• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm guessing you are playing on console? SAR isn't really a competitive gun in any aspect other than recoil.

Sometimes a good controlling gun is better than a faster firing/higher-damage gun.

Mobility with stability > firing wildly and missing due to recoil/etc. on move.

Jito said:
Never said that the BF3 version wasn't already great. The more good Rush maps for 4 the better.

You said a wall would make it a good Rush map. I corrected you with a "huh, It's already good...?" remark.

GJS

Resurrection is risky business now. There is a slight delay between clicking the button and shocking the body. That's long enough that you might get shot.

Plus, it tends to miss half of the time and is not unlocked by default. And yeah, the spawns are weird. I definitely like the fact that you respawn slightly outside the zone since it actually allows attackers to hold down an area.

I heard that you can just press E to do the quick 20hp revive when next to a fallen body.
I would think that the 20hp thing and having to charge is probably one of the main things putting people off. It's not worth the risk in situations where people would have revived you in previous battlefields.

Grief.exe

Sometimes a good controlling gun is better than a faster firing/higher-damage gun.

Mobility with stability > firing wildly and missing due to recoil/etc. on move.

I'm playing on PC and I absolutely prefer a gun with more stability, as TheSeks is saying. I'm playing much better this way.

In the past two Battlefield games ROF and weapon control is king.

That is why guns like M16 in BF3, and AEK/ACE23/L85 dominate BF4 today.

If you have the control, the guns are nearly as accurate.

My ps4 just told me my bf4 save is corrupt and I will have to start over. Wtf?????? Anyone had this happen? I was about 40% through single player. Fuck me.

Iskander

Neo Member
The chromatic aberration thing is driving me nuts. And the crashing is getting worse - before the patch, it was rock solid, but the last two days, I'm getting the sound loop hang or just plain crashing out about every 30 minutes.

Hard to develop any skills when you get dropped right when you're getting into the groove...

duxstar

Is this game able to be played now on PS4, or should I just leave my copy shrink wrapped, and return it for something like Knack? I keep hearing theres so many issues you can't play online.

I just want to open it up, go to multiplayer and play conquest (the one where you have x amount of tickets and defend the flags)

Is this currently working on the PS4?

Facism

My ps4 just told me my bf4 save is corrupt and I will have to start over. Wtf?????? Anyone had this happen? I was about 40% through single player. Fuck me.

you can get yuour save back via the cloud saves function, not sure ont he specifics but give it a google

dkeane

Is this game able to be played now on PS4, or should I just leave my copy shrink wrapped, and return it for something like Knack? I keep hearing theres so many issues you can't play online.

I just want to open it up, go to multiplayer and play conquest (the one where you have x amount of tickets and defend the flags)

Return it and get it for cheap in 6 months

Grief.exe

return it and get Killzone or COD. show EA/DICE that you aren't a sucker.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
In the past two Battlefield games ROF and weapon control is king.

That is why guns like M16 in BF3, and AEK/ACE23/L85 dominate BF4 today.

If you have the control, the guns are nearly as accurate.

Doesn't matter. PDW-R/P90 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M16 in mobility. If I can run around a wall faster than you can put two bullets in me, turn up a set of stairs and then nail you as you come around the corner your "max damage" set isn't gonna do you good.

A lot of people sleep on the lower firing guns but they're just as deadly in good hands.

Grief.exe

Doesn't matter. PDW-R/P90 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> M16 in mobility. If I can run around a wall faster than you can put two bullets in me, turn up a set of stairs and then nail you as you come around the corner your "max damage" set isn't gonna do you good.

A lot of people sleep on the lower firing guns but they're just as deadly in good hands.

Its really the opposite, the higher ROF guns are more deadly in good hands.

The lower ROF guns are the only thing someone with bad recoil control can use.

You do have to find a good match though. Famas is almost unusable in certain situations, that is why M16 in BF3 and AEK/L85 in BF4 were considered the best guns for all situations.

Cmagus

How long does this thing take to install on the PS4? My main menu says the campaign is ready but full game is at like 58% after 2 hours.

This game is a mess on PS4. Trying to join the same squad and game with a group of friends should not be this fucking difficult. It almost made me go out and buy CoD

With the server browser not working for most & no party system everyone's got to be joining via quick match. It's dumb though & I feel your pain. I've been rolling with the same 4-5 guys since launch day & it usually takes a minimum of an hour to get everyone IN the game, let alone on the same team.

I'm not getting booted as other people though, so at least I can get some quality play time in. Knock on wood.

Cheech

It is totally broken for me on PS4. I get an error every time I select Multiplayer, and I got the corrupt saves error and lost my save. On Friday, Multiplayer didn't crash, but I couldn't join any games because it told me the game already had max commanders, even though I was trying to join as a non commander.

If you can get a full refund, I'd do it. As I got mine on a deal for $40 and I have other stuff to play, I'm keeping it. It's getting traded in if its not working by this Friday night.

As it stands tonight, though, the game is literally garbage. It's one of the most broken things I've ever seen, and I've bought every BF game going back to 1942. It's more broken than an MMO with all the servers down, because at least in that case the error message is accurate and makes sense.

IMO, whoever made the decision to release this should be fired and never work in a managerial position ever again.

wrongway

I can't really get behind this negativity for the SAR. Sure, if you're top-tier player playing in a highly competitive setting with people of similar skill, you're going to want whatever advantage you can get. But for the silly, chaotic Battlefield that the other 99% of us play? The SAR's fine. Dedicated some time to it this evening and enjoyed it quite a bit.

Couple example rounds after getting some unlocks:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/402601732056350912/247438993/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/402614885821513920/247438993/

HelloMeow

I love shadowplay, 60fps recording and slow mo.

ibxgXXBisILDHi.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So basically there seems to be no difference between high and ultra? Cause if thats the case I wouldnt mind toning down the settings even though I'm getting about 50-70 fps

There's a difference, but it's not massively noticeable. It is contextual though, as "Effects" should dictate stuff like dust, particles, volumetrics, etc, and those are large variables. Like a tank exploding, now rubble streaming out thick smoke, or gunfire kicking up dust. If you find your framerate dropping during these moments, maybe try tweaking down Effects to High for a bit of a boost.

I'm pretty convinced the major performance hit in these instances, like the tree, is the complexity of transparency filtering on effects. Like dust, baked light beams, and so on. On ultra it seems to sample the transparency at much higher detail and complexity allowing for sharper, more realistic imagery through a transparent layer. Lower settings decrease the complexity, as evident in my shot where the tree's branches look more fragmented/jagged through the light stream.

Transparency is expensive.

AmyS

I've been able to play a few rounds of Conquest on PS4 and even caused the dam to break twice in Lancang but not without eventually losing the connection and obviously never with large numbers of players, just a handful.

Spl1nter

i can't stress enough how good the mk11 mod is with the acog + angled grip

It becomes a better gun but I wouldn't consider it to be truly great. Probably the best of all the DMRs. However they all need a buff to damage at range. They drop off to 4 hit kill too quickly.

Z3M0G

It is totally broken for me on PS4. I get an error every time I select Multiplayer, and I got the corrupt saves error and lost my save. On Friday, Multiplayer didn't crash, but I couldn't join any games because it told me the game already had max commanders, even though I was trying to join as a non commander.

If you can get a full refund, I'd do it. As I got mine on a deal for $40 and I have other stuff to play, I'm keeping it. It's getting traded in if its not working by this Friday night.

As it stands tonight, though, the game is literally garbage. It's one of the most broken things I've ever seen, and I've bought every BF game going back to 1942. It's more broken than an MMO with all the servers down, because at least in that case the error message is accurate and makes sense.

IMO, whoever made the decision to release this should be fired and never work in a managerial position ever again.
This is crazy. Is this the general consensus of the ps4 version? I'm still waiting for my target to get the game in stock before I trade in my unopened copy of fifa I got with the b2g1 deal... should I get ghosts instead? Because I really don't want to do that... they cant let this go on forever right? A patch must be around the corner...

I love shadowplay, 60fps recording and slow mo.

ibxgXXBisILDHi.gif

ShadowPlay is incredible. I love how you can have it constantly recording the last 20 minutes of activity so that you never miss out on capturing amazing moments. It really makes me glad I went with a GTX 780 rather than 290/290x. As someone who creates a lot of gaming videos, it's already proven to be an invaluable tool and I can't wait to see how it improves as time goes on.

Spl1nter

A good tip for anyone using the SMGs, with a ergo/vertical grip you are just as accurate moving with ads as standing still. Basically no reason to ever not be moving when using the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom