• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Banned
Online multiplayer on PS4 is soooo glitched right now. Only gametype I can get into is deathmatch, and one case of domination, and I'm lucky if I can finish a map. Just finished a game that I did pretty well in, but at the end the server crashes. I had heard the PC was having match making problems, now I'm very curious if they were this bad?

Are you on disk or digital?
I had to delete the game data and reinstall to solve that problem.

Digital here. Pre-ordered before the PS4 came out, base file downloads, then the "full" game, then multiplayer trickles out. The whole time China Rising has downloaded and sits in an "unable to install" state. I forced it to install last time before multiplayer had finished. Maybe this time I'll let it sit and install it afterwards, see how it happens.

NotBacon

Alright people are talking about a campaign save glitch? Sounds like you guys are getting blue screens or errors and stuff? I just played the first 3 missions and quit assuming it would autosave, apparently it didn't. No errors or any crashing so is this the same issue?

Also is everyone else also getting insta-kicked out of any MP match with more than 20 people?

Ellite25

Yeah, try deleting the system game data and then pop the disc back in for it to reinstall.
I just tried to play again and now it's not crashing anymore for whatever reason. Still can't get into a match though.

Anyone know if there's a way you can party up in the game?

hew9753

I tried for like 20 minutes and we couldn't figure out how to do it. The way Killzone does it is perfect, why didn't Dice think of this? :/

They did think of it - for Battlefield 3. On the 360 I was able to create a squad with friends from the menus and join a match as a group (provided it had enough open slots).

I have no idea why a basic feature like this was left out.

Having problems with the PS4 version as well (disk, but not fully installed). Gotten the same error three times and twice it gave me the corrupt save nonsense (and my campaign progress is gone); keeps giving me bullshit about Commander slots being full when trying to join a game with 1-5 free open slots; all attempts to join a Conquest Large match have resulted in lost connections. I think I'll just take a couple of days off from this playing this game.

FaintDeftone

I keep getting this stupid error message too on PS4. I tried reinstalling and reupdating and it still does it.

I basically can't even play the game.

Mayyhem

So you can't create a lobby with friends and join into multiplayer together on the same team in this game? What the fuck is this 2001? Fuck, I'm sure games then even had this ability.

and theres tons of issues on PS4 too? crashing? really? What the fuck are we paying for here?

This went from one of my most hyped Next-Gen games (pre-ordered on Xb1) to me literally thinking about selling it when it comes in. What a fucking travesty.

Just booted a game and got an error which created a corrupt save file. Thank god I was only on the third mission. Now I need to make sure to upload a copy to PS Plus after each level completion.

Just booted a game and got an error which created a corrupt save file. Thank god I was only on the third mission. Now I need to make sure to upload a copy to PS Plus after each level completion.

Once that happened to me, the game crashed every single time I got to the main menu. It's fucking busted.

Very weird. On my laptop if I use my login for origin BF4 is up to date and plays no problem. If a friend uses his log in it wants to download a 4GB update.

Confused.

Cronnie

Oh dear, I was hoping that at least one good thing that would come from us PC users beta testing the game for the past few weeks is that most of the bugs would be ironed out for the next-gen consoles, well apparently not.

demolitio

Wow, and I hear I thought I'd save myself some trouble and get this on PS4 instead of PC. Why do I buy any EA game at a console launch to begin with? NFS seems fine at least...

Nokterian

Damn so all errors persist on PS4? Goddamn DICE that is a faulty game but also shame on EA pushing to get those games out of the gate.

Dartastic

Something happened to me, don't even want to play the single player anymore.
Honestly, I wasn't that far but at the same time that is some utter, utter bullshit. Especially as the AI is utter crap. I can either run up RIGHT IN FRONT OF SOMEONE and stab them, or I'm going to get tracked all over the map. Oh, let's not forget the "oh! Let's get to the objective!" levels that actually are "oh! KILL EVERYONE" levels... I could go on. Fuck this. Dice, your single player levels are shit.

I'm really having a hard time adjusting to L2 and R2 aiming/shooting. Using my index fingers doesn't feel right since spot is right above shoot and using my middle fingers feels awkward. Why not just allow people that hate change L1 and R1?

So I picked this up on PS4 and I find it amazingly humorous that apart from anything screwy with the singleplayer, this may have ended up being the most optimized SKU. I mean, it's still broken, but it seems to be the least broken one so far. If they can fix four things in a speedy enough manner, I think I could end up enjoying this at BC2 levels (this is good).

"Fix this shit now" list:

1. Crashes like it don't give a fuck
2. Corrupted saves
3. Server disconnects
4. Conquest Large is broken? Servers seem to crash instantly

"What were they thinking?" list:

1. Can't customize soldier from main game screen
2. No party system

I would not be surpised if VOIP was broken because it always has been, but I disable it in favour of party chat. Hopefully stability improvements are applicable to all platforms because PC players have been dragged through the mud on this one.

Faith

I'm really having a hard time adjusting to L2 and R2 aiming/shooting. Using my index fingers doesn't feel right since spot is right above shoot and using my middle fingers feels awkward. Why not just allow people that hate change L1 and R1?
That's the way to play a shooter with a pad, since 2001 on the Xbox. Never understood why it was different on the PS3. Luckily now it's the right way.

Lakitu

st5fu
Can't believe how much EA / DICE have fucked up the release of the game. So server queues are still not in the PS4 version? That was in the BETA......

Can't believe how much EA / DICE have fucked up the release of the game. So server queues are still not in the PS4 version?
Just be patient. It was available in the PC beta but it still took the better part of the week to show up in the retail version. It's the least of your worries though if the PC version is any indication.

kudoboi

so the game is crashing on every platform released so far. just fantastic

Just be patient. It was available in the PC beta but it still took the better part of the week to show up in the retail version. It's the least of your worries though if the PC version is any indication.

whats wrong about the queue system in BF4 PC? it solved one of my major problems with the game which is having every server i try to join being full.

Mr.Fresh

Okay I love this game when it works but Whose fucking idea was it not to include a party system in 2013? EA obviously rushed this game but damn. This is the first game I hate and love at the same damn time smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom