• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 |OT| Prepare to Leave Beta... Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.

scogoth

So this game doesn't even work on PS4 either.

My PC version is a buggy piece of shit and the PS4 MP doesn't work at all.

What a joke DICE.

You've lost yourself a customer. This is unacceptable. You wish your game was good enough to put up with this horse shit. Clue: It isn't. Not even close.

Same as BF3, same as BC2, same as.... all BF games. But people keep buying them (like me). You reward a child for bad behavior they will keep misbehaving.

Spl1nter

Probably my best single snipe in the game so far

itkrDs5IYWGt8.gif

Also the prone knife animations are beautifully brutal every single time.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I really want to get on that Premium, but with the game in the state it is... shrsh...

I guess I'll wait until Second Assault gets an official release date. Do you still get the gold battle-packs for each month even if you sign up for premium at a later date?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Probably my best single snipe in the game so far

http://i.minus.com/itkrDs5IYWGt8.gif

Also the prone knife animations are beautifully brutal every single time.

My snipe skills have gone away due to scope sway (fuck CoD and DICE ;_;) and slapping a PDW/Carbine on my recon and just going to town with that.

Ugh, you're making me want to get the sniper kills.

TheSeks

TheSeks when are they gonna fix it? WHENS?

What? Lumberjacking? Probably never.

Okay, that's a lie, they fixed it in BF3 and then people complained so they took it out in 4.

Whoops, double post.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I didn't pick up my PS4 preorder on time. 0_0

goddamn.

I thought I could get it on Sunday (after talking to the gamestop guy on Thurs and having the thing already paid in full)... guess not. Seems Sat was the cutoff. Now I have $400+ in store credit at gamestop lol.

Anyway, if any of you dudes are wondering where I am... I'm looking for a PS4!

Not sure how long this will take. I'm kind of an asshole for not getting over there, but I work two jobs and it wasn't convenient until Sun. Really messed that up.

My snipe skills have gone away due to scope sway (fuck CoD and DICE ;_;) and slapping a PDW/Carbine on my recon and just going to town with that.

Ugh, you're making me want to get the sniper kills.

With 4x scopes there is no sway and also no glint, I rarely use any other scopes for my sniper rifles.

Trakan

I purchased the digital version of BF4 on PS4. I'm guessing I don't get the China Rising DLC? Pretty lame if it's only for pre-orders when you can't pre-order a download.

DarkFlow

Banned
bf4crashcysqx.jpg

63 64 crashes in 88h of playtime, could have been worse! 24 days later, and the sound loop freeze is still here, and that's not even counting the miriad of other problems, like netcode, missing sounds on maps or the random checkered textures on Lancam Dam and Golmund Railway (more often on Dam than Railway).

Edit. If you're curious search for view all problem reports in the control panel.
I'm at 38 with 61 hours, but I would say more then half of that was from Beta since it counts the hours for that.
dR4mg2W.jpg
I also started playing like a week after release.
How do check this? I'm sure I have just as many. Jesus.

It's in Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Problem Reports.

Heysoos

Should I just expect a CTD every time there's a map switch? Geez.

I'm at 38 with 61 hours, but I would say more then half of that was from Beta since it counts the hours for that.

It's in Control Panel\System and Security\Action Center\Problem Reports.

I'm at 55. And that's because this doesn't count Server Disconnects. At least I would think, since that would close normally.

Facism

i haven't had a crash in about 15 games.

Just got banned from a rush server by asking the recon camper admin (we were attacking team) to get a carbine and help us with arming and motion sensors.

TheSeks

I miss conquest assault :(

DICE probably doesnt want to make them since they are similar in a way to rush.

Not really. Rush is attack two objectives three times.

Conquest Assault is attack all flags until you either bleed the defenders out, or cap all the flags to where they can't spawn and then kill them.

Two different modes of play.

But frankly, Conquest Assault wasn't strong in BF3 because it wasn't supported in all maps. To where barely anyone played it. They just played the Conquest version if they could.

jond76

Banned
I purposely told myself that this didn't release until I had my new Xbox. Hopefully that version can avoid these crazy ass problems I'm hearing about.

fritolay

When I edit the filter on server browser, PS4, the other night it showed the China Rising maps listed. (CR). I don't know if they are still showing. This was Mon night.

wrongway

Man, that problem reports info. 28 crashes in almost 58 hours of retail here. Though most of those were in the first week -- 23 crashes from launch through the 3rd -- and 11 of those were on the 31st alone. Damn.

What day was the patch? I apparently haven't crashed since one instance on the 12th. Knock on wood. :x

Zinthar

Am I missing something or is the PC version barren as hell? Almost nobody seems to be playing online...

BF4stats.com says there are 37.7k players playing the PC version atm. Check your server search settings -- you probably have something checked that's causing it to find nothing.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Anyone on pc was able to get the MTAR21. From what I hear its unlockable by getting 1 grenade kill, one lmg kill, one assault riffle kill and one sniper riffle kill in a single round. Was that patched out already?

Spl1nter

According to someone talking with EA customer support on reddit Second Assault is released on November 29th for all other platforms. Amazing if true. Will have 8 more maps to play on within a few days.

todahawk

I didn't pick up my PS4 preorder on time. 0_0

goddamn.

I thought I could get it on Sunday (after talking to the gamestop guy on Thurs and having the thing already paid in full)... guess not. Seems Sat was the cutoff. Now I have $400+ in store credit at gamestop lol.

Anyway, if any of you dudes are wondering where I am... I'm looking for a PS4!

Not sure how long this will take. I'm kind of an asshole for not getting over there, but I work two jobs and it wasn't convenient until Sun. Really messed that up.

Ahh, I was wondering where you were at!
I ended up keeping my pre-order and went BF day 1... as unstable and crash heavy as it's been I've still had a shitload of fun. Need more of the old GAF crew to play with... randoms suck and none of them use their mic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom