• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I just beat and was wowed by KZ(graphics-wise) and I just started BF4, and, I have to say, I think it looks better than Killzone, graphically, so far. I'm only on the 2nd level but the rain... the buildings, it all looks really amazing. This game really feels like next gen to me.

Is this game able to be played now on PS4, or should I just leave my copy shrink wrapped, and return it for something like Knack? I keep hearing theres so many issues you can't play online.

I just want to open it up, go to multiplayer and play conquest (the one where you have x amount of tickets and defend the flags)

Is this currently working on the PS4?

Someone else who has played more of the game than me can answer whether you should return it or not better than me, but definitely don't trade it in for Knack :/

I haven't been in a multiplayer match for more than 1 minute. 60fos looks good, but this blows. Warframe and killzone is killing it on ps4 right now

benjammin

This is crazy. Is this the general consensus of the ps4 version? I'm still waiting for my target to get the game in stock before I trade in my unopened copy of fifa I got with the b2g1 deal... should I get ghosts instead? Because I really don't want to do that... they cant let this go on forever right? A patch must be around the corner...

Pretty much. I actually got 4 or 5 complete games of rush in tonight, but it took about half a dozen attempts to join a game. I love that the game tells you to check your Internet connection when it fails to connect. Talk about insult to injury.

Gaz_RB

Anyone here care about your K/D ratio?

This is crazy. Is this the general consensus of the ps4 version? I'm still waiting for my target to get the game in stock before I trade in my unopened copy of fifa I got with the b2g1 deal... should I get ghosts instead? Because I really don't want to do that... they cant let this go on forever right? A patch must be around the corner...

It's weird. The only issue I've had has been with getting into conquest. Everything else has been smooth/amazing.

params7

Banned
That's the worst. Was having a great match earlier, getting tons of points, and then the game freezes and all my progress is lost.

I just came here to post that I just took part in a 45 minute plus, very close Obliteration match in which I was leading my team with 50+ kills and scored two of the obliterations on the enemy points. I lose connection to the server at the last leg.

Please let me take this opportunity to say:

FUCK. YOU. EA.

Now I'm on Killzone until they fix their shitty online infrastructure. And if not, I'll just trade in this garbage. Planetside 2 is en-route and will blow the shit out of BF4.

AmyS

I just beat and was wowed by KZ(graphics-wise) and I just started BF4, and, I have to say, I think it looks better than Killzone, graphically, so far. I'm only on the 2nd level but the rain... the buildings, it all looks really amazing. This game really feels like next gen to me.

I would agree. So far, no matter what I've done playing SP campaign or MP, I have yet to notice any dips in framerate. At least it seems DICE got the graphics looking extremely good at seemingly consistant 60fps.

I have Killzone but I haven't even opened it up yet. I did play a little bit of Need For Speed (digital download) as well as Flower, but it's all about BF4 for me. As long as I stay out of Conquest, MP has been pretty fun.

I sincerely hope DICE issues fixes for the servers and gets Conquest working properly, as well as deliver a patch so SP saves don't corrupt anymore. I have yet to get into a match with anything remotely close to 64 players, even using Battlelog on another device to join, without a crash / lost connection / whatever.

scogoth

Anyone here care about your K/D ratio?

Squad score and Win/Loss are much better metrics to measure a good player. K/D and SPM are much less important to me because its not too difficult to have a 3+ K/D if you only use vehicles or a SPM of 1000 if you only play TDM or 24/7 operation locker.

HariKari

Squad score and Win/Loss are much better metrics to measure a good player.

Funny, most top tier players have plenty of squad score and usually a win/loss better than 75%. We can pretend that 'teamplayers' do the heavy lifting on most teams but it's just not true. In any sort of ticket based mode, I will always take the high K/D player. They know how to be efficient.

scogoth

Funny, most top tier players have plenty of squad score and usually a win/loss better than 75%. We can pretend that 'teamplayers' do the heavy lifting on most teams but it's just not true. In any sort of ticket based mode, I will always take the high K/D player. They know how to be efficient.

So you are agreeing? I'm not saying good player DON'T have high KD/SPM, I'm saying I want someone with great squad score and win/loss and good KD/SPM. I know of bad players who have have high KD/SPM and terrible squad/win/loss because they only play selective game modes.

My point being is K/D alone is not a good measure of a player.

JJD

I hope you squad up with that lone wolf sniper on a hill 650 meters away from the objective with a 8.0 K/D of...8 kills in a whole game.

I'll be on the team with the teamplayers.

tn2007

So you are agreeing? I'm not saying good player DON'T have high KD/SPM, I'm saying I want someone with great squad score and win/loss and good KD/SPM. I know of bad players who have have high KD/SPM and terrible squad/win/loss because they only play selective game modes.

My point being is K/D alone is not a good measure of a player.

But I know players with high squad scores and high win/loss records but suck. People can just play with their friends and have a high win loss ratio and squad score, but that doesn't make you good. My point is that you have to play with or against the person to really know who is good or who is not.

There are also players that are only good in pubs, but are bad in competition. Than they are different things you might be good at, like infantry or vehicles. I will say though if you have a K/D of less than 1, you are bad.

PS I have the highest win/loss ratio on my friends list with a 6.16.

Bombless

I just came here to post that I just took part in a 45 minute plus, very close Obliteration match in which I was leading my team with 50+ kills and scored two of the obliterations on the enemy points. I lose connection to the server at the last leg.

Please let me take this opportunity to say:

FUCK. YOU. EA.

Now I'm on Killzone until they fix their shitty online infrastructure. And if not, I'll just trade in this garbage. Planetside 2 is en-route and will blow the shit out of BF4.

Having played it rather extensively, I really do not believe that.

These fucking sniper's on the roofs. Domination, that tank map. Literally everyone on the other team were up on the roofs not giving a flying Fuck about capping flags.
So I decided, OK, let's run support and start blasting these fools with the airbust. Suffice to say we won the match with a ridiculous score and got a few hatemails after. Apparently I was the Noob. God I love the all the tools they give us to deal with this shit. Can't wait for that new support gadget, that controllable rocket thingy.

Grief.exe

You can still have a high K/D and play the objectives. It all comes down to the same things that are needed in other FPS games, great aim and map awareness.

I have had over 2 K/D in all BF games so far, and I always play the objective.

These fucking sniper's on the roofs. Domination, that tank map. Literally everyone on the other team were up on the roofs not giving a flying Fuck about capping flags.
So I decided, OK, let's run support and start blasting these fools with the airbust. Suffice to say we won the match with a ridiculous score and got a few hatemails after. Apparently I was the Noob. God I love the all the tools they give us to deal with this shit. Can't wait for that new support gadget, that controllable rocket thingy.

I hate those people with a passion. Not only does it ruin my K/D on the ground, but these guys are just triple capped up there.

Dylx

It's funny I can't play siege of singhai on ps4, it doesn't load for any mode.

I can play every other map but that one lol

Flunkie

Banned
Lol you're right. Snipers and campers are gonna love that.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I've given up trying to get into the larger game-modes, and I'm just sticking to Squad Deathmatch. I'm having a surprising amount of fun too. Some of these maps are really great, and give me ample opportunity to troll with my sniping shotgun. Kind of tedious that you have to get 520 kills just to unlock everything but... hey, I'm halfway there.

I've unlocked all the grenades but the minis are my favorite. That you can carry 3-4 and throw them far makes them very useful. Flares seem like a novelty, and incendiaries seem similar, given how fast it drops. Unsure about flashbangs.

I've given up trying to get into the larger game-modes, and I'm just sticking to Squad Deathmatch. I'm having a surprising amount of fun too. Some of these maps are really great, and give me ample opportunity to troll with my sniping shotgun. Kind of tedious that you have to get 520 kills just to unlock everything but... hey, I'm halfway there.

I've unlocked all the grenades but the minis are my favorite. That you can carry 3-4 and throw them far makes them very useful. Flares seem like a novelty, and incendiaries seem similar, given how fast it drops. Unsure about flashbangs.
How many shotgun kills until slugs?

That was the highlight of my time in BC2, some hilarious stuff shotgun-sniping people.

todahawk

You can still have a high K/D and play the objectives. It all comes down to the same things that are needed in other FPS games, great aim and map awareness.

I have had over 2 K/D in all BF games so far, and I always play the objective.

I hate those people with a passion. Not only does it ruin my K/D on the ground, but these guys are just triple capped up there.

was playing floodzone obliteration tonight and had a guy in my squad laying on some scaffolding near the top and back. He had such a narrow field of view he might as well have been in a tunnel. It was near one of our spawns and I kept seeing him there and he didn't fucking move. The enemy bomb carrier was down below and the dude didn't even flinch. I jumped down, killed the carrier and next time i spawned he was still there. I start yelling into my mic for him to move his dumb ass. told the schmuck that he wasn't helping us at all.

Any time I was nearby i'd stop in front of him to obscure his view and would shoot him in the head since it fucked with his view. he finally bailed and left.

damn, having flashbacks of BF:BC2 and the Wookies...

That was the highlight of my time in BC2, some hilarious stuff shotgun-sniping people.
oh hell yes, the neostadt 2000 with slugs?!?! sooo good.. it would piss off the recons/wookies so much. that and calling in an air strike with your binocs.

Tak3n

Banned

That would be the Mortar :)

it is very OP and expect it to be patched, basically fire off your 5 rockets, hit E, place it back down, you are fully reloaded

basically infinite Ammo, you can destroy maps, I can only imagine it is a bug, and is bound to be patched as people moan about it all over youtube

Woo-Fu

Banned
Win/Loss is a pretty useless stat when most of the time you join a full server you get put on the losing team. The only reason the slot opened up was because somebody quit the losing team and/or crashed.

I don't care how good you are, when you get stuck on the 50 ticket team and the other has 600 you're probably not going to be able to carry a win.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod

I think it varies from shotgun to shotgun, but the first you unlock takes 90 kills for slugs. There's also the "Full Choke" muzzle attachment earlier that's supposed to tighten the spread for increased accuracy, but I didn't play around with it much, and I don't think it helped range at all.

Yeah, I checked the battlelog website, every shotgun takes either 80 or 90 kills before you get slugs. And hey, I've got a neat 50% accuracy with the QBS-09 (280 kills)! Better than I had expected.

Cheech

Well, if you are looking for some rock solid shooty action for your PS4, CoD is the only option right now. Some people will say Killzone, but without getting OT, I completely disagree. Many baffling design decisions with that one, including lack of voice chat.

I think it varies from shotgun to shotgun, but the first you unlock takes 90 kills for slugs. There's also the "Full Choke" muzzle attachment earlier that's supposed to tighten the spread for increased accuracy, but I didn't play around with it much, and I don't think it helped range at all.

Yeah, I checked the battlelog website, every shotgun takes either 80 or 90 kills before you get slugs. And hey, I've got a neat 50% accuracy with the QBS-09 (280 kills)! Better than I had expected.
Sounds good, thanks.

Somehow my hitreg seems magically better today, though far from perfect. Definitely a much more enjoyable game. Although the coloured blur fix didn't work (no it isn't the .txt issue).

Sound in this game is vicious though, don't know if I want to step it up to war tapes while I value my hearing lol.

I don't care how good you are, when you get stuck on the 50 ticket team and the other has 600 you're probably not going to be able to carry a win.

It doesn't even have to be a game like that. You can start a round at equal tickets but if you have dumbasses in your team there's virtually no way you can singlehandedly carry your team to a win.

IMO there's no single stat that can tell you whether anyone is a good player. You have to study their profile a bit to see if they have team/objective stats (captures/resupplies/revives/vehicles destroyed etc.) across the board. I'd put their personal stats (SPM/KD etc.) on a lower tier of importance as compared to the previous ones.

TheBear

Can someone explain how ranging works with sniper rifles?
I've been playing since BF1942 and I still can't work out how to kill someone at long range.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Can someone explain how ranging works with sniper rifles?
I've been playing since BF1942 and I still can't work out how to kill someone at long range.

Fire a shot at same range as target but off angle so he doesn't hear the bullet. Notice how far the bullet dropped. Shoot that much higher at the target.

Once you get used to whatever rifle you're using you'll have a feel for how much you have to adjust.

Zeroing allows you to set your crosshair for a certain range. Set it to 200m, shoot at somebody 200m away, can just put the crosshair over their head. I don't change my zero unless it is very, very long range, it is just too cumbersome for most of the engagements in bf4. Better to pick a zero and stick with it most of the time.

When starting out don't bother shooting at moving targets. Between the netcode and being new to a rifle/optic it is usually pretty difficult *and* makes it take longer to get used to the weapon. Work stationary targets which will build your feel for the gun/optic and then when you're comfortable with adjusting for range you can start on moving targets.

Toothpick

Just came to say that was first Battlefield campaign I actually enjoyed. I never appreciated the Bad Companies and BF3 was just a mess. A little short but it had a decent story imo.
Oh, and I was playing the peasant 360 version. Multiplayer freezes consistently when loading new maps online and I already tried installing to the hard drive (maybe it's just my old 360?). This game is just so ugly on current gen consoles, many of the multiplayer maps look hideous, worse than BF3 even. Glad I only paid $18 for this (lol walmart), but I think i'll come back on PC in the future. cheers

Synless

I was playing the story mode over the weekend and two things stood out. First this game is eye poppingly amazing to look at, any of those vaseline comments that people were making are horse shit. Second the story mode is predictable, but not as complete shit as people make it sound.

Ooccoo

Can't play at all on PS4. "Lost connection to the EA servers"

Last time I buy an EA game. Should have known

edit; I don't care about the campaign

Keasar

Lvlcap just tweeted out about the new iteration of Operation Metro.

2PT0hy5.png

Oh goodie, might have a chance of being a little enjoyable at least.

Still probably gonna dislike it like I do original Metro and Operation Locker.

Seanspeed

Banned
... I think I'm level 12 lol

Some people have way too much time on their hands.
Even if you have a ton of free time, I still think its crazy to spend seemingly ALL of it playing Battlefield. But whatever. His time, not mine.

EDIT: And yea, I'm only level 7 and 5 hours played, but I've been avoiding it for the most part, waiting for fixes.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The Most Based of Dices said:
WE WILL RESTART THE BACKEND TO APPLY AN UPDATE TO THE PLAYSTATION 4 PLATFORM, ALL USERS WILL BE DISCONNECTED FROM EA ONLINE AND GAME SERVERS AS WE DEPLOY THIS UPDATE. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE

Hopefully it improves the stability.

Source

wiggleb0t

Banned
New Nvidia driver 331.82 http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/70184/en-us
nvidia said:
New in GeForce R331 Drivers

Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 50% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL-certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:

GeForce GTX 770/780/TITAN/780Ti:
Up to 50% in Metro: Last Light
Up to 26% in Crysis 3
Up to 18% in Battlefield 4

Hopefully some improvements

Dug

Banned
Completed the fifth campaign level yesterday, liking it way more than the BF3 campaign. Too bad it seems like there isn't many more missions left to do.

iso135

Completed the fifth campaign level yesterday, liking it way more than the BF3 campaign. Too bad it seems like there isn't many more missions left to do.

Ditto. I could barely tolerate BF3s campaign. BF4s campaign is ridiculous and not super amazing or anything, but I enjoyed it for the most part.

Im getting my KZ bundle next week. It'll be the only game I have for awhile since I'm broke from buying the PS4. But I really want this, might trade it in for this. How is SP and MP compared to KZ's SP and MP? I heard that KZ's online was surprisingly really fun. But damn... THe vids I see of Battlefield.. Destrucion, vehicles, warfareeee. :eek:

Gibbo

Is it just the PS4 MP which is bonked - or is the PC equally as screwed up? I finally finished SP on the PC and wanted to try MP. Tried logging into 3 separate games over 15 minutes- but it keeps shutting down (after waiting for a good 3/4 minutes on the loading screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom