• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Why doesn't it let me bind the gadgets on my mouse thumb button? (G9X)
I don't want to remap my g9x profile to a key because I use it for other games too.
It looks like the game just wants the first gadget to be on the "3" key.
I have windows 8.1 btw

I have the same problem. I have a CM Spawn and can't bind anything to the forward thumb button. It worked in beta, but not retail. Very strange, can't find a solution.

It's still pretty bad. I've only played it a couple hours or so since the last update and already I've experienced the audio bug on both Lancang and Golmud, the now-infamous "blur" bug in which your screen will blur every few seconds for no apparent reason, a randomly disappearing crosshair (hit markers included), and even client crashes when some servers change maps.

In short: Brokenfield 4 is still as broken as ever. Hopefully they'll have it fixed by the end of this year.

The randomly disappearing crosshair happens on the PS4 version as well. Going to the start menu or spotting something makes it come back.

gossi

I played some more tonight and man, this game is SO BROKEN. Good job the press picked up on the problems at the carefully controlled Review Event and alerted everybody...

Example - the no sound problem. They've patched that by adding a hack into the code to check the sound code is working periodically, and restart it if it has failed. That's why the sound now stops and then starts back up about 10 seconds later. They never actually fixed the bug. The game clearly got shipped before it was finished.

PatchRowcester

Neo Member
I don't want to remap my g9x profile to a key because I use it for other games too.
I have windows 8.1 btw

I am using the deathadder, and I am able to bind gadgets to my mouse buttons. I am on Windows 7.

I will post the layout of my configuration when I get home, but I am definitely able to use the mouse buttons for gadgets. That would almost be a deal breaker for me to not be able to use mouse the mouse side buttons.

Grief.exe

2-3 headshots just don't register. I would have lost that encounter if he was looking my way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21JTfYUELpU

OT I tried using the holographic sight and I couldn't get a thing. The sides are so large and the middle is so busy that I can't make out my target.

Back to Coyote/Kobra/RDS for me.

Can't believe this thread hasn't been split yet. It's like 90% PS4 problems.

I'm firmly opposed to thread splitting.

Skip past the PS4 issues and continue about the discussion until those specific issues are dealt with, no reason to fragment the community.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Can't believe this thread hasn't been split yet. It's like 90% PS4 problems.
I think its mostly PC and PS4 but probably because thats where the majority of the folks are playin'

Once the game gets fixed we'll be a happy family again. <3 tsigo <3

Jito

Banned
I have windows 8.1 btw

I have the same problem although some of my gadgets do work such as Ammo Boxes, Med Kits, C4 and Motion Balls. I had the same problem in BF3 so it's nothing new and I doubt they'll ever fix it.

Tak3n

Banned
I feel mortars are op since unlocking it my last 3 games were 17-1..12-0...10-1 I presume the opposing team can counter me with their own mortar player but they never seem to

legacyzero

Banned
I thought your BF4 progress was unified across across all platforms? Or is that for Call a Duty.

You know what I mean, right? Items I unlock on PC are available on PS4 for instance?

Chronoja

I feel mortars are op since unlocking it my last 3 games were 17-1..12-0...10-1 I presume the opposing team can counter me with their own mortar player but they never seem to

Probably because so few people seem to play support, all engineers and snipers with the occasional assault here and there. (I have no statistical numbers, just anecdotal evidence from what I've seen in the games I've played)

So I just saw a level 89 on the PS4 version. Were you able to keep your stats and unlocks from the Ps3 version or something? Because I can't even finish a round without the servers crashing to level up at all.

Apart from the game being shambles technically, there's a couple of things that I feel are different compared to BF3 (and maybe BFBC2?) but can't remember if it's true or not:

1) Nobody seems to resurrect anyone anymore.
2) Spawn locations seem random in a bad way, it's really disorienting when you are 100m away from the objective you spawned at and not even looking towards it.

DTKT

Apart from the game being shambles technically, there's a couple of things that I feel are different but can't remember if it's true or not:

1) Nobody seems to resurrect anyone anymore.
2) Spawn locations seem random in a bad way, it's really disorienting when you are 100m away from the objective you spawned at and not even looking towards it.

Resurrection is risky business now. There is a slight delay between clicking the button and shocking the body. That's long enough that you might get shot.

Plus, it tends to miss half of the time and is not unlocked by default. And yeah, the spawns are weird. I definitely like the fact that you respawn slightly outside the zone since it actually allows attackers to hold down an area.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Now that it is a remote mortar and accuracy isn't that great they need a UAV or boots on the ground to find the support guy. Kill the mortar tube and he just sticks another one out there---which he is doing anyway so he doesn't have to wait for ammo to replenish.

foogles

Resurrection is risky business now. There is a slight delay between clicking the button and shocking the body. That's long enough that you might get shot.

Plus, it tends to miss half of the time and is not unlocked by default. And yeah, the spawns are weird. I definitely like the fact that you respawn slightly outside the zone since it actually allows attackers to hold down an area.
It's not just this. Many gamers are constantly min-maxing, and at some point they'll notice that defibs give relatively few points (12 out of squad, 20 in squad, I believe). Of course, they would also be getting defib ribbons worth 200 fairly often, but I've seen players get the defib, try it once or twice, see the points they get, and then basically never touch it again.

Tak3n

Banned
Interesting numbers on bfstats.com

Current Gen ruling the roost, followed closely by PC, PS4 is well behind, though that is to be expected...

Tak3n

Banned
Now that it is a remote mortar and accuracy isn't that great they need a UAV or boots on the ground to find the support guy. Kill the mortar tube and he just sticks another one out there---which he is doing anyway so he doesn't have to wait for ammo to replenish.

What?

I can place and leave it? I have been sitting there aiming the damn thing

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I thought your BF4 progress was unified across across all platforms? Or is that for Call a Duty.

You know what I mean, right? Items I unlock on PC are available on PS4 for instance?

Only within the console family is what i've been led to believe

aka
if you play on PS3, the stats can be transferred to PS4
Xbox 360 ---> Xbox One

AmyS

[PS4]

Got into a Conquest Lancang Dam match.- I am able to filter what server I want MUCH MUCH better for PS4 using the separate PC for Battlelog. The filtering is CRAP on PS4 in comparison. Was able to stay long enough to HELP cause Levolution, bringing down the dam. I'll have to check my recently visited servers to see if it was the Large version of Lancang Dam Conquest.

I am using only hardwired LAN / ethernet connections for PS4 and laptop to my XFINITY gateway. I'm not going to complicate & slow things down by using WiFi.

Lvlcap just tweeted out about the new iteration of Operation Metro.

2PT0hy5.png

Trickster

Is team balancing in this game limited to making sure there is even numbers on both sides?So often the games are completely loopsided. It's like nothing other than player ratio is taken into account

Grief.exe

Is team balancing in this game limited to making sure there is even numbers on both sides?So often the games are completely loopsided. It's like nothing other than player ratio is taken into account

That's how its always been in battlefield games, which, unfourtunatley, can leave quite a gulf in player skill.

I generally play with a few comp players while they are pubbing and I've noticed that even we can't turn the tide during some games.

Dr Prob

Banned
Chopper whores who don't help cap flags are the worst

No one is worse than the chopper pilots in Obliteration who won't pick up the bomb carrier. NO ONE! That mode is such a glorious clusterfuck. I love it.

Dude picks up the bomb, next dude rides up to him on an ATV beeping the horn. He's going to deliver him to the promised land! First dude goes prone on top of a rock.

*beep beep*

But it was just fine the way it was :(

Ehhh some areas were fucked on that map,the tunnels got so completely choked up at times. So did the stairs and it just forced nade spam. It was fun to a degree for shits and giggles but the map certainly needed improving

Spreadable fire through the grass is dumb though I think, barely anyone actually sat on that grass because it was too exposed. Unless they changed THAT too

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm trying to play BF4 on PS4, but it says that an update is downloading for BF4 (not system update). This is my first time using a PS4. How do I check to see game update progress?

HelloMeow

OT I tried using the holographic sight and I couldn't get a thing. The sides are so large and the middle is so busy that I can't make out my target.

Back to Coyote/Kobra/RDS for me.

I like the ballistic circle and dots. Comes in handy when using a suppressor on longer ranges.

But I mostly use it for it's looks.

RoKKeR

But it was just fine the way it was :(

Wow, WOW, not it was not. Haha, I'm glad that they added more routes than the what, three that were present in the tunnels in BF3? Yeah I get that everybody loves that it's just a shit show of choke points a few extra options is a very welcome addition.

Wow, WOW, not it was not. Haha, I'm glad that they added more routes than the what, three that were present in the tunnels in BF3? Yeah I get that everybody loves that it's just a shit show of choke points a few extra options is a very welcome addition.

Yeah it's fun to sit and spray and watch kills pile up for no skill (especially with the shit suppression that was in BF3) but it definitely needed improving

People said that about Locker but it's still just as bad.

Yep, Locker is ass on anything but TDM and Domination. Those "extra" pathways mean fuck all

Dysun

This game is a mess on PS4. Trying to join the same squad and game with a group of friends should not be this fucking difficult. It almost made me go out and buy CoD

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom