• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

I'd love to do that, but I heard it's tough given the size constraints? Oh and the power supply?

(I was just reading the X51 OT the other day and heard how it's tough to mod)

I think you just have to be careful on which video card to insert given the size constraints. Shouldn't have to mod it at all.

The only way to see how fast the HDD is to open up the computer.

DarkFlow

Banned
So I never got my Veterans battlepack. I own a few BF games.
zCR2lxxl.jpg

I should have it right?

I'd love to do that, but I heard it's tough given the size constraints? Oh and the power supply?

SSD will pop in no problem. Video card could be tricky, the 660 is like 9 inches or so, but if you have a couple more inches of clearance behind it you should be fine. Power supply isn't an issue unless it's like a 450 watt or a super shitty 550.

lem0n

SSD will pop in no problem. Video card could be tricky, the 660 is like 9 inches or so, but if you have a couple more inches of clearance behind it you should be fine. Power supply isn't an issue unless it's like a 450 watt or a super shitty 550.
Oh ok sweet I will look into that, because SSD would be so awesome! :D

DarkFlow

Banned

Also you could always just buy a new tower, rip out the guts and transplant them. Then you can upgrade all you want.

xclaw

My PS3 version constantly freezes in Obliteration on Flood Zone. Anyone? Do you have frezees?

Happens with the group of people I play with too, as soon as that map comes up it's a round robin of who will get console locked. Hope it's not the same with the PS4.

Zinthar

Damn.

Is it in one of those small form-factor set ups meant for an HTPC? Or is it full size?

The HDD is probably fairly slow, what RPM is it?

Even if it's only a 5400rpm, the platters are likely so large that the effective speed is probably still pretty good.

Zinthar

Oh ok sweet I will look into that, because SSD would be so awesome! :D

Be aware that BF4 currently takes up 26.2GB of space, and each of map packs is likely to add up to another 5GB to that apiece, so you should probably reserve about 50GB for BF4 alone if you want to put it on the SSD. I put most games on my 7200rpm 1.5TB drive, but put BF4 on the SSD because it helps to reduce its inordinately long load times.

DarkFlow

Banned
EA temporarily disabled the vet battlepack due to some sort of delivery bug. They've said when they fix it, everyone who should have it will have it.

I wonder what the hold up is, it should not be that hard to tell 2 weeks into this.

Have they not patched the crashes yet? I took a break for a bit because it was getting too annoying.

There's a patch coming tonight at 1am PST. Knowing DICE, this will most likely break more then it fixes.

I entered a match last night that a few of my friends were already playing in, looked on the opposing team and saw a guy that was 15-0 in a LAV destroying everyone. I took it upon myself to slap a few M2 SLAM mines on the front of an ATV and take him out kamikaze style...3 times...then once on a PWC. Dude rage quit after the PWC one at 15-4 lol. Doing random funny stuff like this is why I love battlefield.

Getting SICK of being 1 shotted by guns that can't do it

Point blank killed a guy with that 1 shot M82A3 rifle and after dying I died instantly from 100% health to 0. He was using an AK-12

It makes NO sense

Grief.exe

Have they not patched the crashes yet? I took a break for a bit because it was getting too annoying.

They haven't even updated the game other than the day one patch. Another server patch going out tomorrow that should iron out some issues, but until that patch passes console certification there will always be hard crashes.

Getting SICK of being 1 shotted by guns that can't do it

Point blank killed a guy with that 1 shot M82A3 rifle and after dying I died instantly from 100% health to 0. He was using an AK-12

It makes NO sense

Net code issue.

Net code issue.

What it is matters little, it shouldn't happen at all. Shit's frustrating as hell

Also have people noticed guys aiming one way and then hitting you? then when they kill you they suddenly face your direction?

There's been a lot of times where I thought a guy was distracted and ran in closer but he was actually aiming at me

FartOfWar

Banned
This fucking game. All the more infuriating because the design itself is brilliant. But it fucking crashes every other match. EA's game advisors are clueless fools armed with boilerplate tech "support" and seem determined to do anything to get rid of you, including insisting that you unplug your router and reboot. I have Nvidia's latest drivers. PB is up to date and Windows firefall allowances are properly configured. No other program is running, and yet the shit locks up again and again. No setting adjustments prevent the crash. And those of us who experience this particular crash are hardly alone: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-keeps-crashing-on-PC/td-p/1724995/page/165 To add insult to injury, it's impossible to receive a refund and you better bet that if you reverse the credit card charge EA will ban you from future Origin purchases and perhaps from accessing all other products you've also paid for. If this shit isn't fixed, though, I'm prepared to never play another EA game again. If that's the price I have to pay, so be it.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This fucking game. All the more infuriating because the design itself is brilliant. But it fucking crashes every other match. EA's game advisors are clueless fools armed with boilerplate tech "support" and seem determined to do anything to get rid of you, including insisting that you unplug your router and reboot. I have Nvidia's latest drivers. PB is up to date and Windows firefall allowances are properly configured. No other program is running, and yet the shit locks up again and again. No setting adjustments prevent the crash. And those of us who experience this particular crash are hardly alone: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-keeps-crashing-on-PC/td-p/1724995/page/165 To add insult to injury, it's impossible to receive a refund and you better bet that if you reverse the credit card charge EA will ban you from future Origin purchases and perhaps from accessing all other products you've also paid for. If this shit isn't fixed, though, I'm prepared to never play another EA game again. If that's the price I have to pay, so be it.

45018-billy-dee-willi29uni.gif

DarkFlow

Banned
I can't get BattleScreen to work on my nexus 7 for the life of me. It's on the same network, I have no idea what the problem is.

I'm still getting crashes, heck just got one some a few minutes ago.
Sigh.

There's a patch coming tonight at 1am PST. Knowing DICE, this will most likely break more then it fixes.
Hopefully it comes out ahead, even if it's 2 steps forward and 1 step back. The crashes are just so disheartening.

They haven't even updated the game other than the day one patch. Another server patch going out tomorrow that should iron out some issues, but until that patch passes console certification there will always be hard crashes.
Well hopefully that will deal with the frequent server crashes that kick everyone off the server?

Grief.exe

What it is matters little, it shouldn't happen at all. Shit's frustrating as hell

Also have people noticed guys aiming one way and then hitting you? then when they kill you they suddenly face your direction?

There's been a lot of times where I thought a guy was distracted and ran in closer but he was actually aiming at me

Also a netcode issue.

Well hopefully that will deal with the frequent server crashes that kick everyone off the server?

I haven't had a server crash since a couple server-side patches ago.

DTKT

I crash every 2-3 game without fault. I usually have the sound looping.

The Battlefield series always had shitty hit detection / net code. Nothing new there. Still amazing that were dealing with the same stuff as of 10 years ago.

grave_danger

Neo Member
So I stumbled into a copy of BF4 for PS4 from Best Buy that includes the "China Rising DLC" (as stated on the cover). Fortunately, I was able to get in on the Target deal and get BF4 from Target much cheaper with the intention of returning the Best Buy copy.

This copy from Target doesn't have the yellow China Rising banner and from what I can tell has a different bar code on the back. Is not getting China rising a huge deal? What am I missing out on if I keep the Target copy?

DarkFlow

Banned
So I stumbled into a copy of BF4 for PS4 from Best Buy that includes the "China Rising DLC" (as stated on the cover). Fortunately, I was able to get in on the Target deal and get BF4 from Target much cheaper with the intention of returning the Best Buy copy.

This copy from Target doesn't have the yellow China Rising banner and from what I can tell has a different bar code on the back. Is not getting China rising a huge deal? What am I missing out on if I keep the Target copy?

Do you plan on getting Premium? If you are, then it makes zero difference.

I've only had the crashes on Shanghai and that's when the main building comes down. Otherwise it's generally been stable.

So happy for you. I haven't been able to play a game without crashing for 2 days now. Shits ridiculous. We have people with crashes posting on pretty much every page of this thread, this isn't just some isolated problem.

Grief.exe

That's great for you but meaningless for the thousands of others who continue to crash.

There is a difference between server-side and client-side crashes. I am still experiencing plenty of the latter, but I haven't heard of the former ones recently, which were described specifically by that poster.

FartOfWar

Banned
I've only had the crashes on Shanghai and that's when the main building comes down. Otherwise it's generally been stable.

Yeah, well I crash with the audio loop every 20 minutes. Last match I played I unlocked tank sabots and such, a few ground attack aircraft items, and two more assault weapons but of course I won't get those now.

Yeah, well I crash with the audio loop every 20 minutes. Last match I played I unlocked tank sabots and such, a few ground attack aircraft items, and two more assault weapons but of course I won't get those now.

I might be wrong, but don't you still get the unlocks and xp if the client crashes?

Kadayi

Banned
So happy for you. I haven't been able to play a game without crashing for 2 days now. Shits ridiculous. We have people with crashes posting on pretty much every page of this thread, this isn't just some isolated problem.

Dude I'm just informing. No need to get snarky OK. I'm not saying there isn't a problem. Hopefully they'll get the patches out ASAP after the upcoming update later today. Chill.

You might find the unlocks have taken Shawn. When I have crashed out last I assumed I'd lost the unlocks, but they were there. Seems to be a bit 50/50. You need to wait for the match to finish to find out though. If the server crashed you're fucked, but otherwise you should be good.

Are we during some sorta double xp event?

I have 200% xp with no boosters active, been this way since 6pm.

I think it's a bug. Couple of guys I play with had the same going on getting insane points even though their actual listed scores weren't any great shakes, where as I was just getting normal. They thought it might of been down to having had boosts active at the time, but it didn't alter my rewards. Might be because they have premium though?

Yeah, I never paid any attention to it before. I always just said ah, that guy beat me. But not anymore. So many times I turn the corner and killed instantly with one bullet or get out gunned and even though I unloaded a whole clip, the guy walks away 100%. Let's not forget the plethora of times me and the other person both die. It happens so often.

But I'm still having fun at least

Kadayi

Banned
But I'm still having fun at least

There's a fun game in there, it's just all the BS problems atm that are detracting from it and why people are getting understandably frustrated. This shit is almost entirely a resultant of EA forcing DICE to push this game out the door pre-emptively to go head to head against CoD:Ghost and it's just fucking tedious that we the buyers have to suffer.

There's a fun game in there, it's just all the BS problems atm that are detracting from it and why people are getting understandably frustrated. This shit is almost entirely a resultant of EA forcing DICE to push this game out the door pre-emptively to go head to head against CoD:Ghost and it's just fucking tedious that we the buyers have to suffer.

Was watching some CoD:Ghost multiplayer videos, and it looks like it's almost as buggy as BF4 is. Seems Activision also pushed out CoD: Ghost a little early to compete with BF4.

It's some Gift of the Magi shit...if only the two could have talked and agreed to release each a little bit later, both fanbases would have better experiences.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Let's not forget the plethora of times me and the other person both die. It happens so often.

In other games when that happens it is a funny event, interesting for its rarity. In BF4 it happens all the time. That's probably telling us something, I'm just not sure what.

Just got my copy of BF4 for PS4. So soon now GAF, so soon now....Seriously though, I am dying to get some Battlefield in. Haven't played BF3 in months and my trigger finger is twitching. Soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom