• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Is reviving worth the loss of a gadget? I seem to be getting much more points for healing rather than reviving. It also seemed like i was reviving much more in BF3 making it worthwhile

EVIL

Market Garden was always my favourite. Not sure if it would translate well but is fucking awesome back in the day

maps_16.jpg

its pretty amazing, especially since I live in Arnhem now. it makes you realise how the scale in absolute wonky in BF1942 (the city is allot bigger IRL) also pretty cool recognizing area's when you look at operation market garden photographs.

Hellcrow

Panama Canal was my favorite BC2 conquest map. Motion sensor + C4 + G3/SniperShotty on consoles was devastating. Not sure how well it would work on PC where everyone are superfast shots.

BTW: Played 4 hours 64p BF4 on PC yesterday and not a single crash. Am I just lucky?

HariKari

haha nice. you're a good sniper, after eight years of BF I still can't snipe for shit. also that knife and two pistol kills was brilliant lol.

Looks like they have created flanks around B. not sure what to make of it, I actually kind of like the bottleneck (on xbox with 24 players). Made for some intense fighting.

http://youtu.be/L90DibXzunI

Levelcap's video goes in depth about the changes.

Milennia

haha nice. you're a good sniper, after eight years of BF I still can't snipe for shit. also that knife and two pistol kills was brilliant lol.

Looks like they have created flanks around B. not sure what to make of it, I actually kind of like the bottleneck (on xbox with 24 players). Made for some intense fighting.

Dont worry, after all this time, i cant fly a chopper for shit -.-

Kingbrave

Dont worry, after all this time, i cant fly a chopper for shit -.-

I can fly awesome. I do it all the time. I fly into trees, buildings, water and once into a boat. I'm special.

I should take the time and learn. I really like running around and blowing shit up though.

Stuck playing deathmatch on PS4 until the game is patched. Upside is I am able to fast track weapon leveling. Also, the map pick-ups spawn fairly quickly. A one-hit kill from a Barrett.50cal helps me rank up my Recon weapon score pretty fast, all things considered.

Panama Canal was my favorite BC2 conquest map. Motion sensor + C4 + G3/SniperShotty on consoles was devastating. Not sure how well it would work on PC where everyone are superfast shots.

BTW: Played 4 hours 64p BF4 on PC yesterday and not a single crash. Am I just lucky?
I don't think it is just you, I have only had one crash in the few days I have been playing it.

Nevermind, as I said that I crashed. It's only ever when you're doing well it seems.

Facism

i'm not crashing much but the game runs like a turd no matter the settings. To have locked 60fps just shit the bed to 35 randomly is not fun :(

The Op Metro makeover looks nice, new flank routes good, collapsible ceilings, that flammable grass probably won't impact gameplay a whole lot but it's interesting that it's there and thankfully no disgusting blue tint.

TCRS

Banned
http://youtu.be/L90DibXzunI

Levelcap's video goes in depth about the changes.

WOW THANKS FOR THE CAMPAIGN SPOILER LEVELCAP

lol jk, I probably would have never played the campaign if it wasn't for the M249 (and the other weapons). again, fuck you Dice.

the flank is closed for conquest though, so that's good. the elevator should add to the excitement and intensity.

his flashlight only turns on when he zooms in, is that a bug or is that how the flash light now works?

Jito

Banned
Can't seem to finish a single game due to crashing since the last game patch. This is so annoying as I could get through plenty of games the other week without it crashing. I now feel your pain guys :(

TCRS

Banned
The BC2 Vietnam maps were brilliant as well.

Also: Oasis. Rush on Oasis is always fun.

BF2: MC maps: Backstab, Deadly Pass, Bridge Too Far

JJD

BF2: MC maps: Backstab, Deadly Pass, Bridge Too Far

I loved Phu Bai Valley, Operation Hastings and Cao Son Temple!

They were really great maps. Vietnam should have released at least 6 months earlier. When Dice finally made it available there wasn't that much people playing that were willing to fork 15 bucks for it.

WOW THANKS FOR THE CAMPAIGN SPOILER LEVELCAP

lol jk, I probably would have never played the campaign if it wasn't for the M249 (and the other weapons). again, fuck you Dice.

the flank is closed for conquest though, so that's good. the elevator should add to the excitement and intensity.

his flashlight only turns on when he zooms in, is that a bug or is that how the flash light now works?

First, those are spoilers for Battlefield 3.

Second, there's 2 (actually 3) flashlight attachments in the game.

Your regular flashlight.

Tactical flashlight.

Laser/Light Combo.

What he has is the tactical flashlight, which only turns on when you ADS

Thorgi

Hearing talk of next gen Battlefield 4 registering the online ID of the first player and denying anyone else using the same disc copy. Is this true?

Blutonium

I can't watch the Métro video at work, but please ensure me there's flanking possibilities now? They can't release the same bottleneck trash.

Operation Locker on the other hand is an amazing map.

Tekku

I can't watch the Métro video at work, but please ensure me there's flanking possibilities now? They can't release the same bottleneck trash.

Operation Locker on the other hand is an amazing map.

There's about five new flanking routes, which all lead to different areas. The map even got evelators now. Outside you can set the grass on fire and inside you can bring down rubble and make the roof cave in at around 20 positions. They have also moved some objects to make it easier to advance and hide behind cover. And yeah the map takes place after the nuke so it looks like Metro: Last Light (rather fitting title). :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

No they really aren't. Hastings was terrible because it was set after set after set literally two minutes after the other and Vietnam was the start of chokepoint cities.

And no, Oasis is never fun.

Same for Kharg and Norshar.

EVIL

So on the 26th of november we will see footage of the china rising maps.

I am hoping for a remake of Daqing Oilfields and Dragon Valley, and 2 new ones.

If we're talking maps in the BF series then Karkand, Sharqi Peninsula, Road to Jalalabad = GOAT

Oman and Wake Island were cool too, so was the Arica harbor map in BC2 or whatever its called, its the only map I can stomach Rush on, otherwise I don't bother with that mode.

watchdog

Damn, that all looks great. When BF4 is working as it should it's brilliant. But I can't help but think that these maps are gonna be glitchy when they get released. I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom