• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Got damn, I looked up my stats.

150 combined Stinger and IGLA fires....0 kills. Flares and people just bailing. :(

They do fuck all damage, their only purpose is mobility kills. Although I do have 6 kills out of 113 shots, but that just means the target was probably burning when it hit. If you want kills go for ground missiles. SRAW is good.

I was alone in the Flood Zone parking garage, full of enemies with my silenced MG4 thinking I could be stealthy, then suddenly YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED AS HVT

Oh crap..

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
For those of you who are having issues with logging into Origin with PSN because your Origin and PSN emails mismatch.

Try this (requires Origin PC client):
Linking your Gamertag, PSN ID, PSVITA ID with Origin

QhkZhGh.png

If you already have another PSN ID linked up, you need to contact Origin Support to have the proper one synced up.
Seems easier to make a new origin account and since im changing PSN IDs thats what im gonna do.

F3r515_D4_G4awd_X80n3_5uck5

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
They do fuck all damage, their only purpose is mobility kills. Although I do have 6 kills out of 113 shots, but that just means the target was probably burning when it hit. If you want kills go for ground missiles. SRAW is good.
Yeah, but it's so satisfying seeing a rocket fly into a chopper a mile away and explode into 1000 points.

HelloMeow

I was alone in the Flood Zone parking garage, full of enemies with my silenced MG4 thinking I could be stealthy, then suddenly YOU HAVE BEEN TARGETED AS HVT

Oh crap..

You should be glad that you didn't get a cruise missile thrown at your head.

The last time I was sneaking around and getting a nice streak in that parking garage, I literally saw one land right in front of me.
I really regret not having shadowplay turned on at that moment. I could see the missile land 3 feet in front of me.

Gotta say I love the Skorpion CZ3A1

It's hopeless beyond a certain range unless you fire single shots but if you know how to use it you can just demolish people up close with the fire rate. The only gun I get beaten by up close these days is the FAMAS but only sometimes.

Also very happy to hear the L85A2 is back, I love that gun both technically and aesthetically. I imagine it'll look great with the variety of camo's on offer

Grief.exe

Gotta say I love the Skorpion CZ3A1

It's hopeless beyond a certain range unless you fire single shots but if you know how to use it you can just demolish people up close with the fire rate. The only gun I get beaten by up close these days is the FAMAS but only sometimes.

Also very happy to hear the L85A2 is back, I love that gun both technically and aesthetically. I imagine it'll look great with the variety of camo's on offer

I haven't even seen anyone use the FAMAS yet.

AEK is just so dandy. Similar fire rate, attach a compensator and angled grip for just dirty accuracy. Pull straight down in full auto.

Most people will stick with ACE 23 and L85 due to easy recoil control. I'm sure the SAR 21 is very popular on consoles due to that Call of Duty recoil, not competitive at all on the PC side.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I tried tablet commander on IOS, didn't care for it. Too many times it didn't register my commands and the screen isn't large enough to use without constantly zooming in and out.

The matchmaking for it is also horribad. First match it put me in had 3 players. Next match had no players. I had to keep declining matches until it gave me something reasonable.

When it put me in the match with 3 players it didn't give me any way to backout since you don't have access to controls until the round starts so I had to just sit there. Eventually turned off wi-fi on the ipad to get the game to disconnect.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
I'm really bad xD I don't know exactly what to do?

Read the "how to play" section, then it's pretty easy to figure out what to apply and when.

Just played two matches on the iPad, works great! :)

I tried tablet commander on IOS, didn't care for it. Too many times it didn't register my commands and the screen isn't large enough to use without constantly zooming in and out.

The matchmaking for it is also horribad. First match it put me in had 3 players. Next match had no players. I had to keep declining matches until it gave me something reasonable.

When it put me in the match with 3 players it didn't give me any way to backout since you don't have access to controls until the round starts so I had to just sit there. Eventually turned off wi-fi on the ipad to get the game to disconnect.

Use the server browser in Battlelog to launch into games instead of the quick match option.

daevv

It's taking the PS4 digital version soooooo long to install. It downloaded it super quick. The SP was done right away but the MP is crawling.

If any PS4 BF4 players wanna play online, add me.

SEN: OpalForHarmony (joke account name, forgot my bf4 stats were actually tied to this when i posted my main ID earlier)

zma1013

I'm convinced that the stupid random blurring is related to UAVs. I never get it unless UAVs are in the air. Played 3 matches without commanders and never had it happen once.

Also, I must be lucky but I have had zero crashes or problems other than the stupid blur.

It's so weird. BF4 has been such a disaster when it comes to the online and whatnot, I would probably even go back to BC2 and have a better time. Even BF3 should be a better option.

Plus, am I the only one who still doesn't like the idea of Battlepacks?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Dice needs to get rid of punkbuster ASAP! They are smart enough to make an engine like frostbite, and a game that can all this multiplayer madness they should be able to make good anti cheat software. Punkbuster is mayor reason new players get frustrated and blame origin. Pos program!!

HariKari

I haven't even seen anyone use the FAMAS yet.

I hate myself, so I mastered (500 kills) the FAMAS pretty quickly. It's better than the BF3 version though not by much. It still has a comically slow reload, as if having 25 per mag wasn't enough to dislike it. 1v1 inside 20 meters, that gun is unbeatable. It's just that most engagements don't work that way.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hi MODS , is it possible to have a Next Gen OT ?
Its a game that deserves it ,I guess. The 64ppl and 60fps you know .

cheers
chris

We already have a next-gen (and last-gen) thread: This one.

Fuck off with the split threads.

SolidSnakeUS said:
It's so weird. BF4 has been such a disaster when it comes to the online and whatnot, I would probably even go back to BC2 and have a better time. Even BF3 should be a better option.

Eh, BC2 PC is kinda clunky. I should see if playing it with controllers fixes the "lag" between kit items for me. Just doesn't feel as smooth as PS3, and I'm burned out on BF3. Double so that reaching max rank takes forever and DICE hasn't turned on perma 2XP like they should if they're copying CoD and the newest title is out.

Plus, am I the only one who still doesn't like the idea of Battlepacks?

No you aren't. Hiding accessories and weapons behind it is bullshit and should die in a fire.

Dice needs to get rid of punkbuster ASAP! They are smart enough to make an engine like frostbite, and a game that can all this multiplayer madness they should be able to make good anti cheat software. Punkbuster is mayor reason new players get frustrated and blame origin. Pos program!!

Does COD even use PB still?

zam

No you aren't. Hiding accessories and weapons behind it is bullshit and should die in a fire.

Are there any weapons in battlepacks? From all of the ones I've gotten there hasn't been a single weapon so far. Only attachments, paints/camos, emblems & soldier portraits, and XP boosts. And the attachments just seem to be reskins of the attachments you unlock normally (e.g angled grip and folding grip both have the exact same stats). Battlepacks are kinda dumb, but they are mostly harmless and I like the XP boosts.

Woo-Fu

Banned

DICE isn't in the anti-cheat software business, nor do they want to be. It isn't about being smart enough.

Easier to pay somebody else for that which conveniently shifts a lot of blame when it doesn't work.

kriskrosbbk

So how is the PS4 BF4 acting ? Stable ,crashes ,disconnects .? Its like just 3 people on NeoGAF bought it .No updates whatsoever.

And where are the reviews dammit. Obviosly I am from EU .

No, it uses VAC now IIRC. But that doesn't work for EA/DICE since they're pushing Origin and can't put their dedicated servers under Valve. :p

It's pretty fucking disgusting how they limited what companies are allowed to have servers like crazy. BF3 had a TON of different server providers, now there is what? 5? 6? I still seriously hope EA wakes the fuck up and just goes back to Steam and use VAC instead of the PB bullshit. PB doesn't work, period.

owlbeak

So how is the PS4 BF4 acting ? Stable ,crashes ,disconnects .? Its like just 3 people on NeoGAF bought it .No updates whatsoever.

Would also like to know this. Debating whether or not to pick it up on my way home due to how buggy it sounds on PC and current Gen.

Damn, so the Commander app is only for tablets? No word on it releasing for phones?

(I swear I read somewhere a while back that it would be released on phones as well.)

USC-fan

Banned

wish I could help you out. ny copy ship late from amazon. I get it on tues and will update. take it you are looking for feedback in multiplayer?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Are there any weapons in battlepacks? From all of the ones I've gotten there hasn't been a single weapon so far. Only attachments, paints/camos, emblems & soldier portraits, and XP boosts. And the attachments just seem to be reskins of the attachments you unlock normally (e.g angled grip and folding grip both have the exact same stats). Battlepacks are kinda dumb, but they are mostly harmless and I like the XP boosts.

Knives, and since those are counted as separate weapons instead of knife/ACB like BF3 did melee stats: Yes, technically, they're hiding weapons in Battlepacks.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So after yesterday's Client and Server update is the game a bit more stable?

Any PS4 impressions? This might decide whether I get a PS4 now or later.
From the streams i saw last night, damn crazy awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom