• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazillion

One thing that's driving me crazy on the PS4 SKU:

Why in the hell is the Battlelog mapped to the big touchscreen button? Why on earth do they think people need instant access to this feature? Add on top of that the fact that it's a laggy sluggish mess when it's trying to load your stats... just... ugh.

I've accidentally hit this button so many times while trying to press the options button to bring up the map. Then that awful laggy window pops up obscuring everything, and I'm slamming on the touchpad button to get rid of it while some guy is shooting me in the face.

Just put the damn thing in the options menu. Please give us the option to de-map it at least.
I know, I can't seem to hit the options button on the ps4 controller without hitting the touch pad accidentally first. So I always have to look down at my controller when pressing it. Taking longer than I thought it would to get used to that

vixlar

One thing that's driving me crazy on the PS4 SKU:

Why in the hell is the Battlelog mapped to the big touchscreen button? Why on earth do they think people need instant access to this feature? Add on top of that the fact that it's a laggy sluggish mess when it's trying to load your stats... just... ugh.

I've accidentally hit this button so many times while trying to press the options button to bring up the map. Then that awful laggy window pops up obscuring everything, and I'm slamming on the touchpad button to get rid of it while some guy is shooting me in the face.

Just put the damn thing in the options menu. Please give us the option to de-map it at least.

I'm not sure about PS4, but in PC and X360, in Gameplay options, turn "Battlelog on game" off (I don't recall the exact name, but you get the idea)

But seriously, one of the worst "additions" to any game I can remember

kakashi08

I'm looking for this bf4 website where it tells how many players been playing bf4 "online" on each console/PC. I saw it for bf3, is it the same for bf4? I don't remember the website.
Anyone? :)

Edit: Nvm. Found it. It's bf4stats.com if anyone else wanted to know.

Dat 25mm cannon

iYqA4J1RUPMSB.gif

I'm just getting my PS4 today along with this game and have a quick question ... I've read about al the MP issues but is anyone having problems with the SP? I had planned on playing the SP anyway to get the MP unlocks so if there are no issues I'll definetly do that before trying the MP.

Lost all my progress once. Just gone. Settings too. :shrug

I'm I the only one enjoying this game? Granted, I'm only playing TDM, but I really haven't had any issues. I did notice that there is basically nothing for Conquest servers, but I've put in like 4 hours of TDM and had no problems.

todahawk

I'm trying to set up my load outs. Is there a way to do this outside of a game?

the battlelog app is nice. i get to tweak my kits and loadouts at work :|

@quarantine: i have some crashes and kicks back to menu but i'm starting to get in my BF groove again and having fun. got my head properly on a swivel now.

During PS4 single player, I get a ce-34878-0 error code and crash about every 15 minutes of playtime. I'm rather enjoying the single player, but this shit is pissing me off. I would classify the game as barely playable right now. In all my life I have never had a console game crash so much. This has the record by so many, I don't imagine any game beating it. I will not have fond memories of BF4 during the PS4 launch.

I'll push through, but I am really disappointed.

DryvBy

During PS4 single player, I get a ce-34878-0 error code and crash about every 15 minutes of playtime. I'm rather enjoying the single player, but this shit is pissing me off. I would classify the game as barely playable right now. In all my life I have never had a console game crash so much. This has the record by so many, I don't imagine any game beating it. I will not have fond memories of BF4 during the PS4 launch.

Basically, they put out a game to hit launch but didn't delay it's broken self because COD and $. I really want my money back until they fix it. I could have got FIFA or just saved my money.

AmyS

Okay in Paracel Storm for Levelution how to I destroy the windmill thing or damage it enough to free the ship so it crashes on the island? I'm on PS4.

Codiox

Just played the ps3 version 10h now and really love it! I can only imagine how good this will be on my ps4 next week! Great game! But where can i customize my soldier when im in the main menu?? Cant find it :-(

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"

Every 15 minutes? Does it have anything to do with the auto-recording of gameplay feature perhaps?

Yeah, it just crashed again in single player after less than 5 minutes of play. I'm done with this game for the forseeable future.

I'll play through the CoD single player for now and revisit BF4 in a couple of weeks. The game is completely broken. There should be laws against this type of thing.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Codiox

Okay in Paracel Storm for Levelution how to I destroy the windmill thing or damage it enough to free the ship so it crashes on the island? I'm on PS4.
You have to shoot on the destroyed part of the mill on the downside of it. But i believe it only works when the storm has arrived

Dat 25mm cannon

iYqA4J1RUPMSB.gif

Wish I was good in Choppers :( Sick of being on the receiving end

You have to shoot on the destroyed part of the mill on the downside of it. But i believe it only works when the storm has arrived

Correct, there is a huge cracked section where the ship is touching it that you have to hit. You will get hit markers when you do so. It takes a bit of pounding to do it

And yeah only possible after the storm because lightning hits it and creates that crack

DryvBy

Yeah, it just crashed again in single player after less than 5 minutes of play. I'm done with this game for the forseeable future.

I'll play through the CoD single player for now and revisit BF4 in a couple of weeks. The game is completely broken. There should be laws against this type of thing.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME

Yeah, there should be. I know they're going to "fix it" but that doesn't help me right now. Insane they can take your money and not have to give it back for a broken product.

iso135

Is it sad that despite all this games issues I am still considering picking up premium? Just seems like this game will be worth it as I have put in ~60 hours between beta, single player, and multiplayer. I have been fatigued with the crashes, audio bugs, etc. However, I am confident they will fix it though, and if they don't I still think I will enjoy playing this game.

I don't know...just trying to put some positive thoughts out there. It is unacceptable that it has this many issues, but when it works man is it fun.

AmyS

Unless DICE has introduced major improvements to the PS4 servers and they've taken effect, for SOME reason multi player seems to be significantly better when I use Battlelog on my netbook and join matches on servers using Battlelog on the netbook.This is all new to me, but when I join on battlelog using the netbook, the PS4 responds near instantly. There are still crashes but it does not seem to be AS severe as it was without.

For the first time, I don't need to use Quick Match. Using DICE's recommended servers through Battlelog on my netbook, there are players in matches that I can join. I even managed to get into a Conquest match, although it did crash after a few min.

Will update later when I've tried this more.

Pastry

Banned
Just curious if anyone got a pre-order bonus from amazon for the ps4 version? I thought we were supposed to get a gold battlepack?

Yeah I got my free battlepack from Amazon, they sent a code to my e-mail.

Unless DICE has introduced major improvements to the PS4 servers and they've taken effect, for SOME reason multi player seems to be significantly better when I use Battlelog on my netbook and join matches on servers using Battlelog on the netbook.This is all new to me, but when I join on battlelog using the netbook, the PS4 responds near instantly. There are still crashes but it does not seem to be AS severe as it was without.

For the first time, I don't need to use Quick Match. Using DICE's recommended servers through Battlelog on my netbook, there are players in matches that I can join. I even managed to get into a Conquest match, although it did crash after a few min.

Will update later when I've tried this more.

From what I can tell you're right. I've been using the Battlelog app and I've had decent success with games. It's also how I've been playing with another people from GAF. I join a game using the app and once they see me join it on the battlelog website they immediately hop in to the game. We almost always end up on the same squad.

PC version still acting like a bitch? Haven't played in the past few days.

It's still pretty bad. I've only played it a couple hours or so since the last update and already I've experienced the audio bug on both Lancang and Golmud, the now-infamous "blur" bug in which your screen will blur every few seconds for no apparent reason, a randomly disappearing crosshair (hit markers included), and even client crashes when some servers change maps.

In short: Brokenfield 4 is still as broken as ever. Hopefully they'll have it fixed by the end of this year.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member

Yeah I'm pretty pissed. This is the only console game I can ever remember buying off the top of my head that wouldn't even run. Single player crashes within minutes, MP won't run at all. Both crash every time. This is insane, I can't believe they put this in a box and sold it. That's high level scumbaggery.

- To be fair the single player ran for about 3-5 hours before it crashed the first time I ever fired up. After it did crash (and delete my saves) then it repeatedly starting failing after a few minutes every time. MP however has never worked

Yeah I'm pretty pissed. This is the only console game I can ever remember buying off the top of my head that wouldn't even run. Single player crashes within minutes, MP won't run at all. Both crash every time. This is insane, I can't believe they put this in a box and sold it. That's high level scumbaggery.

- To be fair the single player ran for about 3-5 hours before it crashed the first time I ever fired up. After it did crash (and delete my saves) then it repeatedly starting failing after a few minutes every time. MP however has never worked

It sucks that they even managed to FUBAR the console release. I know one thing: This is the absolute worst multiplayer FPS launch I can recall, and I've been playing PC games for a long, long time. Battlefield games almost always have rocky launches, but Battlefield 4 takes it to a whole new level. EA and DICE have really outdone themselves with this turd, and I almost guarantee you they were well aware of its issues and shoved it out the door anyways to beat Ghosts to the punch.

AmyS

Playing a match in Domination - Paracel Storm. I'm getting killed a lot because I'm gaming on the PS4 on my HDTV and have the Netbook with Battlelog /Battlescreen and trying to post on GAF as well. Haven't crashed for awhile.

Actually believe it or not, I am at present having more trouble posting on GAF than I am staying connected in BF4.

Man I had a great time playing with Olimpia and Faceless yesterday.

I had a hard time keeping up but I think I did well considering it's been something like 7 or 8 months since I played BF3.

What times are you guys playing? Seems like there is no one playing on the afternoon or early evening anymore.

I'm getting my PS4 around December 17, what about you guys? (PS3 crew: Olimpia, Faceless, Dream, Evolved, etc.)

Hopefully by then the MP issues will be sorted out.

I liked the new maps a lot.
i play when i see people on. usually late afternoon, evenings and nights...

Ensirius

I took the two gunners on attack boat via headshot with bolt sniper rifle.

That has to be one of the most satisfying things I've ever done on a game. Ever.

So is it basically impossible to play with friends on the PS4 version?

I get into a match and every time I try to invite a friend, the game crashes. Is there a work around for this?

Why doesn't it let me bind the gadgets on my mouse thumb button? (G9X)
I don't want to remap my g9x profile to a key because I use it for other games too.
It looks like the game just wants the first gadget to be on the "3" key.
I have windows 8.1 btw

Grief.exe

Why doesn't it let me bind the gadgets on my mouse thumb button? (G9X)
I don't want to remap my g9x profile to a key because I use it for other games too.
It looks like the game just wants the first gadget to be on the "3" key.
I have windows 8.1 btw

Make sure you are in the 'mouse controls' column and not the keyboard binding column.

AmyS

For me, being connected to Origin and using Battlelog on a non-iOS device (my Acer netbook PC with Google Chrome) for connecting to PS4 multiplayer is an ABSOLUTE MUST.
The difference is going from barely playable and extremely frustrating, to very playable and much less frustrating.

I am also using hardwired ethernet LAN connections from both my PS4 and the netbook to my Comcast XFINITY gateway. No reason for me to even try it with WiFi.

Hopefully others will experience similar results.

Make sure you are in the 'mouse controls' column and not the keyboard binding column.

I have checked that of course.
I mean, I can actually bind it but if i press it nothing happens.
Even if I change the keyboard key it still requires me to press 3 to bring the gadget up.
I have tried repairing files and updating mouse drivers etc.
It's bugging me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom