• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecnal

this might be the wrong thread to post in, but, for anyone here that is playing this on PS4, can you guys connect online?

i'm stuck in some origin sign-in loop that won't let me sign into an existing account or create a new account...

Unbelievable. DICE exceeding its own standards in launching busted video games. I'm really upset reading about this long awaited client update.

If SimCity got hammered by the press then I'm disappointed in anyone who gave this game more than a 5/10. Publishers don't give a fuck about their customers' backlash, but they do care about Metacritic averages. We are talking about a game that's been out for 16 days now and it still suffers from game breaking bugs and that's if you are even able to play at all.

gonna guess most game journalists have way more hours played in a simcity game than a battlefield game.

DarkFlow

Banned
this might be the wrong thread to post in, but, for anyone here that is playing this on PS4, can you guys connect online?

i'm stuck in some origin sign-in loop that won't let me sign into an existing account or create a new account...

That's what you get for getting a PS4 early!

HelloMeow

What do you mean?

bf4_2013_11_14_07_46_17_47.jpg

Headache is back again :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
My PS4 copy arrived tonight. Really excited to get into this. I enjoyed the PS3 beta quite a bit so the jump should be huge. BF is the only series I really play MP in for a substantial amount of time so it's nice this is hitting with the PS4.

10dollas

Banned
Still can't play Siege of shanghai cause that map always crashes, but performance has definitely seen a dramatic increase. I couldn't play on ultra settings without bad stutter & lag, but now that's a thing of the past.

Gaz_RB

My PS4 copy arrived tonight. Really excited to get into this. I enjoyed the PS3 beta quite a bit so the jump should be huge. BF is the only series I really play MP in for a substantial amount of time so it's nice this is hitting with the PS4.

Jealous, I'm sitting out here in the cold, waiting

BBboy20

It's PARACEL storm, BTW.

And TDM maps aren't built for 64-players, so your argument is still crazy.

Once again: DICE did not build maps with 64-players in mind outside of Conquest and that's even debateable *SnoopBlingeeYOLO420SWAG.gif here*.
Actually, what the fuck happened to DICE and their scaling? I've been told DICE knew stuff like that yet when the real deal (BF3) was finally released, I was shocked that Metro Conquest didn't extend to the other side of the park and that TDM was stuck in those small areas. I've read that BF2 would scale the map just on how many players were in it yet none of that was in 3. It's even fucking worst when the DLC maps STILL didn't scale the maps accordingly for 64 players on TDM and, so far, Metro still is broken as fuck in regards of fitting 64 players in Conquest. It also doesn't help that I'm disappointed that DICE won't work on this "One-Size-Fits-All" Philosophy and decide to cut things up where every other game mode has to be appropriate for 32 players despite the fact that they make the biggest maps around that would fit more. They've made BF4 in a mindset like any other developer despite having the software and talent to be a hell of a lot more ambitious then what appears to be in the game (They are but. Why can't the host choose how big a map can be for custom matches? Why can't the borders and score limits that isn't tickets simply expand in 64 Player Anything that isn't Conquest? It's really disappointed DICE attempts to push their engine while squandering what Battlefield can be really become beyond the addition of setpieces and water physics.

jet1911

Just finished the story. Wat.

Also what are those gadget that can make people float in the air and throw C4 on badass chinese boat?

My performance is the same though I did have my 3rd client crash since launch (36.5 hours) in one of the 3 rounds I played after the patch, which I hope was just a coincidence. My biggest fear was that the patch would negatively effect me since I've been so abnormally stable. Also the CA effect is annoying. Why is DICE obsessed with blinding the player?

I'm on the fence. Is BF4 worth getting if you're a noob to the series and not going to buy the ridiculous season pass?

Or is the non-season pass community good throughout the year?

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck this game, seriously.

Who thought it was anywhere near a sliver of a mediocre idea to include a graphical "feature" that causes your screen to defocus into RGB separated images?

Why the fuck do I empty nearly a third of my clip into an enemy to have him turn around and kill me?

Why does my sound continue to go out on large maps from the very start of the fight?

DTKT

I'm on the fence. Is BF4 worth getting if you're a noob to the series and not going to buy the ridiculous season pass?

Don't touch that game for now. It's in a miserable state and zero fun to play when you crash and lose all your progress. Wait a few weeks till DICE have finished fucking around and actually try to fix stuff.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member

Don't.

Don't.

Don't fucking touch it. Especially if you're a noob. You will get killed in ways that frustrate you to no end, and you will not have a fair chance to fight back thanks to the ridiculous... fuck, I don't know if it's netcode or failure to implement the most basic of team balancing or WHAT.. but this game is a piece of shit right now.

I would not pay full price for this game currently, just wait unitl the price is half off and hope the game is fixed by that time.

Rizific

im feeling kind of guilty here. been playing all day with no crashes. only the occasional sound mute and brief periods of rubber banding. god speed GAF

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Yep, I've played a few hours today with no crashes or rubberbanding or anything except that weird blurry visual bug that doesn't really bother me. Suck the patch fucked things up for some people though.

DTKT

GIF of the night.

God bless the netcode.

iUbGfomfw6nUz.gif

That's why this game is so frustrating. It's just so random with how it deals with something as basic as hit detection that it prevents me from enjoying it's very basic gameplay.

Ugh.

ecnal

bumping to see if anyone else is experiencing this issue... can't find anything about it on the internet.

Dunno if this is related, but this popped up in my Twitter feed:

Warning! If you have an Origin account tied to an email that’s different than your PSN ID DO NOT ENTER A NEW ID. WORLD OF HEADACHES.

Not quite sure what it means (is he replacing the PSN ID tied to his Origin account with a new ID?) but it sounds like it might be related to your problem.

ecnal

Dunno if this is related, but this popped up in my Twitter feed:

Not quite sure what it means (is he replacing the PSN ID tied to his Origin account with a new ID?) but it sounds like it might be related to your problem.

thanks for the info.

my PSN ID email is the same as my Origin email, but, on this initial sign-in screen, there isn't even an option to sign in with an existing account -- there's only a single option, and it's to enter a new Origin ID.

Well, I just played for the first time in about a week. Had 7 matches in a row, no crashes, no audio drops, nothing wrong really.

I almost didn't want to stop because I was afraid I'd jinx it.

zam

I can't tell any difference between pre-patch and post-patch. Still getting crashes (either "Battlefield 4.exe has stopped working" or audio loop crashes), sound still bugging out on Lancang and Golmud. Siege of Shanghai still crashes every 5 minutes for me, and that is a map that would run for hours no problem for me in the beta.

The only thing I can tell that the patch did was add a stupid chromatic aberration effect (and the user.cfg fix did not fix it for me), and lower my fps. and now the MTAR that I unlocked yesterday is gone :(

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE CRASHFIX DOICE

ultrazilla

Patch has made the game worse for me. Sound drops(especially when entering vehicles), lag spikes, backing out of a game and getting a crash to desktop, fps drops....it's just a really bad experience right now with this patch.

Dice need to roll back or send out a new patch stat.

Tarin02543

Truly dissapointed that the soundbug in Goldmund Railway still has not been fixed. Totally ruins immersions when everything is silent except flying bullets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom