make it even more accurate.

ACE 52 is the best carbine ive found. Its beast at all ranges and has massive damage output

Tekku

Is it normal that 1 shot in the head is not enough? I mean it happens really often that the enemy is right in front of me (2-4m) and I clearly shot him in the head?

Headshots are not automatically OHK, they only multiply the damage (I think it's 2x in BF4). Sniper rifles/DMR's are basically the only weapons that can OHK a soldier with full health. Scar and Ace also comes very close (they have close to 50dmg at narrow range).

-edit-

Let me correct that. According to symthic.com the REX and Magnum can OHK with a headshot as well. They have a base dmg of 56 at close range.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

I shot someone in the face from the same distance last night and he took like 25 damage...

Faith

Headshots are not automatically OHK, it only multiplies the damage (I think it's 2x in BF4). Sniper rifles are basically the only weapons that can OHK a soldier with full health. Scar and Ace also comes very close (they have close to 50dmg at narrow range).
Ok that's strange, I mean it's a Famas...most dmg output in close combat.

Faith

Yes but do it on rush, operation locker, way more people are in one place. I had my 50 in 3 rounds
I had 80 in 1 round (15min). Operation Locker Team DM with 64 players.

The key is to use the defib as "main weapon" and just run around and revive people and throw them a medic bag xD

I'm in a server with 1000 ticket TDM. All the people have left so it's a 2v4 match now, but I don't want to leave since I'll probably lose my 20k points, right?

Faith

I'm in a server with 1000 ticket TDM. All the people have left so it's a 2v4 match now, but I don't want to leave since I'll probably lose my 20k points, right?
You will get the points when the round is over. So you can leave.

Is it true that the commander mode for the ipad doenst work right now?

Can anyone point to a tutorial for all the gifs you make. I've seen some incredibly smooth ones in this thread. Far higher quality than you normally see around the net.

Sethos

Banned
Can anyone point to a tutorial for all the gifs you make. I've seen some incredibly smooth ones in this thread. Far higher quality than you normally see around the net.

Just normal GIFs where they jack up the framerate, which in turn means the size shoots up which is the reason why people usually keeps it at a slower rate.

Easier to distinguish version of the animation. You can see him getting teleported into correct position for the animation as the start. Its a great animation, completely hilarious and vicious.

it7NjwfUJ5lCq.gif

Ive noticed too that when people are getting stabbed I cannot stop it. It is incredibly stupid to sit here and unload a clip on someone

TheOther

Neo Member
Ive noticed too that when people are getting stabbed I cannot stop it. It is incredibly stupid to sit here and unload a clip on someone

Yeah and I guess their decision in making it like that is because the stab doesn't happen instantly and they don't want to punish you for doing a knife move.You'll probably die directly afterwards if an enemy is shooting at you anyway but at least you got the satisfaction of knifing someone =)

Sethos

Banned
Even from a back stab? I thought you could only do a counter stab from the front?

They aren't talking about counters but someone else shooting the guy stabbing you and vice versa. Happened to me as well, I've been saved a few times as someone was about to stab me ( Animation started playing ) and then I was back on my feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom