• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nokterian

Dat thread title change. First beta now this? Amazing well this game is still broken what i saw today at work. Not gonna touch it for a while.

Fonz72

Man, all this bug talk is very disheartening.

Maybe we'll find out that PS4 was lead dev platform and it will perform flawlessly!

Really though, I just wish DICE would release a product that lived up to the hype. You know we are going to go through this with every Xpac, and every patch.

Guys we fixed xxx and broke xxxxx
China rising or whatever is going to be epic - and will be glitchy as all hell.

I think that is the worst part, based on past games we are in for a 2 year rollercoaster of fixed/broken

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Info from EA on how to disable the Chromatic Aberration they added today in the PC patch:

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

3. File > Save As >
Choose > Save as type: All files
Choose > File name: user.cfg
Navigate to the "Origin Games\Battlefield 4" folder and click save.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670152493933/7/

These patch notes reminds me an awful lot of Rome 2 patch notes.

Basically "we fixed shit that shouldn't have shipped with the game" x50.

a916

I would argue that the actual gunplay in BF4 is a lot better than what exists in Call of Duty.

Locker is actually a great map on 32 man Domination. Plenty of flank points and options, not really any hallway-chokepoints like in the Conquest version.

Ummm, about that one.

COD's gun gameplay is made specifically for that twitch, close action where you can go and kill 5 people in a row in a room... in BF, you run into 3 people you better high tail it.

aranth

Has the patch eliminated crashes for anyone here who was crashing with the audio loop prior to the patch? I was looking forward to playing tonight but the EA thread suggests that things are now worse than ever: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/595/

It hasn't been fixed, and I tend to agree with that thread. I crashed 7 times with the sound loop today after the patch, and the past few days were around 1-2. I know it's a completely anecdotal observation, but that's how it is for me and quite a few others. Sound keeps disappearing in Golmund and Dam, and the R10 server patch makes it crash after every round. I'm done with BF4 for a few days till they sort this mess out.

Grief.exe

Ummm, about that one.

COD's gun gameplay is made specifically for that twitch, close action where you can go and kill 5 people in a row in a room... in BF, you run into 3 people you better high tail it.

Low recoil and TTK doesn't make for compelling gunplay.

Its interesting to me how someone would describe an ADS game as 'twitch,' as that form of gunplay is specifically designed to slow the game down and make aiming easier.

Who would have thought we 360 serfs would have the most stable version of BF4 so far?

I've been going back and forth about getting a PS4 this year(for Battlefield) , but worse case I end up with a broken system, controller, and game. I'm also skeptical of either next-gen console having the install base early on to do the game justice. Seems like the best option is to stay the course and upgrade next year as originally planned.

Yeah, that's worse case. I'm pretty sure your controller and system will be alright though. No harm in waiting a bit but I think there wi'll be a pretty big install base. A lot of PS4 early adopters are going to get the game. We already know that at least 1.5 million are getting it. There will be plenty of people playing

Sethos

Banned
Looks like Carnival of Duty has come to town. The ole' spin around while shooting to get a kill didn't play out so well, neither did normal shooting. Tried to slow down parts of it.

yxvbXWh.gif

Ummm, about that one.

COD's gun play is for that unrealistic arcade feel. No aiming, barely any recoil, spray and pray. I've killed more than 3 people plenty of times. Granted I had to flank them or catch them off guard but that's how it should be. If I have 3 people with guns facing me I shouldn't be able to out gun all of them.

CozMick

Banned
Looks like Carnival of Duty has come to town. The ole' spin around while shooting to get a kill didn't play out so well, neither did normal shooting. Tried to slow down parts of it.

yxvbXWh.gif

360 quick scope fail......

Where the hell was the dropshot? #fail

Glad you battered the shit out of him for his silly mistakes. Lol

a916

COD's gun play is for that unrealistic arcade feel. No aiming, barely any recoil, spray and pray. I've killed more than 3 people plenty of times. Granted I had to flank them or catch them off guard but that's how it should be. If I have 3 people with guns facing me I shouldn't be able to out gun all of them.

It is... and it does it's gameplay, very well. It's fun to play.

There is no set way of how shooters should be, each has it's strengths and it's weakness... BF's weaknesses shine in Locker, it's the new Metro. Not sure why they made that. You can level up your guns quicker in Parasol Storm 64P TDM (at least that's what I found)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
>>Added clickable buttons to in-game Battlelog<<

Fuck that shit. You have CTD, Server kicks, and disconnects to worry about than a shitty tacked-on hook to your "service" to worry about first, DICE. >:|

Who the hell actually uses the in-game Battlelog instead of just using a second screen/alt-tab/tablet/phone for it!?

Spl1nter

So the live scoreboard implemented into battlelog today was causing crashes at the start of every new round has now been disabled.

phaonaut

This strange majority of people just love to play 64 man Metro/Lockers 1000 ticket count all day.

Its because they don't have to make any difficult decisions, only have to aim down hallways, and get revived constantly.

The ultimate battlefield experience for the lowest common denominator.

I don't think its that simple, the unlocks in these games are so over the top you have to grind out decent load outs. The best place to do it is in small cluster fuck maps, that way you have an enemy interaction every 5 seconds.

The slower games on wide open maps are nice, but you get dominated by people with more time to play the game. Experience + loadout.

Spl1nter

I don't think its that simple, the unlocks in these games are so over the top you have to grind out decent load outs. The best place to do it is in small cluster fuck maps, that way you have an enemy interaction every 5 seconds.

The slower games on wide open maps are nice, but you get dominated by people with more time to play the game. Experience + loadout, at least my experience.

Use your exp boosts. Makes everything unlock super quick. Unlocked over half the pistols in under and hour with 100% xp boost.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
So the live scoreboard implemented into battlelog today was causing crashes at the start of every new round has now been disabled.

And there was no way they could have tested this out before they released it? This sounds like a pretty easy thing to detect in even a very basic and quick stability test.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It is... and it does it's gameplay, very well. It's fun to play.

There is no set way of how shooters should be, each has it's strengths and it's weakness... BF's weaknesses shine in Locker, it's the new Metro. Not sure why they made that. You can level up your guns quicker in Parasol Storm 64P TDM (at least that's what I found)

It's PARACEL storm, BTW.

And TDM maps aren't built for 64-players, so your argument is still crazy.

Once again: DICE did not build maps with 64-players in mind outside of Conquest and that's even debateable *SnoopBlingeeYOLO420SWAG.gif here*

Phaonaut said:
The slower games on wide open maps are nice, but you get dominated by people with more time to play the game. Experience + loadout, at least my experience.

What? No. This isn't BC2 where Magnum Ammo > *. None of the perks or guns so far have screamed "OMG UNBALANCED" to me just yet. And like BF3 the default guns are good. The problem is they start out (unlike the beta) completely barebones. The starting LMG for instance: Total domination in the beta with scopes, barrels, etc. attached to it, but now? Have to grind a bit to get it good.

Experience only helps in knowing the maps. If you're good at tactics and aiming, that level-up and unlock isn't going to do much.

Use your exp boosts. Makes everything unlock super quick. Unlocked over half the pistols in under and hour with 100% xp boost.

Eh, it takes a little longer than BF3 but it isn't too bad outside of wanting a gun that's further up the ladder than it should be. MP-443 is the third unlock and I want it, but so far it's taken me two weeks of no-2XP (outside of "launch weekend") to reach that. Mostly because I don't use pistols enough to do that but if I wanted to grind for it I could.

esai

only played 2 games today. so far no crashes or anything. found out i enjoy shotgun only servers more than pistol only one. probably cause its easier.

Patch change log

Too many fixes to bold!

Server update:
"Every time that a player exited a vehicle, there was a small chance that the server would crash."
"Sometimes the game would crash after removing old bullet holes/scratch marks in the world."
Etc.

That is too funny.
Next year I'm waiting for them to finish their game before paying anything for it.

Info from EA on how to disable the Chromatic Aberration they added today in the PC patch:

Christ. Why would they do that?

I'm just gonna tune out for a month. Hopefully things will have sorted themselves out somewhat by then.

Grief.exe

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:

3. File > Save As >

We have to figure out how to do the same process and turn up the opacity of hud elements (names, revive icons, objectives, etc).

Makes things very difficult to see.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Yep, that's my experience in BF4 so far. I want to believe shit will run smooth!!

RaptorGTA

LOL,

So havnt had to many problems with BF..a few Direct X crashes and crashes..but nothing like what some people are reporting..until today..

Just tried playing two games...both loaded fine..tried to click my spawn point..nothing...tried to spawn...nothing... tried to go to the menu..nothing...Ctrl Alt Del...well that worked..lol..

Oh my DICE...eh..reinstalling a few things and going to try again.

Grief.exe

Whats up with the screen getting all blurry every few seconds?

1. Open Notepad.

2. Paste the following:

3. File > Save As >

A game just ended on me.... it seemed like I got kicked but the screen went black and NO reason for it.No little red status bar at the bottom or anything. Right at the start of a round too

console versions should be fine just seems they are inept at coding for a wide range of systems

hahahaha no. Battlefield games have definitely been the least stable high profile series on console. when BF3 launched on 360, it would randomly crash all the way back to the 360 guide sometimes. and there were certain spots in BC2 on Harvest Day on PS3 that were like a 50/50 chance of a crash.

Bombless

A game just ended on me.... it seemed like I got kicked but the screen went black and NO reason for it.No little red status bar at the bottom or anything. Right at the start of a round too

When the screen goes black in a match (with the white loading mark in the upper right corner) and you find yourself back to desktop it means you lost connection to the server.

The only thing this patch fixed for me was the borderless mode working now, other than that there are still way too many bugs. Worst of all it seems to affecting performance a bit, just randomly spiking my fps for a few seconds and then going back up.

DTKT

DICE are probably one of the worst studios in terms of launch and stability. BC2 was awful, BF3 was awful and BF4 is awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom