• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iskander

Neo Member
Is there any kind of group functionality in Origin, like in Steam? I'd like to add some GAF folks but I don't want to go down the list, typing in 100+ names...

Edit: I'm online right now if anyone wants to add me - Origin ID = delobius.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Maybe they were hoping CA would make it harder to see the bugs.

Oh, and that gif somebody posted early with the guy sliding around on his knees, that is networking smoothing set too low.

Reckoner

The only thing this patch fixed for me was the borderless mode working now, other than that there are still way too many bugs. Worst of all it seems to affecting performance a bit, just randomly spiking my fps for a few seconds and then going back up.

I'm noticing that too. With all those comments saying that the performance was better, I thought there was something going on with my PC or something. I hope they fix this, because right now it is dropping to 30+ fps, which is really ridiculous since before it always stayed between 50-60.

DarkFlow

Banned
This dude was glitching himself outside the map somehow on Hainan Resort. He somehow got on that wrecked cargo ship that's just out of bonds, and was sniping people from across the map. Dude head shot me while I was in our starting base, laying down using a mav. Guess the fairplay can't catch them all.

a916

It's PARACEL storm, BTW.

And TDM maps aren't built for 64-players, so your argument is still crazy.

Once again: DICE did not build maps with 64-players in mind outside of Conquest and that's even debateable *SnoopBlingeeYOLO420SWAG.gif here*

What argument? I said Paracel (thanks) ranked guns up faster for me than Locker... not sure where you're trying to pick up a fight in there...

When the screen goes black in a match (with the white loading mark in the upper right corner) and you find yourself back to desktop it means you lost connection to the server.

I see, well I rejoined and had a full amazing round in the minigun seat of an attack boat. Got MVP too :D

HelloMeow

Me to.

Before patch I could play 10 games in a row and be fine

Now i crash every round without fail 5 mins in

They did nothing to improve anything and in the process they managed to make things worse...
No wait, they did "fix" some issues. Issues no one even noticed in the first place.
The game is inconsistent as fuck, jets are in a pre-alpha state, the game is crashing left and right, but they decide that it's more important to fix the EMP effect in spectator mode...

Still getting shot around corners.
Still getting hit before I get shot at.
Crashed twice on Shanghai.
And now I got a headache because of that stupid chromatic aberration.

I am losing my patience and confidence in DICE.

Stainless

Just finished updating- Gonna see I can use the M320 FB lol

Edit: Quit the first game- boat driver got me killed like 3 times and I raged. So frustrating sometimes. I don't understand, I mean, all you have to do is not be a sitting target, really

Edit 2: After reading HAri's posts, I've changed FOV from 75 to 90- will see how it goes

Reckoner

I was not having big issues with crashes and so, even though it sometimes crashed (like after three games in a row), but I was taking it like "hey, time to take a break." After this patch I'm just losing interest in playing knowing that it is going to surely crash or having it is going to have performance issues.

Grief.exe

We need to figure out a way to take this implementation and use it in order to decrease the opacity of HUD elements (objectives, revive icons, etc).

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

DICE are probably one of the worst studios in terms of launch and stability. BC2 was awful, BF3 was awful and BF4 is awful.

BF2, 2142 and 1943 were poor launches too. They turned off moving Titans for a while in 2142 because they would lag the hell out servers.

That being said, they usually get most stuff fixed but by now you think they would've gotten the release thing down a better by now. Tsk tsk...

Bombless

Played all night, got my RPK and it seems solid. No more crashes on load and everything's running smoothly.

Got quite a few kills with it, but I'm still not feeling it. Aren't we getting another RPK with China Rising too? Weird choice for a new weapon.

SRTtoZ

I ended up picking this up on PS4 instead of PC. Looks like a fun game to stream. Will be in here later talking about it.

AllenShrz

No problems here, though I didn't have any before the patch either (except for single player). Guess I'm lucky...

Yep, I have clocked 40 hrs already and before the patch I crashed maybe 4 times (one at the end of the SP) and with the crazy low pings in Japan lag issues are non that I can notice.

Majanew

Banned
So what's the point of their betas when the game is always broken when it releases? Would it be even worse off without the beta. I'm gonna play BF4 tonight on my PS4. I hope my PS4 and/or BF4 doesn't crash on me. (Please let it be a good night lol)

Choppers gonna chop

10862595915_12cf82740d_o.gif

This CA filter effect is god fucking awful. I just don't understand it. Why? Game is still just janky and bad all around - and everything about the netcode and hit detection just feels wrong.

I had to uninstall it. My desire for a kickass Battlefield game made me keep loading it up, only to leave in frustration. I'll check back in a few months.

Keep fighting the good fight, gentlemen.

DTKT

This CA filter effect is god fucking awful. I just don't understand it. Why? Game is still just janky and bad all around - and everything about the netcode and hit detection just feels wrong.

I had to uninstall it. My desire for a kickass Battlefield game made me keep loading it up, only to leave in frustration. I'll check back in a few months.

Keep fighting the good fight, gentlemen.

The poor hit detection is what is really holding it back for me. In a couple of weeks, the crashing will probably be fixed and it's going to be playable. But, my experience is going to be uneven because the hit detection is dreadful. I can't assume I'm going to win a firefight because I'm quicker since the hit detection might screw me. I can't play aggressively because I know that even if I'm faster than someone he might kill me first and we might kill each other. I can't bound between cover because I'm going to get lag-shot if I try to duck or move between two.

It's just so frustrating to die when you knew you should have won a fight.

Sethos

Banned
I'm kinda in love with it and looking forward to the older model! Does anyone have the assignment requirements for the new weapons?

Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work or it can't work. I just don't like it based on all the other Support weapons. It seems to promote tap-fire to be effective which cuts the TTK way down, while the other LMGs seem to handle a full-on spray a lot better. The spread seems to be completely insane when doing full-auto. Even the MG4 is more accurate in full-auto.

Jito

Banned
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't work or it can't work. I just don't like it based on all the other Support weapons. It seems to promote tap-fire to be effective which cuts the TTK way down, while the other LMGs seem to handle a full-on spray a lot better. The spread seems to be completely insane when doing full-auto. Even the MG4 is more accurate in full-auto.

Yeh the spread of fire at full auto is pretty terrible but I find it great for burst firing at range with a scope. PKP has to be my favourite full auto support but need to try out the MG4.

Bombless

Is it me or did the Stealth Jet nosegun get buffed? I just flew for like 5 mins and it seemed to do a crapload more damage. I actually killed a (damaged) A10 with it. (the base cannon that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom