• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.
They aren't talking about counters but someone else shooting the guy stabbing you and vice versa. Happened to me as well, I've been saved a few times as someone was about to stab me ( Animation started playing ) and then I was back on my feet.
Yeah and I've prevented quite a few myself too. You have to do it right at the start of the animation. Otherwise your shots do nothing

zma1013

Also, it is absolutely infuriating that if I can't connect to the online servers, it automatically sends me to singleplayer. I bought a Battlefield game, I do not want to play singleplayer, I want to play multiplayer. Instead it should just say, "Can't connect to servers, would you like to play singleplayer? Yes or No?"

TheOther

Neo Member
They aren't talking about counters but someone else shooting the guy stabbing you and vice versa. Happened to me as well, I've been saved a few times as someone was about to stab me ( Animation started playing ) and then I was back on my feet.

Cool, I was just thinking about what Snkfanatic was saying about him not being able to stop someone from stabbing someone else? Which to me would make sense if the person is doing a stab from behind but not necessarily from the front since you're able to counter that. But that's cool that you can save ppl then =) That's what you expect to be able to do .

Kadayi

Banned
Yeah and I've prevented quite a few myself too. You have to do it right at the start of the animation. Otherwise your shots do nothing

The best thing is stabception where you stab the dude who just stabbed a dude. Happened the other day to some pals (friend got stabbed, other friend then stabbed him right as the animation ended) when I was playing but sadly didn't think to have shadowplay running. :(

HariKari

Ive noticed too that when people are getting stabbed I cannot stop it. It is incredibly stupid to sit here and unload a clip on someone

You can stop it if you are behind the person who initiated the stab and if you catch it early enough. I've saved/been saved by teammates.

abracadaver

It tells me to install the newest battlelog plugin to play. Ive installed it 5 times already but it still doesnt let me play. what to do ?

Reckoner

Yesterday I started enjoyed the game more when I unlocked a nice optic for my SAR and was Squad Leader, even though I didn't know if I was being a good leader. The only think to do is setting a keypoint on the objective and ask for scans, supplies, etc to the commander, right?

Cool, I was just thinking about what Snkfanatic was saying about him not being able to stop someone from stabbing someone else? Which to me would make sense if the person is doing a stab from behind but not necessarily from the front since you're able to counter that. But that's cool that you can save ppl then =) That's what you expect to be able to do .

I think the issue that was being brought up with that gif is that the guy is shooting the person but not getting the kill because the other guy on his team is stabbing the dude. It seems that if one person is locked in the stab animation, you can't kill steal.

Kadayi

Banned
Yesterday I started enjoyed the game more when I unlocked a nice optic for my SAR and was Squad Leader, even though I didn't know if I was being a good leader. The only think to do is setting a keypoint on the objective and ask for scans, supplies, etc to the commander, right?

That's all good. Fundamentally you want to ensure you're either capturing points, defending points if they're being taken and asking for resupply from your commander after a firefight is always a good idea, esp if you've been up against tanks etc and need to restock your engies and lack for a full support pack.

Fonz72

Speak some truth to me, GAF. I am very very close to canceling my preorder of this game on PS4. With all the glitches and crashes, it seems that it may be better to wait it out than slog through the frustration. BF3 took almost a year to be mostly fixed on PS3 (audio glitches and what not) so is there any reason to believe BF4 will be any different?

Is it worth paying $110 for this experience at this time? I guess I did get $20 back in PSN credit so is this worth $90?

Having a bit of buyers remorse I suppose. I really wanted EA/Dice to be more on the ball with this game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Compared to pc?

From where im sitting its the third best looking fps on consoles bar kz 2 and 3.

LMAO, no. Battlefield 3 looks a hell of a lot better than Battlefield 4 on consoles.

snkfanatic said:
Ive noticed too that when people are getting stabbed I cannot stop it. It is incredibly stupid to sit here and unload a clip on someone

Nope. You can. Just not from your own teammate doing the kill.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Also seks, beached boat is beast boat!

ibxMGgvBC916hG.gif

Hmm, while gunning with you in the boat I've noticed that when you come to a stop, your name disappears from being the driver for a moment. Is that because you're using the TV missile at that time?
Great shot btw...

Ocho

PC Client Patch scheduled for tomorrow

UPDATE #9:
PC Game Update Goes Live Nov 14
We are happy to report that the PC Battlefield 4 game update will go live tomorrow, November 14. The main focus of this update is threefold:

1) Reduce the number of crashes
We believe this update will solve a large portion of the most commonly occuring game crashes, and the improvement in overall stability should make a big difference for many players.

2) Eliminate a network sync bug
If you’ve been experiencing situations in multiplayer where it appears that you are taking damage from enemies through walls, you might have been the victim of a network sync bug. In this game update, we have identified and eliminated one such bug that caused this type of gameplay experience. We are continuing to work on more multiplayer optimizations concerning network performance.

3) Improve Network Smoothing
We have made some improvements to the ”Network Smoothing” functionality that you can find in the OPTIONS>GAMEPLAY menu. The Network Smoothing slider governs a group of settings that aim to produce a tighter multiplayer experience based on your specific packet loss situation.

If you’ve been experimenting with the Network Smoothing slider earlier, it might now yield better results. If you haven’t tried it before, please explore this setting and set it to the lowest value you can without experiencing graphical glitches in the game. By setting it lower, you can get a tighter multiplayer experience, depending on your specific network situation.

More details upcoming
Besides the above mentioned focus areas, this PC game update contains a number of other fixes and tweaks that we will detail once it’s live.

This game update for PC goes live around 10AM UTC/2AM PST November 14. Your Origin Client should acknowledge and automatically download this update for you, as usual. Otherwise, you can right click your game in the client and select ”Check for Update”. There will be a Battlelog maintenance downtime for about an hour as this update goes live. During this time multiplayer on PC will be unavailable.

We will release full patch notes for this game update later, but the three items mentioned above are by far the most important changes in this update. We understand that stability has been rocky for some players, and hope that this update will make the game run smoother and more stable for you. Let us know in the comments below.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Speak some truth to me, GAF. I am very very close to canceling my preorder of this game on PS4. With all the glitches and crashes, it seems that it may be better to wait it out than slog through the frustration. BF3 took almost a year to be mostly fixed on PS3 (audio glitches and what not) so is there any reason to believe BF4 will be any different?

I wouldn't. The game is amazing. Best Battlefield ever, IMO. The PC update coming tomorrow will hopefully eliminate many of the crashes so I wouldn't be surprised if the PS4/XBone versions also get a patch quickly after launch if not day 1.

Besides, what else are you going to play? Killzone looks like shit. CoD? Bleh. Knack?

Wow this game looks shocking on PS3. What the hell happened?

I thought the same thing. It's a mess. Especially one of the maps, I forget the name, the grass and shrubs just appear in front of you. The textures in general are just bad/nonexistent

I think it's just because their main focus was for the PC then next gen versions and optimizing for those and in doing so had to scale a ton of stuff back. The game does a lot and is still a lot of fun so I just do my best to overlook it. I hope it's something that can get fixed, although I'm not too confident

The cost of being a peasant

aro52

Myself, and several others, had some weird issues on PS3 last night:

1 - Weapon and gear unlocks resetting to the beginning.
2 - Beginning default gear (i.e. ammo packs, repair tool) popping up as "unlocked" when using them.
3 - End of game didn't run through XP earned and gear/rank progress screens.
4 - No one in the room showing a rank on the scoreboard.
5 - Battlelog has no record of these games in "Reports".

All that, and Battlelog still shows all my unlocked gear, and rank 21. It's as if last night's games took place in an alternate universe! :p

HelloMeow

2 - Beginning default gear (i.e. ammo packs, repair tool) popping up as "unlocked" when using them.
3 - End of game didn't run through XP earned and gear/rank progress screens.
4 - No one in the room showing a rank on the scoreboard.
5 - Battlelog has no record of these games in "Reports".

All that, and Battlelog still shows all my unlocked gear, and rank 21. It's as if last night's games took place in an alternate universe! :p

I believe that's a server issue. I have had the same issue on PC a couple of times, and it seemed tied to a specific server each time.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Wow this game looks shocking on PS3. What the hell happened?

256meg RAM/2005-2007-ish hardware for a title that wants 2-4gigs in 2012-2013 hardware.

aro52 said:

Old old problem. Happens on PC as well. DICE's stat servers are either down or not being able to be pinged too correctly to get your stuff. Annoying, but not game breaking.

Grief.exe

I've noticed all of the cross-gen games seem to have performance issues.

Biting off more than they could chew it would seem.

I'm probably overgeneralizing a bit, but you have to imagine that 5-6 platforms is a serious commitment. Probably why Destiny and MGSV are going to get delayed PC versions.

On the other hand I didn't know about the network smoothing thing, what does it do exactly ?
The setting affects how much interpolation the game does between packets to try and provide a visually smooth experience by showing players and such where it thinks they should be based on what packets you've recieved. Drop a lot of packets with it set to zero, and enemies will jump around as your client updates. The trade off with it on is that you may not be seeing "reality" as the server and other clients see it.

Ideally, your connection is good enough to set it to zero, or otherwise keep it as low as possible without unbearable visual problems.

Nameless

The console patch went out today. That means it was submitted for approval at least a week prior.

Same system happened for BF3.

You sure about this? A server update happened this morning for consoles but DICE's last word on the client patch, as of yesterday, was they were "testing & finalizing" it and an ETA would be revealed soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom