• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

vixlar

I think Levolution on Shanghai - Rush is a lost opportunity.

It would be cool that the skyscrapper starts well, with both coms in there, but very close. So it could be difficult to get there but easy to destroy both comms if you get there. The defense spawn in the building. The attackers have the option to destroy the building, and if they succeed, then map goes like it is now. Now, the reason I think this option would be good is because the defenders would try to defend the whole building if they don't want it to be destroyed instead of just the comms.

HelloMeow

Is it just the PS4 MP which is bonked - or is the PC equally as screwed up? I finally finished SP on the PC and wanted to try MP. Tried logging into 3 separate games over 15 minutes- but it keeps shutting down (after waiting for a good 3/4 minutes on the loading screen)

The PC version is buggy, unfinished and unplayable at times.

Tak3n

Banned
Call me paranoid and pass me a tin foil hat.... I have a suspicion the Xbox One launch on BF4 will go perfect, their servers will be stable, playable, no crashes...

Of course Dice will say it is because they had time to get the fixes in place!

Tekku

Is the framerate consistent on PS4? I have a pretty good PC and I'm getting some annoying drops on Shanghai and Dawnbreaker.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BTW is there any official statement about the state of the game? Or just posts on the forum?

This reminds me of when BFBC2 stopped working for a month or so.

Ooccoo

Call me paranoid and pass me a tin foil hat.... I have a suspicion the Xbox One launch on BF4 will go perfect, their servers will be stable, playable, no crashes...

Meanwhile you can't get online on PS4. This shit needs to stop. I fucking hate next-gen already

zma1013

Rush in this game is so shitty. Many of the 1st sets on maps they put the MCOMs like 10 feet away from each other with the defender spawn right beside them. What in the f@#$ are we supposed to do about that as attackers?

dwix

Is the framerate consistent on PS4? I have a pretty good PC and I'm getting some annoying drops on Shanghai and Dawnbreaker.

I've played about 3 hours of MP and haven't noticed a frame rate drop once. Though, there could always be more taxing maps that I just haven't played yet. Also, still haven't played Conquest because of server issues. That will be the real test as it is 64 players.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ShadowPlay is incredible. I love how you can have it constantly recording the last 20 minutes of activity so that you never miss out on capturing amazing moments. It really makes me glad I went with a GTX 780 rather than 290/290x. As someone who creates a lot of gaming videos, it's already proven to be an invaluable tool and I can't wait to see how it improves as time goes on.

Needs to let me be able to record full matches before I consider ditching OBS. 45+ min rounds killed because of Shadowplay restrictions of 20 mins? Nononononono.

Of course it doesn't help that OBS isn't able to be used AFAIK currently due to DICE fucking up Steam overlay and the like/third party stuff.

TheSeks

I will say the one map that is REALLY bad on Rush is the resort one. First set is impossible for the attackers with them getting RHIB's that are either blown away by the AA and the ability for the defense to get in the RHIB, switch to gunner seat and then 360 swivel the machine gun around for an infinite ammo firing gun on swimming infantry to great effect.

I've used that last trick so many times on that map. DICE needs to remove that. :/

(And needs to give a little more cover for said swimmers.)

I don't think I've seen past the first set except maybe 2-3 times.

Tak3n

Banned
Rush in this game is so shitty. Many of the 1st sets on maps they put the MCOMs like 10 feet away from each other with the defender spawn right beside them. What in the f@#$ are we supposed to do about that as attackers?

need someone on the team with Mortars, clear the area nicely

taoofjord

Anyone have any good PC on high vs PS4 comparison that compare the effects and textures (the AA and resolution differences are a given)? I should probably just do this myself tonight if no one else has. We heard from the media that PS4's version of BF4 was the equivalent of the PC version on high. That definitely does not seem to be the case. It seems, to me, to be a mix of low and medium settings. Either way, I much prefer playing with the PS4 controller against other people using controllers (the PS4 controller is so good). I'd love to see a comparison so I know what exactly is different so I can set my OCD nature at ease. :)

Needs to let me be able to record full matches before I consider ditching OBS. 45+ min rounds killed because of Shadowplay restrictions of 20 mins? Nononononono.

Of course it doesn't help that OBS isn't able to be used AFAIK currently due to DICE fucking up Steam overlay and the like/third party stuff.

You can use Shadowplay to record for any period of time just like any other recording software. 20 minutes is the limit when you're not actively recording but the software is doing it anyway (shadow recording).

scogoth

It can. You just have to start manual recording. The 20 min limit is only for the live rolling buffer.

Heysoos

Don't be surprised when Xbox One users have the exact same problems. DICE has always had horrible release day/weeks problems on consoles.

Don't be surprised when Xbox One users have the exact same problems. DICE has always had horrible release day/weeks problems on consoles.

You mean months. I remember fighting with the BC2 servers (on the 360, at least) a few months after it came out. If the BF games weren't so damn fun, I wouldn't put up with this stuff... Oh well.

I've seen almost all of the levolution events on the PS4 first hand with not a single noticeable framerate drop. It's crazy smooth... but that being said... it's broken. Constant game crashing, booting from matches and only realy TDM, Dom, and some rush and obliteration.

HildyB

Was on the Xbox roster but its just so sad in there, so I got a PS4 and put myself on that roster.

Got Premium on but it isn't registering for me on the PS4... bummer

20cent

Banned
Can't play at all on PS4. "Lost connection to the EA servers"

Last time I buy an EA game. Should have known

edit; I don't care about the campaign

Same problem on PC since day one, I can connect once in a while but I already gave up. Fuck them.

Grief.exe

Im getting my KZ bundle next week. It'll be the only game I have for awhile since I'm broke from buying the PS4. But I really want this, might trade it in for this. How is SP and MP compared to KZ's SP and MP? I heard that KZ's online was surprisingly really fun. But damn... THe vids I see of Battlefield.. Destrucion, vehicles, warfareeee. :eek:

The single player is garbage in both games.

elyetis

Ohhhhh.. so that's why my capture always end up bad.. I never tried recording a video with OBS before bf4 ( need my gif ! ) so thought it was because of some mistake in my settings.

Even if it ended cropped I'm still happy about that one :

i8rPt0dIiijqN.gif

How far EA has fallen...

BF4 fucking up on all platforms.
NBA Live 14 was delayed a full year to be worked on, but turns out to be a piece of shit.
Madden 25 on the next-gen consoles are really nothing and are basically lazy ports.
Crysis 3 being worse than 1 or 2.
New C&C shutdown and canned.
Worse MoH than the first one (modern ones).
NCAA debacle and it being very mediocre.
SimCity being a pile of shit.
Skate not having a next-gen return.

Sorry... just had to point these all out that they really just don't give a shit...

That would be the Mortar :)

it is very OP and expect it to be patched, basically fire off your 5 rockets, hit E, place it back down, you are fully reloaded

basically infinite Ammo, you can destroy maps, I can only imagine it is a bug, and is bound to be patched as people moan about it all over youtube

No, i meant the UCAV from the china rising dlc

TheSeks

Ohhhhh.. so that's why my capture always end up bad.. I never tried recording a video with OBS before bf4 ( need my gif ! ) so thought it was because of some mistake in my settings.

Even if it ended cropped I'm still happy about that one :

It's partially settings and partially the game. DICE has changed some stuff to where the x64 version screws around with some clients like Steam and other programs because they are 32-bit currently.

Seconded, if you want a campaign, get CoD. The multiplayer also works, with working voice, so bonus there as well.

CoD ghosts campaign is one of the worst ones yet.

Frankly KZ has been the best of the three so far when it comes to SP, it tries to be different at least with more variety. They all are highly flawed though.

Grief.exe

Seconded, if you want a campaign, get CoD. The multiplayer also works, with working voice, so bonus there as well.

No.

If you want a campaign, buy a good game dedicated to the single player. Not something that is just throwing it together for marketing reasons.

So many great, linear single player games came out this year alone. Metro: LL, Shadow Warrior, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Buy them, play them, come to the realization of what a good FPS should be.

Also some of these don't require ADS. I get so tired of being forced to be rooted to the ground for multiplayer reasons.

No.

If you want a campaign, buy a good game dedicated to the single player. Not something that is just throwing it together for marketing reasons.

So many great, linear single player games came out this year alone. Metro: LL, Shadow Warrior, and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Also some of these don't require ADS. I get so tired of being forced to be rooted to the ground for multiplayer reasons.

I will always recommend Last Light up and down the street. LOVE that game.

AmyS

Yes.

I'm fairly sensitive to framerate drops in games.. It's not like I can count frames but so far from what I can tell, no matter what I've done in PS4 BF4, be it SP campaign or MP, the framerate seems to be locked at 60 in every situation I've encountered. I'd even dare to say the PS4 version is silky smooth.

Hopefully 60fps will hold up whenever MP starts to get fixed and when there are more & more people playing in large maps with shit blowing up everywhere, particles, dust, etc.

TheSeks

You can use Shadowplay to record for any period of time just like any other recording software. 20 minutes is the limit when you're not actively recording but the software is doing it anyway (shadow recording).

It can. You just have to start manual recording. The 20 min limit is only for the live rolling buffer.

Mindblown. They should word "Shadowtime" better.

Gonna try out the quality settings tonight then.

Axial

METRO is coming back? Cool, one of the better infantry maps in BF3. Really glad they're bringing it back with some improvements.
Just saw someone who was level 108!!!
Either someone with too much free time or flagrun boosting. Someone on the Battlelog forums wrote that people on flagrun servers manage to max out the scoreboard during one round with 99999 points. No worries though, DICE is gonna reset their stats sooner or later.

Grief.exe

No.

I will always recommend Last Light up and down the street. LOVE that game.

The Metro series has some flaws, but they are great games overall.

METRO is coming back? Cool, one of the better infantry maps in BF3. Really glad they're bringing it back with some improvements.

It was one of the best hallway-shooting simulators that a particular portion of the player base loves due the lack of a rational thought requirement.

It was great in a 5v5 situation on a competitive level, but no one ever refers to that aspect.

TheSeks

Woah, a 20min 59 second recording with Shadowplay is like 6.89Gig on High. I guess that buffer target is a rough estimation for how big at 20 mins of those settings after-all.

Guess I'm going to see how big Low is and the quality.

TheSeks

http://i.imgur.com/EQl4iys.gif

I know. WTF, GAF... I didn't think it posted until I just saw it quad post.

Also Low sets a three minute video to like 300 megs. Not too bad but man... I forgot how huge video recording is.

Anyway: I'm REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY impressed by Splinter's flying from seeing him in spectator mode/first-person view. If he's playing on a keyboard and mouse: WOW. I have no idea how he makes that shit look smooth and nail his targets like that when I was fumbling with the jets with KB&M in the test range.

Just bought myself a GTX 780Ti and an i7-4770k (for video rendering mostly).

This game's gonna test it well :D

Oh man, your GTX 780 Ti should devour it unless you're playing at an insane resolution. My GTX 780 (non-Ti) averages ~70 FPS completely maxed out at 1080p in both the campaign and 64-player servers.

AmyS

I've continued to test PS4 BF4 in conjunction with Battlelog on non-gaming netbook/laptop to connect PS4 to its servers. I've only used Google Chrome on the PC to do this.

Most of the games that I cannot join are because there were no Commander slots available. Most of the kicks were from being idle too long. There are still real disconnects/crashes though.

I've been able to get into a number of Conquest matches but not before a server crash happened sooner or later. Also, although I've seen many matches that show they are filled with 32 or 64 players, or near that, I'm never able to successfully join them when there's still room.

I've probably never been in a game with more than say, 20-25 people, give or take, at most..

Using Battlelog on PC to make PS4 join servers most certainly improves the MP situation to a large degree but regardless, DICE/EA has their work cut out for them.

Ocho

Squad score and Win/Loss are much better metrics to measure a good player. K/D and SPM are much less important to me because its not too difficult to have a 3+ K/D if you only use vehicles or a SPM of 1000 if you only play TDM or 24/7 operation locker.

Who the fuck only uses vehicles? That's disgusting.

To be honest, W/L depends on if you play with a squad of guys or you don't. There's little one person can do in a 64 player server. I've gone 40-3 and still lose, with a lot of capture points, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom